Sunday Funnies: Intervention

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
Since I saw the Pure Pwnage episodes of the WoW trauma, nothing can compare. "MAH BAAAWLS!"

carsenere

Jul 16, 2008
i think quite a few of the jokes are probably more funny from a LARP point of view than a WOW point of view (i dont play wow)

the car door one was funny (unfortunately i have done that but my cloak was better than his (and so is my car lol) and i have LARP addiction)

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
It was alright (nozorz, me no fanboy. I don't play WoW), it lacked something though. I don't really like any of the "live" videos on the site. I stick to the reviews, Yahtzee and Unskippable. The acting in all the others are terrible.

And on another note, who hangs out with their sister?

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Woops, late to the party, but I'll comment anyway, so sue me.

This is bad. Yeah. Not that bad, really, it has potential to become good if it's the Escapist latest series (not really sure), but still, as it stands, it's bad.

The acting is... underwhelming. It's like the actors didn't care. Or had the flu. They delivered their lines with no energy.

The writing is well done, just unfunny. This subject has been done to death and back, you need to do something awesome to stand out, and you didn't.

Likewise for people being unable to tell the difference between the real world and the game world and continuously trying to do game stuff in real life. No one acts like that, not even the completely, irremediably addicts. You can sometimes pull this off if it works in an uncanny way (and I'm really trying to avoid Pure Pwnage on this post, but making the antics actually work is definitively such an uncanny way) but just showing someone asking for mana and hoping people will think "Oh my, what a most queer event! Certainly that rapscallion is all diddly in his brain membranes!" and laugh simply doesn't work.

There's a difference between addicts and fanboys, don't use the two terms interchangeably.

Your style went from "A Modest Proposal" subtle satire to all-out jokefest without missing a beat. This doesn't really help your consistency.

A small (not really) bit of constructive advice from a person with no training in cinema or funniness, but I still hope I can help. The 'catching your cloak on the door' part was indeed really funny, and the only part in the video in which I showed physical signs of amusement, so you're not a lost cause. Heck, the first de-rez video is light years below this. I'll keep an eye on you, right?

TJ rock 101

May 20, 2008
lol, "he was last seen trying to solo heroic naxxramas"
i liked that video more than a few of the other things on the escapist, i hope it becomes a regular thing.

Dartinin

Apr 14, 2009
funny >.> oh and just because i admit im addicted to this darn laptop dose not stop me from using it >.> so it might be the first step but admissions is not the last >.>

Yoda isOnline

Jun 19, 2009
not that great, but still better than the pilot episode of apocalypse lane. I also find it slightly ironic that to find half of this funny you sort of have to be a wow fanboy, which means that half the people watching will find it uncomfortable to watch due to it's subject matter and the fact that they have to face the truth sometime.(I says this as an ex-WOW player)

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Points for trying, but the acting, writing and shots were pretty weak. You were reading from a script and not actually acting at all. Work on all that and actually get enthused about it, and it'll improve. It's up to you as to whether this becomes god like Doomsday Arcade or below average like de-rez.

Edit: Archived after one episode? Blimey.