Suicides Spur Nintendo, Sony, and Others to Investigate Foxconn

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
And what China mean by "fix", is cover up to look good for the investigators.
Pretty much this, there's no way they'll do anything to improve conditions over there.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
They just need a Fight Club. Joking aside the company really needs to clean itself up.
Yeah, then they can start a terrorist group and bomb all big gaming companies.

OT: This is quite serious. I hope they figure out what's wrong.
I actually meant the part of Fight Club where they blew off steam by fighting each other. Cuz it really works...not that I would know.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
vansau said:
and even requiring workers to sign letters saying they won't kill themselves.
When your new employer asks you to sign a statement promising you won't commit suicide, red flags should instantly go up that maybe working there isn't the best idea. Seriously, how does that go exactly.

Employer: I'd like to welcome you to the company. new employee.
New guy: Thanks, I am glad to be here.
Employer: I just need you to read a couple of forms and sign on the dotted line.
New guy: Ok. Umm.... What is this about suicide?
Employer: Oh that is just a formality! We just want to make sure our employees don't go about offing themselves.
New guy: Is that such a big problem that you have people sign agreements before working here?
Employer: (Angrily) Are you going to ask questions all day? Just sign the damn paper maggot and get to work or so help me I'll ..(calms down).. I am sorry about that but it has been a long day so if you could just sign the papers.
New guy: I am not so sure I want to work here... (Employer grabs his neck and pulls a huge knife from his desk.)
Employer: (Calm yet serious manner) Sign the goddamn paper or else I will cut your head off and hang it above my toilet, you fucking piece of shit.
New guy: Oh God! Please just let me go! I won't tell anybody about anything!
Employer: You disappoint me, new guy. I am afraid I will have to terminate your employment here. (Slices his neck from ear to ear and presses button on the intercom) Send in the cleaners and send in the next employee afterwards. (Looks at knife) God, I love this job!

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
They just need a Fight Club. Joking aside the company really needs to clean itself up.

I actually meant the part of Fight Club where they blew off steam by fighting each other. Cuz it really works...not that I would know.
Yeah, and I followed it up. I was just heckling with the fact that the movie made something as simple as two guys beating the crap out of each other, to a terrorist bombing.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:

Yeah, and I followed it up. I was just heckling with the fact that the movie made something as simple as two guys beating the crap out of each other, to a terrorist bombing.
Ah yes, well the smallest of events can become something bigger than expected.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:

Indeed it can, even if the proportions can be extremely silly.

darkknight9

Feb 21, 2010
The only way you fix it is to rally the employees to beat the snot out of the management. In their situation though I wouldn't do it without the Chinese Governments permission though. They shoot people who get out of line without permission...

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:

You'd be surprised, a lot of major events can just start from a simple conversation. Even if its not to be expected. So nothing is silly IMO.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Man all those suicides....Do you think there accepting applications I really need a job.

But really sounds like bad news. I woonder what is indeed going on.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:

You'd be surprised, a lot of major events can just start from a simple conversation. Even if its not to be expected. So nothing is silly IMO.
And thus, the effect of the butterfly.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:

Ah yeah...
For instance one time I took the wrong train and the following events happened:
I was in Downtown
Then I was in a girls house
Then I was in a hotel room with people I never met.
Then there was some cops...
And I ended up back home safe and sound.

It all started by taking the wrong bus...

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Terrible, but I'm glad that Escapist is posting this as it is more worth bringing to our attention than greenpeace complaining about Nintendo for not telling them what chemicals they use.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
vansau said:
According to the company's corporate parent, Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd., Foxconn has tried just about everything to reduce worker stress, including an "anger room" (where employees beat up dummies to release anger), counseling services, playing calming buddhist music at the assembly lines, and even requiring workers to sign letters saying they won't kill themselves.
Government Agent A: If you work for these guys you must not kill yourself!
Worker: (standing on office roof) Nooooo!
Government Agent A: (to superior) He said no, what do we do?
Government Agent B: Well, I guess he means no. Can't argue with that.

(cue agents walking away whistling a happy tune while worker tops himself)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, but seriously, this is out of hand. The company needs to be investigated properly, and if they can't deal with the problem then they should be shut down. It's as simple as that.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:

Ah yeah...
I was in Downtown

My don't have such big contrasts, but a lot of things would be different. The biggest change I can think of is when I got to know my now best friend. She made me grow as a person, she changed some of the most important things in my life (like my music) and she turned me away from my depression. And it all started with being randomly invited to an MSN chat by an acquaintance.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Marik2 said:

Ah yeah...
I was in Downtown

My don't have such big contrasts, but a lot of things would be different. The biggest change I can think of is when I got to know my now best friend. She made me grow as a person, she changed some of the most important things in my life (like my music) and she turned me away from my depression. And it all started with being randomly invited to an MSN chat by an acquaintance.
Yup met most of my firends just by bumping in to them by accident and what thing let to another and I still hang out with them.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
LightspeedJack said:
Holy shit...I kind of feel guilty for buying so many of their products.
Nah, I only bought a single mobo with the Foxconn label like 3 or 4 years ago and I don't use... well... I also bought a 360... and a Wii... and an iPod Touch... and 3 NDS (really, that thing breaks way too easy)...