Stupidist things youve heard people say

ThatRandomGuy42

Aug 21, 2011
While in History, a girl in my class said, "Is that Hitler?"
Out of context, it may not seem so bad, but this is the image we were looking at.

Edl01

Apr 11, 2012
When my teacher sent me out of the class in school for telling her Egypt was a part of Africa and she refused to accept it.

When the same teacher sent me out for informing her that Japan isn't a third world country where people walk around in robes, funny hats and live in bamboo housing.

I wonder where they got some of my teachers in my school :S

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
I have two - both things I overheard girls from the school that neighboured my old school saying:

'FML MY LIFE' and 'CoD of Duty'

Wut is this I don't even...

SirPigglesworth

Aug 14, 2012
"who is the government and why does he make all the laws?"
"Did we land on the moon? When did we do that?"
"Your veins carry water and that's why they are blue"

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Subscriptism said:
Eddie the head said:
Just about any "Theory" (notice the quotes) people come up with on the fly. You know like "here is my theory if you like rap your selfish because most rap songs are selfish." Umm no. At best its a hypothesis, most likely it's a wild guess.
Don't try to apply the scientific definition of theory to the everyday world. You just need to slap anyone who says "just a theory".
Well there is that but I am more pissed that half the time the "Theory" has a lack of any logic. A shit load of fallacies, and is really just a way to help people confirm there biases. Because if you call it a Theory you are somehow justified in making shit up. I mean the example I gave about Rap is anyone going to argue that most rap songs are about the person singing them? Dose that make the person selfish? No, but it's a way to confirm a bias to make yourself feel better about not likening it. That's mostly what I get pissed off about.

Just think of anything along the lines of "video game cause violent behavior." I am less pissed that they call it a theory and more pissed that they don't think about it.

Sirpigglesworth said:
"who is the government and why does he make all the laws?"
"Did we land on the moon? When did we do that?"
"Your veins carry water and that's why they are blue"
That last one was pretty funny.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
Not the worst, but first that came to mind.

Me: Yeah my parents are traveling to Europe.
Him: Why?
Me: Well, half of my family lives in England.
Him: Oh, are they going there afterwards?
Me: ...Wait what?

Frodowise

Mar 10, 2009
Mikejames said:
Not the worst, but first that came to mind.

Me: Yeah my parents are traveling to Europe.
Him: Why?
Me: Well, half of my family lives in England.
Him: Oh, are they going there afterwards?
Me: ...Wait what?
In fairness, many people do make a distinction between mainland Europe and England. He probably wasn't, but it's easier to see him making that mistake with England than, say, Germany.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
Frodowise said:
In fairness, many people do make a distinction between mainland Europe and England. He probably wasn't, but it's easier to see him making that mistake with England than, say, Germany.
Fair enough. I believe he was placing it a bit further off though.

jusplainrob

Aug 1, 2011
i think the worst was my brother a few weeks back, keep in mind he's nearly 21 and he asked " when it rains during the summer do sheep shrink? because wool does when its heated"

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Dangit2019 said:
One of my classmates said that lightning came from the ground, and was adamant about it even after being shown a video of it striking from the sky.
Um, it does come from the ground, it appears as though it comes from the sky, but that's not the case. Thought that was basic physics?

TheEmoGhost

Jul 31, 2012
Sudden Thunder said:
Two things my (28 yr old) girlfriend said. "do calves come out of a cows ass? And "do dogs nipples only appear when pregnant?" Otherwise shes a genius.
Are you sure about that one?? My ex complained (after paying 150 dollars for the collectors edition nonetheless) about not being able to play Skyrim on her Mac. She bought the 360 version to boot.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
'Evolution is ONLY a theory'.

Well God exists because the bible says he does and the bible is always true because it is the world of god

FireDr@gon

Apr 29, 2010
OK this one was a while back in secondary school "is the moon bigger than the sun?" Classic.

Also; upon hearing that a disease was threatening amphibians world-wide a 20 year-old friend piped up with "Oh good, I hate spiders"

Nadia Castle

May 21, 2012
I'm not even sure I can name the amount of stupid things I heard in politics lectures at university. Not even in a 'my politics is right yours is wrong' kind of way. I seriously had one lecture where someone went on an hours rant about how Israel attacked Haiti using an earthquake machine and another one where someone advocated that magnetic bracelets can cure cancer. I'd chalk them down to conspiracy nuts and fruitcakes but these were (supposedly) educated people. That pretty much taught me there's a big difference between intelligence and sanity.

Ingjald

Nov 17, 2009
I was once spotted reading a book recreationally before class in 11th grade (17 or 18 years old). This prompted one of my arriving classmates to ask "What, are you gay or something?". What.