Stupidist things youve heard people say

oneeyemug

Jan 14, 2012
"Only fictional zombies eat flesh. REAL zombies have been shown to only go for the brain." -acquaintance

What exactly is a "real" zombie?

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
saoirse13 said:
Yes bullies saying stupid stuff. One said to me by a bully before a small fight and apparently trying to slag off how i look was this... "You may be a picture, but I am a portrait"

I have to admit, bursting out laughing in her face to that was probably no the best reaction it definitely got me into a fight
That sounds like a reverse chat-up line.

Only way I could think of deflecting that would just be being completely obtuse.

"I am a lamp, but you are seeds!"

Azwrath

Feb 23, 2012
"If we evolved from monkeys the why aren't monkeys evolving into humans anymore?" It was even more sad when i realised he actualy tought he was making a valid point against me...

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Abomination said:
Gabanuka said:
Beautiful End said:
Wait. You guys dont add tax to the shown price?

Why the hell not?
Because 'murica, apparently.

Because lying to the consumer seems to be a national pastime.

Because they need an excuse to keep the penny in circulation because Abe Lincoln was the best president everrrrrrr!!!!111
Because brands standardize their prices, different states have different sales taxes, and the caveat "plus tax" is usually printed.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
SeeIn2D said:
Well my friend to this day insists that you can freeze fire, as in freeze a flame in a block of ice. Also when people try to say that the second amendment has any context in the modern USA.
Be prepared for highly intelligent people to explain why you're wrong, so you can have fun completely discounting them simply because they must be right-wing.

No, I don't mean freezing fire.

I'd start, but I'm about to fall asleep on my keyboard.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
"Why would you die if your heart stopped beating?" A girl in my year 12 psychology class.
"Why would you buy an iPad? I'd never use one." My friend. Yes, I know YOU would never use one, but I am not you. Hell, I'm using mine right now. He does this a lot though. He can't seem to understand that other people lead different lifestyles and have different needs to him. Never met a person lacking as much empathy as he does.

EDIT - Same friend. We were talking about why Australia needed an R rating for games. His speech first.
"None of the games I want get banned, so who cares?"
"I do. I want to see everything available so as to maximise our freedom when it comes to entertainment."
"Our freedom isn't limited."
"Yes, it is. Can you buy Mortal Kombat 9?"
"Why would I want to?"
"Irrelevant. Can you?"
"But I don't want to."
"That's not what I'm asking. Can you buy it, not do you want to."
"I don't want it though."
That went on for about 15 minutes. I seriously think he got knocked in the head somewhere down the line.

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
Hrm... "Games don't need pause buttons", "fun is limited to light-hearted humour", "what is this purple person doing in my serious cutscene?" the list could go on forever. I do realize these all relate to video games. Hmm.. I know!

"Let's change our logo from Sci-Fi to Syfy, and this will tell people we are more than just a channel devoted to science fiction, that's why we have wrestling and reality TV." That's kind of like how Cartoon Network has started introducing live action shows, totally undermining the concept of the channel as a whole. Or how History Channel and Animal Planet has started putting in reality TV shows.

"I have proof that multi-purpose vaccinations don't cause autism, peanut/milk allergies, and other issues that have been seemingly on the climb the last 10+ years." That one always makes me laugh. It may well be a case of correlation does not mean causation, but I haven't seen a huge amount of proof in either direction and whelp.. Occam's Razor.

"What's the worst that could happen?" or "It couldn't possibly get worse" are pretty high up there, because the shit always ends up hitting the fan afterwards.

I dunno.. I hear people say stupid things all the time, it's hard to focus on just one.

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
I'm sitting on the couch playing Legend of Mana by Squaresoft. Then the sister of my next door neighbor comes up to me and says:

"I like Jak and Daxter better because it's anime."

There was also a moment where I was with a group of friends trying to solve a physics problem involving a falling meter stick that was tipping over from its edge. And then we're trying to calculate its moment of inertia and my buddy cries out,

"Wait! They didn't tell us the length of the meter stick!"

In all seriousness he was one of my best friends during my undergraduate career.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
A day in which stupidity apparently was on a roll was 2 summers ago back home. My friend's girlfriend wanted to move to another beach because there were rocks in the sea.

After moving to another beach, another friend's girlfriend wanted to move to another beach cause small fish were biting her while she was standing still.

And all this in a Greek beach, mind you.

Take it away, Doug.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
McMullen said:
We had one of these threads just a few weeks ago I think.
but if we had resurected that thread people would complain about that

OT. my best friend is convinced that if you instantly traveled to Australia, because their 8-10 hours ahead of us (we are in UK) that would be time travel and you would have gone 8-10 hours in the future. while he is a good friend he really is an idiot at times

one other thing, i saw on face book. "if theres no oxygen in space, how does the sun burn? yet another thing science cant explain and thats why the bible is true!" my faith in humanity died when i read that

edit

one more thing i just remembered. and while i cant remember what my friend sair it provoked me to say this in return "Cara thats not Iraq... thats greenland" thats right she thought that large island in the north atlantic ocean near canada was Iraq

Your Gaffer

Oct 10, 2012
I had a customer who I removed malware from his computer. When he picked it up he asked if the "virus could get back on his computer from the wires in the wall".

He thought the malware was hanging out in cables in his house, like a real virus on a household surface.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Unfortunately, one of my siblings is prone to speaking whatever little nonsense is astonishingly still cooped up in their fleeting brain.

It's difficult to tell if they are truly struggling to process a sliver of rational thought/reasoning or if they are doing their best to dumb down their own intelligence.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
GunsmithKitten said:
http://www.fstdt.com/

Take your pick. I have to assign a new champion almost weekly after finding that website.
I sincerely hope these people are trolling. It's kind of a scary thought that some of these are actually out in the world otherwise.

Got to love the replies to them though.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
GunsmithKitten said:

Take your pick. I have to assign a new champion almost weekly after finding that website.
Yes, yes, yes. It's so brilliant. Somebody should start an FSTDT appreciation group on here sometime.

Legion said:
GunsmithKitten said:

I sincerely hope these people are trolling. It's kind of a scary thought that some of these are actually out in the world otherwise.
Some of them undoubtedly are, but most probably aren't.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
I once read someone's forum post going on about how they would illegalize marriage, if they could. Like, anyone caught enacting some sort of marriage ceremony would be thrown in prison.

Some people just have to take everything to its furthest extreme. Even societal subversiveness. And it's enough to make you bang your head against a wall.