Sunday Funnies: Intervention

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
"Catching your cloak in a car door is a symptom of gaming addiction."

hahaha. This was pretty funny, it's a shame I don't get a couple of the jokes because I've never played WoW, but this was still good :)

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
Humorous...yeah...

well, not really. I cracked a smile at the other guy calling for a port in the room, but... nah, this video was actually meh.

Better luck next time.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
I can't help but think that the people who didn't find it funny are definitely WoW players. Anyways, I'm not gonna flame you for no reason, you can like what you want.

"Catching your cloak in a car door is a symptom of gaming addiction" was what made this funny for me.

thejoshualee

Mar 12, 2009
making fun of fanboys is like shooting fish in a barrel of dynamite with a cannon, and the fish are small and weak and most of them are half dead anyway.

I liked it though, more as a parody of that intervention show than of gaming, but it is still funny.

KamikazeSailor

Jun 10, 2008
I wasn't all that impressed. It was ok. I smiled at the "Catching your cloak in a car door..." part and the random guy in the motel room, but other than that it wasn't laugh out loud hysterical.

PLus, it's not new. I've seen similar things before.

I was sort of hoping to see a video showing the ridiculousness of the claim that video games are unhealthy or lead to violent behavior. Instead, I got gamers making fun of gamers on a gaming site. What's up with that?

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
Sort of funny, in a crack-a-smile sort of way.

Keep Trying, Better look next time, Generic Compliment #1

Scypemonk

Proud TBB Warrior
Sep 26, 2007
Nice idea, but poor acting. I can forgive it, since its the first one (at least from what i have seen), but even if it's a parody, acting should be better than your average "flesh movie".

If you can improve that, i'm definitly looking forward to some entertainment on my sundays.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Nivag said:
I can't help but think that the people who didn't find it funny are definitely WoW players. Anyways, I'm not gonna flame you for no reason, you can like what you want.

"Catching your cloak in a car door is a symptom of gaming addiction" was what made this funny for me.
Well, I found it sort of funny, but not really hugely as I've not played WoW and didn't really get the jokes so much. I'm vaguely aware of the Alliance and Horde, but thats about it.

PayNSprayBandit

Dec 27, 2008
Writing was decent.
Acting needs to be tightened up a bit, but not too bad.
Quality execution.

I'll be back next week.

Oh, and I loved the Tank Class joke.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
meh, writing was decent, acting sucked, also needs to work on timing. ill keep watching cuz there is some promise here, but you got to make it tighter.

try to get more into it, it felt like you didnt care much.

ChrisP.Lettuce

Jan 3, 2008
It depends. If you look at it like you look at Sunday Comics... Simple, careless, and usually unimaginative. However, just enough to be entertaining while you watch.

I think it fit the mold.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Wasn't that great. I got most of the jokes, they just weren't funny. Maybe if I played MMO's or something, I don't know. Nothing felt original, it was just retreading the WoW addiction that has been done to death.

The song over the credits gained a smile though.