Suda51 Pumped to Make 3DS Games

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Suda51 Pumped to Make 3DS Games

The man behind Killer 7 [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=11905] is interested in developing for Nintendo's 3D-capable handheld.

Suda51 has always marched to the beat of a different drummer, which is a euphemistic way of saying that the dude is weird as hell. That's not a bad thing, though: His games are great, they're just ... unusual. Very, very unusual.

Speaking with Official Nintendo Magazine UK [http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=17292], Suda51 said that he'd love to make a game for Nintendo's upcoming glasses-free 3D handheld. "I do have many ideas," said the designer. I would love to try to develop a game for 3DS if I have a chance."

And what, exactly, would he like to make? "I hope for the realization of a training remote like Luke Skywalker used for force training in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Episode-IV-Widescreen/dp/B000FQJAIW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1276709714&sr=1-1]."

Okay, I'm going to have stop for a moment. How exactly would that work? Would the stylus be the lightsaber, and you'd have to ... block the bolts? Would you use the rumored accelerometer and camera to tilt and move the 3DS so that it faces the "remote"?

On second thought, that actually sounds kinda cool.

Suda51 is currently working on a teamup with Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami, but we hope get starts work on his 3DS project as soon as he's done.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Although weird they are indeed refreshing!

Look forward to what they plan to bring out in the future!

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
the guys who did madworld really should have studied no more heroes as the correct way to do a beatemup for the wii

Contact (a grasshopper game) is one of the more underrated DS games. It is a semi serious, self aware, and reverent homage to past RPG games of the 8 and 16 bit generations.

With this guy driving I know 3DS will have some good 3rd party titles but of course there will never be enough to satisfy the haters.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
I can just imagine playing a No More Heroes game on the 3DS. Slash a guy with the stylus, 3D blood sprays EVERYWHERE.

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
John Funk said:
And what, exactly, would he like to make? "I hope for the realization of a training remote like Luke Skywalker used for force training in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope."
So he's going to remake Star Wars: Jedi Arena, but make it not suck? Now that is a challenge.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Awesome sauce. Suda always has something new and weird to bring to the table, so I can't wait to see what he does with the 3DS.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Thanks for reminding me of Suda 51, which reminded me that NMHeroes 2 is already $20. ALREADY!

It sold that poorly!

Sorry. At get angry at Wii sales charts.

Look at the sales for "Just Dance". LOOK AT THEM!

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
boholikeu said:
Man, reading his quote makes me want to see what a Suda51 Star Wars game would be like.
probably something involving shaking the lightsaber in a certain way to charge it up
Onyx Oblivion said:
Thanks for reminding me of Suda 51, which reminded me that NMHeroes 2 is already $20. ALREADY!

It sold that poorly!

Sorry. At get angry at Wii sales charts.

Look at the sales for "Just Dance". LOOK AT THEM!
WHAT!? *looks at just dance and no more heroes 2 sales* fucking hell now there may be no 3rd title after all