Stupidest rule in school...

-Orgasmatron-

Nov 3, 2008
DisturbiaWolf13 said:
NO ''Sexual contact'' between pupils-sounds reasonable,what they actually mean is no holding hands,kissing,hugging etc. I dont see the problen with those things,hell i dont even see a problem with two people sucking face in the hall whether its male/female,male/male or female/female,they're not hurting anybody.
They're hurting my eyes. I do agree though, it is ridiculous to ban it, but it has to be said it did piss me off in school when two people would start dry humping on the wall next to me.

ravens_nest said:
The one that meant everyone involved in a fight gets in trouble.

I never started the fight but to hell with not fighting back.
School I went to it was the winner gets in trouble. So say someone comes up and headbutts you because they don't like the look of you, then you lay the smackdown on them because they're actually a pussyio, you'll get done and they'll get off scot free.

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
Hazmatdeath said:
Akai Shizuku said:
Hazmatdeath said:
Akai Shizuku said:
darkless said:
Project_Omega said:
Also the idea of unifors annoys me badly!
My school had uniforms and you clearly have no idea just how much trouble the prevent, It practically erases a whole aspect of bullying, in that you cant get slagged for what you wear because everyone is wearing the exact same thing.
I refuse to wear a uniform; to me it symbolizes subservience and being like everyone else...two things I am against.

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2009/247/9/9/DIY_Hammer_and_Sickle_by_AkaiShizuku.jpg

I stitched a hammer & sickle into my mp3 player's wrist strap thing. I'm going to start arguments if anyone tells me to take it off, fascist bastards.
Wore a hammer and sickle shirt to school once and got called down to the deans and the bastards made me take it off, the fuck, why don't they make people take off the Che Guevara shirt? Also, in middle school we weren't allowed to hug, or get even close to a girl, it was like the proximity rule in that movie, The Island. Also, we weren't allowed to wear jackets with a certain pocket depth because they were afraid of school shootings. Heh.
Did they actually check pocket depths?
No, but if they looked to big you might as well be a terrorist, they were really touchy about that stuff, like once i got called down to the counselor cause apparently one of my teachers saw me sketching an M60 on a paper and flipped shit, the counselor asked me if i had problems at home and all this other crap, and i was like, "um, no....I just have a long military history in my family and i'm a competitive shooter, i like guns? Problem? What if i wanna be a weapons designer?"
I always LOL at how apeshit school authorities get over such little things. I swear I'm going to sketch AK-47s and hammers & sickles everywhere at my new school.

Blackality

Oct 18, 2009
MadeinHell said:
When I was 15 years old my schools "dictator" decided that blue pens are bad and should be banned...

And no... I don't mean pens that write things in blue, I mean BLUE PENS... Thanks god he got fired xP

PS. Other thing I remember from that fucked up school (now I'm at perfectly normal and cool highschool) is that my teacher thought I'm:
a) Alcoholic and a Drug addict - Cause I wrote a satiric 20 page story about our school's life that was just a total joke and nothing in it was real. I mean. There was parts of The Matrix, Star Wars and many many other things in it but she thought I had to be COMPLETLY high to create this and sent me off to police (no I'm not kidding) God I wish I sued that *****.

b) A satanist - Cause I got A+ on my work about "Godly comedy" (I think its named that way in English) by Dante Algieri. You get it? She said I'm SATANIST cause I got A for my hard work o_O...
At least we don't have problems with religion here. We can be satanist, christian, whatever.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
The worst rule I ever had was probably that guys and girls had to sit on the opposite side of the bus. I guess they were worried about students getting romantic with each other. But if by the age of 16, if you can't sit next to some one of the opposite sex without doing anything sexual, you're probably not fit for public school anyway.

That, and the school was obsessed with sports. One year during homecoming week, about 50 students(including all of the football team) went to the school at mid night and vandalized the place. They didn't break anything, but they threw eggs, and lots of other stuff. Basically it was a janitors nightmare. All 50 kids were on tape and was sent to ISDP (the same thing as being suspended in school). Out of all those kids, they let the football players out 3 days early to play for homecoming. The football players never had to go back and serve their isdp, it was just kind of ignored. Then the principal went on to say it wasn't vandalism, it was school spirit. They never did that again, probably because the entire county was in an uproar over it.

Edit: Just thought of another one. Once my friend decided to sing "99 bottles of beer on the wall" He got 10 words in and a teacher stopped him because talking about beer is inappropriate.

Baby Eater

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Aug 27, 2009
Blackality said:
Hey people! I made my account a minute ago!

I'm from Portugal (an european country) so sorry my English.

Anyway. My school has some serious issues, most of them because of the MASSIVE bureaucracy. I mean, you have to fill a papper for everyting!

And if shit happens they just forbid us to do that thing instead of finding a good solution.
welcome to the escapist!

OT: i got suspended for stepping on a fucking 1 foot patch of grass they said i was destroying school property

FISHFINGERS

May 26, 2008
When my brother was in sixth form, there was a "no jeans" rule as the school headmaster thought they didn't look smart.

The solution, the entire sixth form turned up the most scruffy trousers they could find until the rule was changed.

Chess__x

Aug 4, 2009
Well, when I was at my secondary school it was crap like no coloured hair, no trainers, no jewellery, you had to wear the uniform, no high heels, no short skirts, no make-up, no coloured nail varnish. In the first 4 years they didn't really enforce any of it, but in the last year we got a new head teacher and he was a bit mental & they began sending people round into lessons to check all the kids looked how they were supposed to. They even had nail varnish remover, make-up remover and plimsolls that you had to wear if you were caught in trainers. I gather it's got worse since I left though and you now have to wear a tie, shirt and blazer. & if you turn up without your tie you get sent home. How ridiculous is that?

Edit: oh, and no more than one stud in each ear for girls and only one ear piercing for guys. I think I always found that to be the stupidest rule. & you couldn't have any facial piercings.

RedHoodProdigalSon

Oct 18, 2009
Wow some of your schools sound like POW Camps, The worst rule I ever had to endure was (stupidly) if you didn't have your tie/blazer/top button done up it was straight down to the Isolation room with you. This was mainly for the lads as our idiot of a headteacher let the girls run around with boobs bursting from the seams and skirts that could be mistaken for belts, mind you I always did suspect there was something not quite right about him, but that's another story for another topic :D

Volstag9

Apr 28, 2008
I'm not really sure if this is a rule or a strange tradition but when there's a game all the boys who are going to be in that particular game have to wear a dress shirt and tie with their shirt tucked in.

maybe they do this everywhere but in my previous schools they never did this.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
Volstag9 said:
I'm not really sure if this is a rule or a strange tradition but when there's a game all the boys who are going to be in that particular game have to wear a dress shirt and tie with their shirt tucked in.

maybe they do this everywhere but in my previous schools they never did this.
They did this at my school for awhile. Now they just have to wear Jerseys

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Blackality said:
Hey people! I made my account a minute ago!

I'm from Portugal (an european country) so sorry my English.

Anyway. My school has some serious issues, most of them because of the MASSIVE bureaucracy. I mean, you have to fill a papper for everyting!

And if shit happens they just forbid us to do that thing instead of finding a good solution.
Welcome to the Escapist! Your english is better than some people who speak it natively, I can assure you it's not bad.

OT: We had a sub teacher who disliked pens because she remembered when whiteboard pens were introduced and had to be recalled because of the fumes they gave off. "You never know what's in a pen". We weren't allowed to use pens because quite a while ago some pens made for whiteboards gave off fumes. They don't now. But ink pens, STAY THE FUCK AWAY.

-Orgasmatron-

Nov 3, 2008
Acaroid said:
reverse racism is ok, but racism isnt....

figure that one out...

(also to note, I live in australia and our highschool was joined to a spiecal aboriginal based school, so racism was a big issue)
To be fair, you did rob them blind afew hundred years ago.

RedHoodProdigalSon

Oct 18, 2009
To be fair said:
Not to start a flame war but I call a cop out on that statement for two reasons
1. WE did not rob them blind as you put it, although our ancestors may have done
2. Blacks to blacks, blacks to whites, whites to black racism is still racism i am so sick of the "One rule for one one rule for another"

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
McCa said:
Xan Krieger said:
With me not so much stupid rules but stupid punishments. One day I was told I could leave school by a teacher (he said the school day was over). My mother came, walked into the office and signed me out, and the next day I was told she had taken me from school without a legitimate reason (I was in ROTC and we had this big event and I was told after it was over I could leave unlike the kids who weren't in ROTC). So I got Saturday school. My mother realized this was stupid and she did sign me out so she served Saturday school with me.

Other stupid things I've encountered: Wearing a shirt that says Smart and has a picture of a donkey next to it for two years and then I was told it was inappropriate. Even ROTC thought it was appropriate and they're suppossed to be the most strict. Kids called it smart pony and laughed. So I was walking through the cafeteria and an assitant principal (one who I truly hate with all my being) told me to turn it inside out. I did and then I walked outside into a small outdooor place where we were allowed to eat lunch. I promptly reversed my shirt again so it was back to normal. The assistant principal comes out and gets on my case even when I tell her I was wearing it for years. My mother ended up bringing me another shirt.

Worst punishment wasn't evne a punishment as much as a personal I was so hated by the school administration that they wanted me gone. They were friends with the chief of police. So the school administrators spread a rumor that on 6/6/06 I was going to blow up the school. A friend of mine was interogated. By that I mean they brough him into the principals office where the principal and his two assistants were. They shut the door and for 30 minutes tried to get my friend to say I was going to blow up the school. I was 16 at the time. My friend never cracked.

Once they persuaded enough students to say it the chief of police went to a magistrate. The first one turned him down on the grounds that what he was doing was wrong. The second one filled out the appropriate paperwork. I was put in a mental hospital for 3 days.

When I went public with the story in 2008 people began to investigate the chief. In an interview with the chief for the newspaper the chief said he would do it all again if he had to. If he could send three cops cars to abduct an innocent 16 year old then what other messed up things could he do? Well they found out he was stealing from a charity he was put in charge of to help poor kids. He stole money and took his family to New York City (This school is near Charlotte, NC). The investigation is still going on but he did try to quit. He was turned down and fired instead.

Now the two people in the town government who backed him (the mayor and one of the town commissioners) might get voted out of office on Nov. 3rd. I am doing all I can to help the guys running against them.
I hope your kidding, I really do, have you got proof?
I have a copy of the newspaper from when I went public with the story. My mother went to work one day and one of her co-workers told her she was on the front page of the paper. Other then that I tried to find the article when it was posted online but I can't. All I have online is the photograph of me that was one the front page. What I don't have online but in writing is a letter from the former police chief claiming full responsiblity for what happened.

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
Your not allowed to wear hats most kinds of shirts and you cannot go on the computer.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
You were not allowed to make rude gesture.

Men, this included scratching your balls.

WTFBBQ!!!!!