Stylish Glitch Makes Deus Ex: Human Revolution All Warhol

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Stylish Glitch Makes Deus Ex: Human Revolution All Warhol

Ever wondered what Deus Ex: Human Revolution crossed with Killer 7 would look like?

Deus Ex: Human Revolution's distinctive look won it a lot of praise from critics, but the game's heavy use of the gold filter isn't for everyone. If you like your textures a little less visible and your colors a lot brighter, then Reddit user, TheFightingDumples, has just the glitch for you.

According to Dumples, the screenshots below are the product of a glitch that stripped away most of the game's textures and replaced them with eye-popping blocks of solid color. The funny thing is, a few of the screenshots of the glitch in action look pretty good.

[gallery=851]

Unfortunately, Dumples didn't provide any instructions on how to repeat the glitch. In fact, it may not even be an in-game glitch at all. Screwy texture mishaps like those depicted above tend to indicate that your video card is about to shuffle off this mortal coil. However, if an enterprising modder were to provide something similar, perhaps with a touch more color coordination, I'd be all over it.

Source: Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/x7k9r/my_game_glitched_and_gave_me_some_pop_art/]

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Don't get me wrong, but the glitch makes it looks like an Indie game.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008

My god, it looks like a painting. I would frame that, I would frame this over my bed with a small plaque saying "The art of videogame violence."

And I would cherish it forever.

Calumon: ...What was in my milk? O.O

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
Now, if only developers would make a AAA FPS game with that kind of colouring & lighting style (I love the look, basic and sleek, harkening almost to Mirror's Edge) but with amazing physics, and a really good animation system for the character. I'd take incredibly realistic manoeuvring over terrain, and climbing with unique animations and physics being ace, to yet more plastic shine, like we see in newer games.

Case in point, Battlefield 3. Looks amazing, but I'd prefer the game mentioned above. (If any developers just so happened to be reading this,
1) Developers go on these sites? Huh!
2) You have my £40/$60, whatever! Just please make it happen!

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
okay, see, that's the future everybody wanted to be in, not the age of 300

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
This reminds me of that Half-Life 2 mod Forever Gone Tomorrow or something like that. It was very well done at points, I recomend checking it out.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I wish more games looked like this.
I would seriously pay money to be able to do this to Deus Ex: HR.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Oh, wow. That looks great.
Huh.

You know, now I really want to play a game that looks like that.
Although, I imagine that like anything else, the real problem with design at the moment is just too much of the same. This looks good because it's amongst a bunch of brown and grey "realistic" shooters. If everything looked like that then I bet we'd be hankering for something with a little more hi-res textures and bump mapping and other techincal terms that I don't know what they mean.

Still, super cool.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
I want a game that looks like that (although I second the request for more color coordination). Seriously, if this is the sort of thing that can happen as the result of a graphics card glitch, it shouldn't be all that hard to make it a special feature (no textures means the only work is picking out colors for everything).

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Yikes.
That would need to need to be tuned down just a tiny bit for me to be able to play it without getting sick.
I mean it looks cool(Similar to the cyber level from Time Splitters 2/Future Perfect) but it would hurt me to play it as is.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Tone it down to take out the vomit inducing effect and you have there a stylish wii shooter!

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
That's most likely a bad case of graphics card overheating. He might've tried to use the user-made ultra high quality texture pack, which is known to cause overheating and sometimes even completely fries graphics cards.