Suggest me an RTS.

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
DrEmo said:
Where'd you get the RUSE beta?

PS:
Try Halo Wars. It's very simple. Command and Conquer 3 is a great RTS, but the Scrin make the game a bit hard to play, since they're a bit overpowered.
R.U.S.E. beta is up on Steam right now for 26 more days I believe.

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
the orginal dawn of war games apart from soulstorm.

Their simple and fun to play and have a literal fucktonne of mods.

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
Rathy said:
DrEmo said:
Where'd you get the RUSE beta?

PS:
Try Halo Wars. It's very simple. Command and Conquer 3 is a great RTS, but the Scrin make the game a bit hard to play, since they're a bit overpowered.
R.U.S.E. beta is up on Steam right now for 26 more days I believe.
OK. Thanks.
Will it work on a relatively low end PC?

OT:
Command and conquer 3. Get the 'Kane's Wrath' expansion, too; it has super units.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
Warcraft 3
Supreme Commander
Total Annihilation

Out of these three, Warcraft has the best campaign and most unique factions, Total Annihilation is the most balanced, and Supreme Commander has the best graphics.

Total Annihilation is the oldest by far (13 years old) but is, in my opinion, the best. And, since it's out of production and impossible to find at stores, you can torrent it without feeling guilty.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
SupCom is pretty good. I suck at RTSes, and the way skirmish is set up it's pretty easy to find something that challenges you- choose between (in the expansion) easy, normal, rush, tech, adaptive and turtle as well as an "AIx" version of each, which cheats if you're fighting off seven teamed adaptive AIs with ease. Or you can just set up a big map, with you and some easy AI ally meat shields, then add an enemy team made up of rush AIs. Even if you lose, it makes an awesome last stand against the on rushing horde.

DoW II would make a good intro to the genre, as it's more small scale than most, with no more than four units avaliable on any one mission (well, except one.)

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
LoL.
League of Legends as it is actually named.

<youtube=MV2rRcskn4Y

There's a free version with only one map (It's still a very good game) and a pay version with all the maps.

USA: http://www.leagueoflegends.com
Europe: http://www.lol-europe.com/

one of them

Jan 16, 2010
Depends if you want a fast-paced RTS (like DoW), or a slow-paced RTS (like the Total War series).

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
Command and Conquer games;
Warcraft 3;
Starcraft;
Age of Empires (preference 2 & expansions);
Age of Mythology (my personal favourite);
Rise of Nations (& expansions);
The Total War series (Rome, Medieval 2 being the best);
Dawn of War (1: Dark Crusade);

That's my solid list of RTS' i've played. I've heard good things about others like Supreme Commander and Sins of a Solar Empire.

thepj

Aug 15, 2009
Volstag9 said:
Cpu46 said:
Age of Empires is my RTS of choice, preferably Age of Empires 2.
AoE 2 isnt as pretty as AoE 3 but i find it is better in gameplay.
ah defiantly this or if you want something different the Total War series is Great!
i'm going to agree with both these guys

Rararaz

Feb 20, 2010
I would recommend Age of Empires 2 as a great start point. Starcraft is great but harder work.

biggles1

Sep 1, 2009
Civilization 4 for turn based,
DEFCON if you want it simple yet addictive

for the ultimate experience however, I give you:
World in Conflict:

epic graphics and explosions
Tactical Nukes to destroy your enemies with
Utilise a massive aresenal of tactical aid
Great single player campaign
Tons of multiplayer maps and you V ai games for offline
Easily moddable
Relatively cheap
did I mention nukes?

SavageReindeer

Mar 10, 2010
If you want something a little faster, try Halo Wars. I too love strategy games but am no good at them. It focuses on reacting to certain kinds of units with rather specific counter units and moving them strategically around the map. It's a blast to play online with friends. Of course, it is only on the Xbox 360. However, the controls are no problem whatsoever. Also you can purchase it via Games-on-Demand for about $30.