Submit Your Bracket Prediction - Reader's Choice Game of the Year 2013

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Submit Your Bracket Prediction - Reader's Choice Game of the Year 2013

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/main/10]

Your favorite video games of 2013 go head-to-head in a 16 member tournament, and you can predict the outcome to win a year of Publisher's Club.

The floodgates are now open! We've settled on the final 16 games for the competition - 15 were picked by The Escapist editors plus a little indie darling snagged the last spot as voted by the members of our Publisher's Club. There were some hard decisions to make, but we think we have a pretty good list of the best games of the year. I'm sure you will all begin to argue about which game deserves the mantle as the The Escapist Reader's Choice Game of the Year 2013 - and you can do so at the dedicated forum here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/index/658] - but there's a way for you to prove your predictions.

Submit your brackets for The Escapist Reader's Choice Game of the Year 2013 right here. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/mybracket/10]

You have to sign in to your account at The Escapist - if you don't have an account, don't worry. You can register for free here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/registration/register.php] or login with Facebook. It's pretty easy.

Filling out your bracket is pretty easy too. Check out the 16 games in the bracket [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/mybracket/10] and click on a matchup. You'll be brought to a page which shows both games head-to-head, along with some related content in case you aren't familiar with the title and you want to study up before making a decision. Click on the one you think the community will vote for. A link will pop up telling you to go to the next battle. Rinse, repeat.

Actual voting on these matchups opens on December 4th and the whole community will have a chance to vote purely on what game they think is more deserving of the Game of the Year mantle. Once the first round of voting is complete, we'll score your brackets and year of Publisher's Club [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/leaderboard/10] for free. Already a member? Well, you'll get ANOTHER year you can keep for yourself or give to a friend.

More detailed instructions on how to participate can be found here. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/howto/10]

The deadline to submit your bracket is December 3rd at 11:59 pm EST. Get your predictions in before the deadline to be eligible for a chance at winning Publishers Club.

Good luck!

May the best prognosticators of The Escapist community reign supreme and may the best game of 2013 win The Escapist Reader's Choice Game of the Year!

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
I am deeply disappointed by the utter lack of public shaming for those who voted for Colonial marines thus far.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
My head tells me that GTAV is going to win based on making all of the money in existence

But my heart tells me to vote for what I want to win...

I'm sorry brain but my heart has to win here. XCOM:EW V The Last of Us it is (with LoU winning of course). XCOM was my second choice last year and Enemy Within just builds on that and The Last of Us is quite possibly my favorite game period, let alone my favorite game of 2013.

Though to be fair, I haven't PLAYED any other game besides those two due to the lack of funding...

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
SkarKrow said:
I am deeply disappointed by the utter lack of public shaming for those who voted for Colonial marines thus far.
I know what ya mean, what a disappointment, where is our shaming praising for voting for the best game!
I'm disgusted by those bastards lack of public shame!

Clearly they voted for the objectively best game and should be punished for it!

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
SkarKrow said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
SkarKrow said:
I know what ya mean, what a disappointment, where is our shaming praising for voting for the best game!

Perhaps more goading of the staff is required. We could try waggling our genitals at them.

No?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
SkarKrow said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
SkarKrow said:

That's right! We were promised shaming and yet there is no shaming...

Makes me sick o my stomach...
You and me both pal, I am extremely disappointed in the staff for not branding us evil ina news post or something.
Teoes said:
SkarKrow said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
SkarKrow said:

Perhaps more goading of the staff is required. We could try waggling our genitals at them.

No?
That escalated quickly :D

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
And that's open to most countries such as the U.K., Canada, Australia and New Zealand, not restricted just to the U.S.
The Five Eyes really aren't "most countries", folks.

lassiie

May 26, 2013
Sadly, Bioshock Infinite is the only game I was actually impressed with on this bracket...everything else was kind of....meh...

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
Has to be The Last Of Us, that was easily the best game this year. My own personal final was Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm vs The Last Of Us, but I know Starcraft isn't popular at The Escapist because of the console bias.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Saints Row 4 won for me, it just came down to which game I had more fun with, Bioshock Infinite was the runner up.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
SkarKrow said:
I am too, this lack of shaming risks letting us think we can get away anything and that undermines the staff's authority. The only way to restore order must be a shaming so humiliating that legends will be told of it in future Game of the Year competitions. Come on staff, let it begin!

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
JoJo said:
SkarKrow said:
I am too, this lack of shaming risks letting us think we can get away anything and that undermines the staff's authority. The only way to restore order must be a shaming so humiliating that legends will be told of it in future Game of the Year competitions. Come on staff, let it begin!
But that's because we can get away with anything so long as we don't make low content posts like "LOL I AGREE" when we quote other users. Or call people nasty names like "cuntbiscuit" or "twaddlepisser".

I was at least expecting all our avatars to be set to a xenomorph for a day or something.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I've went half head/half heart here.

I have Bioshock Infinite to trump GTA V in the final, and Papers, Please got all the way to round 3.

And my personal 16 would have half that list replaced.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
SkarKrow said:
JoJo said:
SkarKrow said:
But that's because we can get away with anything so long as we don't make low content posts like "LOL I AGREE" when we quote other users. Or call people nasty names like "cuntbiscuit" or "twaddlepisser".

I was at least expecting all our avatars to be set to a xenomorph for a day or something.
True, it's not as hard being a villain on this site as many might think. It'll be a real wipeout if they don't end up doing anything though, I was thinking they might publish a list of us and ask users to send us hate mail or something >.>

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
JoJo said:
SkarKrow said:
JoJo said:
SkarKrow said:

True, it's not as hard being a villain on this site as many might think. It'll be a real wipeout if they don't end up doing anything though, I was thinking they might publish a list of us and ask users to send us hate mail or something >.>
I can't help but think that would somehow violate a law somewhere > > but I was expecting something. We're not allowed to vote though, which is pretty bullshit as it wasn't mentioned when I voted that my vote would be lost for having a laugh.