Subs, sandwiches and hoagies oh my!! What is your favorite sandwich? :D

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Meatball sub! :O

with some provolone cheese, parmesan, olives and pepperoni... delicious...

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Soft shell crab sandwiches are amazing. A good Philly is always nice too but too often it just tastes like salt upon salt. There's a place in my city that makes their own sandwich meat and bread. They have amazing subs. You can ask for pretty much anything they have on it and it will taste fantastic. Pulled pork is also up there for me.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Mine kind of changes depending on which I had longest ago, chip butties, sausage butties and bacon butties are all awesome!

I feel I am missing out though, Americans have things we don't ... like WTF is a hoagie? WTF is a sloppy Joe? WTF is a burrito?

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
I have recently experienced the god of all sandwiches:

Grilled cheese, with scallions, tomato, and a fried egg, all on fresh bread. Let me repeat that: grilled cheese with scallions and a fried egg.

Yes.

Though meatball subs are pretty delicious too.

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
Hmmm... The one I consistently get is a footlong Tuna sub on toasted Italian Herb & Cheese bread from Quiznos with Chipotle Mayo, Lettuce, Red Onion, Mushroom, Cucumber, Pickle, Salt & Pepper... God I could eat that every day for lunch for the rest of my life.

My second choice is the same order from Subway with Southwest Chipotle and Sweet Onion sauce for my dressings.

I have a few more but I don't want to make this an intensely long post so those are gonna be the ones that are from well known sandwich chains

MagnumOsprey

May 31, 2013
There's a place new my house that makes a really tasty sandwich, chopped well-done steak on a vienna roll, covered with mozzarella and provolone cheese. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it's so good.

There's another place that makes a warm corned beef + smoked meat + pastrami sandwich on rye bread with a huge side of homestyle fries, it's delicious. This entire thread makes me hungry.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I'm not that picky honestly.
I enjoy a nice roast beef sandwich though, especially with au jus.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Fowl is fair! Anything with turkey or chicken on it is a great start,but it needs more. Swiss cheese,or Jarlsberg if I can get it,lettuce,mayo,and honey mustard.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
chicken parmigiana sub with honey oat bread toasted. pickles olives jalapenos with chipotle sauce

Larmo

May 20, 2008
BLT for me, not to much tomato tho its makes the bread soggy and no one likes that.

Kalashnikov2092

Feb 15, 2011
Primanti Bros. pastrami sandwich. Pastrami, tomatoes, cheese, their famous cole slaw, and a big handful of fresh cut french fries between two slices of good Italian bread. I love being from Pittsburgh.

A good gyro is a close second though.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Either a traditional cheese steak or a sub with provolone, roast beef, lettuce, pickle, bacon, and mustard.

Godhead

May 25, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Cheese whiz?

What the hell kind of person would use fake plastic tasting "cheese" on a perfectly delicious sandwich filled with steak?

Either real cheese or they can stay out of the kitchen. :mad:
Cheez Whiz has always been the traditional cheese for a philly cheese steak.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
lax4life said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Cheese whiz?

What the hell kind of person would use fake plastic tasting "cheese" on a perfectly delicious sandwich filled with steak?

Nope, sorry, not on my sandwich.

Not a fan of the fake "cheese", not to cause a cheese war (of which sounds delicious honestly), but that stuff is just gross.

Blegh.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Me between two, twenty something year old women, failing that your mum and sister. I like to make sandwiches with deli meats and salad, maybe with mustard or garlic. If I'm out a souvlaki or meatball sub with everything but carrots and pickles with extra jalapeños, pepper and chill sauce.

Godhead

May 25, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
lax4life said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Cheese whiz?

Nope, sorry, not on my sandwich.

Not a fan of the fake "cheese", not to cause a cheese war (of which sounds delicious honestly), but that stuff is just gross.

Blegh.
Never said there was anything wrong with that. I don't like cheez whiz either, it's just what they use in Philly. Which is one more reason for it to be destroyed.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
not sure if its a local thing or somewhat known throughout the US, but a stinger sub.

"The sandwich is a typical steak sandwich, until the chicken fingers (hot, medium, or mild) get piled on, along with lettuce, tomato, onion, and melted cheese. Of course, there's always the option to slather on some bleu cheese as well."

The ones around here tend to go pretty heavy on the cheese too. It is probably the closest thing to a heart attack you can find on in a sub/hoagie format (obviously there are some burgers that are worse)