Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
lax4life said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
lax4life said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Cheese whiz?

What the hell kind of person would use fake plastic tasting "cheese" on a perfectly delicious sandwich filled with steak?

Either real cheese or they can stay out of the kitchen. :mad:
Cheez Whiz has always been the traditional cheese for a philly cheese steak.
Nope, sorry, not on my sandwich.

Not a fan of the fake "cheese", not to cause a cheese war (of which sounds delicious honestly), but that stuff is just gross.

Blegh.
Never said there was anything wrong with that. I don't like cheez whiz either, it's just what they use in Philly. Which is one more reason for it to be destroyed.
Ah, my mistake.

I thought I finally ran into someone that was into that...that...thing, and was gonna defend it. I guess I've been eating the new and improved version of the sandwich.

The Philly 2.0, if you will. :D

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
Footlong chicken and bacon sandwhich, with nothing else (aside from bread, obviously). Love 'em.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
Lately I have been on a Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Fluff kick. But i do love a good random deli meat panini with a couple meats and two plus cheeses, you know whatever i can find in my fridge.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Turkey with a very small amount of mayo, lettuce, tomatos, onions, green peppers. Steak and cheese is good too.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Cold chicken sandwiches or alternatively warm chicken sandwiches, on a roll known in Scotland as "morning rolls"never heard of them before I moved to Scoootland. Or maybe that meatball sub from Subway.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
Bread
Deli turkey and summer sausage
Colby Jack cheese
Miracle whip
Bread

Or sloppy joes. I have very simple tastes.

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
Smoked salmon with herb cream cheese and rucola salad. These are heaven on a baguette!
I used to have these all the time when I was in high school.

rdaleric

Jan 22, 2009
Love me a New York Deli, but hard to get a good one in Manchester....

But my favourite is peanut butter and cucumber....... I know it sounds weird but trust me!

Xisin

Sep 1, 2009
Salami, pepperoni, bacon, cheddar cheese, with bbq sauce, all on a nice toasted bread. So good!

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
What's this favorite nonsense? Such a limiting idea...

Something about 9 inches to a foot, with about two to three different kinds of meat and cheeses stacked on a seasoned, toasted bread, which may or may not have cheese melted onto it while it baked. Top this with appropriate sauces, lettuce, tomato, red onions, cucumber, green peppers, parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper, and serve with a side of either salt and vinegar, sea salt and crushed black pepper, or garden vegetable chips for optimal awesome.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Tuna mayonnaise, sweetcorn, cucumber, a dash of honey mustard, tomatoes on seeded wholegrain bread and refrigerated for just half an hour.

Mmmmmmmmmm mmm gotta be my all-time favorite sandwich. Refreshing, cool, and my all time favorite summer food next to seafoods.

I make them usually during breakfast time, leave it in the fridge and then eat it for lunch.

Drink with a cold glass of alcoholic cider on hot day to maximize experience.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
lax4life said:
it's just what they use in Philly.
Ummm... Where exactly do you live?

I've lived in Philly for 30 years, and we do not put that shit on our sandwiches.

Pescetarian

Jul 6, 2010
Pastrami, melted provolone, pickles, onions, black olives, mayo and honey mustard on garlic bread.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Johnny Impact's Died-And-Gone-To-Heaven Steak Sandwich:

Fresh Angus beef, sliced so thin you could read a newspaper through it
Provolone, preferably just-sliced
Garlic, chopped (can be from a jar or fresh, as long as it's not powdered)
Horseradish sauce (my favorite is Bookbinder's)
Olive oil
French bread

Slice French bread. Insert unhealthy amounts of provolone. Stick in toaster oven until lightly browned.
Fry steak and garlic in real olive oil until steak and garlic are both browned.
Load French bread with horseradish sauce, steak and garlic. Consume.

You're welcome.

Plasticaprinae

Jul 9, 2013
An avocado BLT with light mayonnaise and very thin and small bits of bacon.

I also love me some sloppy joes.

Gauntlets28

Aug 2, 2013
I love a good egg mayonnaise, or a sausage sandwich if it's just plain sliced. If we're splashing out on a sub though, then I like a good meatball sub. :p

Zef Otter

Nov 28, 2007
Tuna fish on toasted bread.

Fried oysters or shrimp on a soft sub bread

Also soft tacos with shredded pork with pico de gio on it.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Subway's steak and cheese sandwich would be awesome if the bread didn't taste like paper.
Do bagles count as a type of sandwich? In that case I'll go with that.