Suda51 Interested in Natal

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Suda51 Interested in Natal

No More Heroes creator Suda51 has expressed his interest in Microsoft's Project Natal.

Auteur developer Goichi Suda, better known as Suda51 has talked in the past how he rejected the 360 in favour of the more interactive Wii, but after the unveiling of Project Natal at E3, he's starting to look at the console in a new light.

"I think it'll be a huge device. We developed No More Heroes with the Wii remote in mind, but now I want to think about games with Natal in mind. I have to ask myself, as a game designer, what new games can be done with this, what can be an interesting experience and challenge, and I'm looking forward to that," he said.

It sounds like we shouldn't expect to see No More Heroes 2 on the 360, but No More Heroes 3 might not be out of the question.

Source: 1up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175025] via Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5306017/no-more-heroes-designer-keen-on-project-natal]

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
While I'm totally all for the possibility of a Natal-based No More Heroes 3 on the Xbox 360, I'm praying even more for a brand new franchise. I was surprised when I heard the announcement for No More Heroes 2, since I never really thought Suda51 to be a sequel man; however, I doubt that means he's run out of crazy ways to mess with our heads.

The fact that a developer like Suda51 sees potential for hardcore gameplay using Natal has given me a new insight on the project. Maybe it's not a gimmick after all.

If he DOES make a game that uses Natal, I'm anxious to see how he'll implement it. Knowing Suda51, chances are it's going to be revolutionary.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Grr...the game developers of the world are building a case for me actually buying one of these motion cameras. Do I dare to sell my soul?

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
While I'm totally all for the possibility of a Natal-based No More Heroes 3 on the Xbox 360, I'm praying even more for a brand new franchise. I was surprised when I heard the announcement for No More Heroes 2, since I never really thought Suda51 to be a sequel man; however, I doubt that means he's run out of crazy ways to mess with our heads.
No More Heroes is such a work of parody that even if he isn't a sequel guy, he has to make sequels for it just to poke fun at his own ethics. I still crack-up at the "No More Heroes Forever" joke.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
Doesn't he already have two games to be working on right now? Shouldn't he kind of work on them?
I am sure he intends to work on a game for this, no where did it say he was dropping what he was doing for a natal based game.

I still have no intentions on getting natal, but a few good games could sway me and suda 51 has always entertained me.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
If Natal will be compatible with my current 360 and Suda51 makes something for it, I will purchase it.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Neato. With all these people talking about Natal in a positive light, I can't help but feel a small amount of enthusiasm for the thing. I don't really expect it to work, but if it does, and there's enough support at the launch, it could succeed.