Suda51's Liberation Maiden Takes To The iOS Store

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Suda51's Liberation Maiden Takes To The iOS Store

The Professor Layton folks have taken Suda51's shooter mobile.

Suda51 fans have something new for their iPads and iPhones, as his Liberation Maiden [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120335-Suda-51s-Sci-Fi-Shooter-Flies-to-North-America], part of the Guild01 compilation, has come to iTunes. This is courtesy of Level 5, the people better known for Professor Layton, and they couldn't be happier about taking Liberation Maiden mobile.

"Liberation Maiden for iOS redefines what a mobile game can do with the quality design, story and gameplay normally only available to console gamers," says Level 5 CEO Akihiro Hino. Certainly the visuals look pretty fun, and the price isn't crazy. It sells at US$5.99, or €5.49, and it's available in North America and Europe now.

"What New Japan needs now is a president with an intense desire for justice to be served with the ability to rally the younger generation, " says Suda51 of his title. "In other words, a pure maiden." You play as that pure maiden, President Shoko Ozora, daughter of a murdered president, fighting to save her nation from tyrannical energy thieves. Previously this was part of a 3DS compilation, and it later came out as a solo 3DS title. Judging by the video, Level 5's done its best to fulfill its goal, of taking AAA production values to the iOS store.

Ayjona

Jul 14, 2008
Karloff said:
"Liberation Maiden for iOS redefines what a mobile game can do with the quality design, story and gameplay normally only available to console gamers," says Level 5 CEO Akihiro Hino.
Karloff said:
AAA production values
Which is, of course, something both iOS and Android mobile stores have offered for years, but trust every third dev to claim the rights of discovery ;)

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
"Japan needs a symbol. A powerful symbol of justice, youth, innovation, and power."
"I got it. LITTLE GIRLS."

God-damn it Japan.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wait, the President of Japan got her own mech? AWESOME! Make me wonder what Obama would get if he alone had to defend the US?

Anyway it look like a niffy little game, shame that I don't have an Ipad nor do I think my smartphone can run it.

OutsiderEX

Jul 18, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
Wait, the President of Japan got her own mech? AWESOME! Make me wonder what Obama would get if he alone had to defend the US?

Anyway it look like a niffy little game, shame that I don't have an Ipad nor do I think my smartphone can run it.
That game's already been made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Wolf_Chaos

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
So, looks like I have to give Verizon a call and switch from my Android device : ) That man has a spell over me and it's making me broke. Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, Sine Mora and all released close together, Killer is Dead coming real soon...my wallet can't take it you crazy, crazy man!

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
TsunamiWombat said:
"Japan needs a symbol. A powerful symbol of justice, youth, innovation, and power."
"I got it. LITTLE GIRLS."

God-damn it Japan.
She's actually pretty tall.