Suggest me some Playstation 3 titles.

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
Recently since the prices are beginning to lower on the playstation 3, I've decided that I would pick one up later in it's lifespan. I've owned an Xbox360 and a wii for a while, but traditionally I was a Playstation gamer; I had actually grown up quite a lot on the 'ole two and I still turn mine on every once in a while. I would like a Playstation 3 because of some of the exclusive titles on it. My plan was to pick up a PS3 cheap, then purchase a bunch of PS3 exclusive games on it and indulge.

If you would like to know a bit about my taste in games, I'm actually a very big fan of platformers. Games like the new Sly Cooper game, Little big planet and Ratchet and Clank are already on my radar. I however do enjoy shooters, but am somewhat of a casual when it comes to RPGs. What does the Escapist suggest? I'm mainly looking for PS3 exclusive games, but if there is a game you really think I'd enjoy coming out for the playstation 3 then feel free to post it.

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
Renegade Shepard said:
Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3.

Nothing else.
Then why am I buying a playstation 3? This is very problematic.

Actually, I have wanted to try out the mass effect series. I want pick it up sometime, but do you have any other suggestions?

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Well, hmmm. For some exclusives, I really recommend Flower. It's more an experience than a "game", but it's such an amazing one, it's wonderful. Don't be afraid to look through the PS1 classics section, either!

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
The best platformer I've played this gen has been Mirror's Edge. There's lots of good 2D platformers on PSN, Outland is just awesome, it's not a PS3 exclusive though. The PS3 just has loads of exclusives (much more than 360) like Uncharted, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, MLB The Show, MAG, MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, inFamous, God of War, Heavenly Sword (better than God of War 3), Heavy Rain, Gran Turismo, Journey, the PixelJunk games are great, and many more.

Here's a list of PS3 exclusives:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:playStation_3-only_games

Sennune

Apr 15, 2009
For shooters: Resistance and Killzone. Check 'em out, they're pretty cool.

Valkyria Chronicles is a cool shooter/strategy in a JRPG style.

You can't go wrong with Uncharted.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
For exclusives, I'd definitely recommend Uncharted 2 and inFamous. If you like old-school games with no handholding and unrelenting difficulty, then you should definitely pick up Demon's Souls as well.

LadyTiamat

Aug 13, 2011
GeneralFungi said:
Renegade Shepard said:
Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3.

Nothing else.

Actually, I have wanted to try out the mass effect series. I want pick it up sometime, but do you have any other suggestions?
I think they are releasing a complete set of the trilogy on PS3 soon , I saw it on amazon so keep an eye out for it.

But for a decent action game try vanquish; best third person shooter since RE4. First person shooter try deus ex human revolutions or legendary if you want to shoot some werewolves instead of zombies/robots/terrorist . However if your looking for an rpg western: Fallout 3 / new vegas (if you want a challenge) is good choice. Yet folklore is an underrated action- jrpg that looks great (not best graphics but excellent ascetic) with a unique mixture of storytelling makes for a refreshing experience.

Kyle Donovan

Dec 10, 2011
Infamous 1/2, The Sly Collection, The Jak & Daxter Collection, The Ratchet and Clank Collection, Uncharted 1,2,3, Heavy Rain, Dark Souls (best version is on PS3), The upcoming Sly 4, Little Big Planet 1/2, Little Big Planet Karting, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, Resistance Collection, Killzone Collection, God Of War Saga, God Of War III, Fallout 3 GOTY, the upcoming Beyond Two Souls, the upcoming The Last Of Us, Heavenly Sword, Demon Souls, Disgaea 3/4, Gran Turismo 5, Ico & Shadow Of The Colossus Collection, Metal Gear Solid 4, MLB 13 The Show, Modnation Racers, Journey, Papa and Yo, Ratchet and Clank Future 1,2,3, Starhawk, Twisted Metal, Tokyo Jungle, Yakuza 3,4, Dead Souls, Retro City Rampage.

XX Y XY

Apr 2, 2011
3D Dot Game Heroes
Valkyria Chronicles
Folklore
Disgaea 3 & 4
Demons Souls & Dark Souls
Dragon's Dogma
Heavy Rain
Tales of Graces F
Star Ocean 4 - International Edition. (Not the best SO game by a long shot but if you're a fan of the series...)

If you have a PS Move:
Sports Champions - Strictly for the frisbee golf. I <3 Frisbee golf and this is makes a great party game! :D

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
GeneralFungi said:
Recently since the prices are beginning to lower on the playstation 3, I've decided that I would pick one up later in it's lifespan. I've owned an Xbox360 and a wii for a while, but traditionally I was a Playstation gamer; I had actually grown up quite a lot on the 'ole two and I still turn mine on every once in a while. I would like a Playstation 3 because of some of the exclusive titles on it. My plan was to pick up a PS3 cheap, then purchase a bunch of PS3 exclusive games on it and indulge.

If you would like to know a bit about my taste in games, I'm actually a very big fan of platformers. Games like the new Sly Cooper game, Little big planet and Ratchet and Clank are already on my radar. I however do enjoy shooters, but am somewhat of a casual when it comes to RPGs. What does the Escapist suggest? I'm mainly looking for PS3 exclusive games, but if there is a game you really think I'd enjoy coming out for the playstation 3 then feel free to post it.
Killzone franchise, Resistance franchise, Sly collectiona nd the new Sly should be good, Valkyria Chronicles is damn good, Metal Gear Solid 4 is required playing if you own a PS3. The God of War series is pretty good too.

Loads of downloadable stuff like Journey though I'm not 100% sure if that exclusive.

[sub]Oh and another suggestion is that there's a search feature on the forum and this thread was covered a good 10-15 times over the course of 2012.[/sub]

flarty

Apr 26, 2012
Ps3 has a lot of good exclusives, perhaps the best.

Little big planet is tons of fun
Uncharted series are really exciting and brilliantly executed, though by the third you may feel like your retreading old ground towards the end.
Metal Gear Solid 4, hell the cut scenes are lengthy, but the game play is so cinematic at time that i almost forgot to play.
God of War whilst steroid induced and incredibly violent i still had a lot of fun. You really feel like your part of an epic conquest.
Heavy Rain, a lot of people seem to like, i didn't like the ending so ii think that ruined my perception of the overall game but there was are some incredibly good parts to it.

There is more im sure but i havent switched my ps3 on for ages other than to watch netflix, mainly because im pc centric and use my ps3 for exclusives. Keep an eye out for The Last of Us. I will be hitting that when its released. Anyone any idea when it is released?

Aeonxan

Dec 24, 2012
I just got a PS3 for Christmas, and it came with Infamous 1&2, and Uncharted 1&2. With my Christmas Money I picked up the Uncharted 3 collector's Edition for $50, God of War Saga, Journey Collector's Edition, Littlebigplanet 2 Special Edition, Heavy Rain, 3D Dot Game Heroes. Those are all must haves.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
I liked the Killzone series a lot, Uncharted series (I have not played 3 yet, my PC was repaired and I am mainly a PC gamer), I loved Brutal Legend, Ico/Shadow of The Colossus, Heavy Rain, and Unfinished Swan. I didn't really like Journey, but others might.

Jun 11, 2009
Renegade Shepard said:
GeneralFungi said:
Renegade Shepard said:
Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3.

Nothing else.

I hear good things about Grim Terminus Alliance, and speaking with games with Alliance in them, Alliance Corsair's a bit old, but is still apparently pretty good.
You're a hero among men, you know that?

OT:

Infamous and Infamous 2
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 3 (You don't want to play Resistance 2. Honestly, just read the plot synopsis on Wikipedia in between playing Fall of Man and 3)
Metal Gear Solid 1-4
Okami HD
No, seriously, Okami HD
Shadow of the Colossus
LittleBigPlanet 2 (it has all of the community content of the original plus all the new stuff)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (if you want; it doesn't have the Hollywood blockbuster feel of the latter two games)
Uncharted 2 (best of the series)
Uncharted 3 (if you liked the gameplay of UC2 enough that you can forgive atrocious writing and massive non sequiturs)

The PS3 has a lot of good exclusives. You're in for a treat if you play all of them.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
The Ratchet and Clank Future games are all good. If you like platform shooters. And a Crack in time has some cool puzzles. Other than that I would suggest getting play station plus because it's worth it. You get free stuff every month and cheaper prices on DLC and the like.