Suggest me a SNES game

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
laidtorest195 said:
I assume by VI you mean III?
No. By 6 he means 6. You know, the one with Terra, Locke, Kefka, etc.

Also, OP, you should get Zombies Ate my Neighbours.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Earthbound
Super Metroid
A Link to the Past
Super Mario All Stars
Shin Megami Tensei I and 2( Must be English patched)
tactics ogre (must be english patched)
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
All the Final Fantasies
The Fire Emblem Games ( Must be english patched)
Clock Tower
Rtype
Zombies Ate my Neighbors
gradius
Doom
F Zero
Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2
Tales of Phantasia
Adventures in Hourai High

that should keep you busy.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Worgen said:
EVO, it will be hard to find but its fricken awesome
o.o holy crap some one else likes that game be sides me

yes, get EVO, or anything by Enix on the SNES, almost all they're offerings are gold

Super Metriod is a must, by virtue of its still stands up to todays games in terms of tight controls, and over all quality of the game.

Lufia 1 and 2 for the less obvious RPG choices

any Square RPG will serve you well also, including Mystic Quest, yeah its easy, its fun, and the soundtrack owns, :p

Mega Man X 1-3 :D cause, well, Mega Man X 1-3

Metal Warriors, giant robot ass beatings, is a bit on the hard side starting at level 3 though so be warned

Actraiser, why? your God, that's why, not the 'sit on your cloud an throw piss ants at the evil thing' kind, no, your the 'oh no, not in MY HOUSE' kinda god in regards to evil things

Demons Crest, if you can find it, get it, can be a bit unforgiving, but since your wanting an old school game i assume you at least know what your getting into

then there's
Dragon's View
Contra 3
Y's 3
Mario All Stars
Areo Fighters
Gardius 3
Phalanx
Breath of Fire 1-2
UN Squadron
Knight of the Round
TMNT 4: Turtles in Time
Batman Returns
Killer Instinct
Might Morphin Power Rangers, 1 and the fighter (shut up -.- they're fun)
Robotreck
Ogre Battle - March of the Black Queen (if your feeling you need a semi turn based strat game)
Castlevania 4

yeah, that should do you nicely :D for a couple days anyway XD

KarlMonster

Mar 10, 2009
Years ago I bought the bare bones system for the only game I ever wanted to play on SNES

Techmo Bowl

and later on I got Street Fighter II and Rock 'n' Roll Racing

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
There are a lot of must-plays already here... and most of the big ones have been said, but I'd add

-7th Saga (an RPG ahead of its time)
-Actraiser (and if you're really fond of the fighting sequences in 1... try 2, which has no sim mode)
-Arcana (dungeon crawler du'jour)
-Blackthorne (see flashback, only this has more shooting and fantasy)
-Choplifter III (great helicopter physics for a 16-bit console game)
-Flashback (the "realistic" shooter/platformer/RPG of the 16-bit era)
-Lost Vikings (&2) (fun little puzzle games)
-Prince of Persia(&2) (see Flashback... only with a sword, in a dungeon. Very difficult)
-Secret of Evermore (especially if you like Secret of Mana... and pulp sci-fi)
-Soul Blazer (sort of the precursor to illusion of gaia, at least in terms of game mechanics)
-Worms (awesome for the PC, awesome for the SNES... awesome everywhere, really)

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
If you're into turn-based RPGs, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy 3, and Chrono Trigger. Three of the best role-playing games made for the 16-bit era, and all of them happen to be on the Super Nintendo.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
How come nobody's said Tactics Ogre yet? Or is it Battle Tactics, which became Tactics Ogre for the PS1?

Feb 13, 2008
Zombies Ate My Neighbours
Rock and Roll Racing
Street Fighter 2
Earthworm Jim
Super Mario All Stars
Super Castlevania IV
Super Mario Kart
FF 3
Earthbound

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Everyone's already said all the good ones, so I'll just reiterate some:

-Earthbound: The Happy Video Game Nerd did a 25-minute video on the game, and says everything he really needs to in the first two minutes. The history lesson isn't bad, though...

-Super Mario RPG: If you've played any of the Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi games, you might as well play this too. And clearly you don't mind graphics, or you wouldn't have a Super Nintendo emulator.

-Zombies Ate My Neighbors/Zombies (Europe): Difficult as all hell, but an awesome thing to post on your gaming resume if you actually manage to conquer it.

-Super Metroid: One of the most atmospheric 2D games out there, along with the Ecco series for the Genesis/Megadrive and Dreamcast. Also, a solid platform game.

-Final Fantasy 6: The SNES version of 4 was dumbed down quite a bit from the Japanese release, but this one was kept mostly the same (to my knowledge.) I haven't played this one as much, though.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Worgen said:
EVO, it will be hard to find but its fricken awesome
Second vote for EVO, Chrono Trigger is at the top of my recommendations but EVO is an interesting game. Think of it along the lines of a 2d side-scrolling Spore but it's only creature phase and there is no breading. My only compliant is it forces you to become a weak ass human near the end just before a strong boss... still fun.

I have around 200 games for my SNES, and for the most part they are all enjoyable. Since your playing emulated I would recommend Go Go Ackman, it's japanes but you can figure out what's going on. Star Ocean, Breath of Fire, Secret of Mana and Contra are also fun... really I would just get every game then delete the ones you don't like.

BlueMage

Jan 22, 2008
I note with disappointment none have mentioned it by name. So I shall. I'll even Japanese it first.

Seiken Densetsu 3.

Or, if you prefer, Legend of the Holy (Mana) Sword 3.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
oh, I almost forgot, also get breath of fire 2, it starts off as a somewhat meandering rpg that takes awhile to find the plot but its also got some of the most powerful moments Ive ever seen in an rpg, the localization isnt the best but its still a damn good game with likable chars