Super Mario 3D World Excluded Online Co-Op to Imitate NES Games

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
VG_Addict said:
Is it safe to say Smash and MK8 will have online? I really hope so.
But the problem is, will they be playable? Mario Kart Wii was decent, and probably the only one that actually worked semi-well on the Wii out of all the games that could be played online for the Wii. Brawl on the other hand, that online connection and system was absolutely terrible and filled with lag and disconnections. If the Smash Bros for the Wii U is like that then Nintendo will get hammered because online infrastructure for consoles has been available for ages now, and when people say that "Nintendo is inexperienced", well you can get better if you actually try to see how multiplayer can be done. SEGA seems to know how just fine in their racing games, ask them for help I say.

st0pnsw0p

Nov 23, 2009
Isn't that exactly the same thing they said about NSMBU not having online? I wonder how long they're going to keep using this as an excuse instead of just admitting that they wanted to get the game out in time for the holidays/didn't want to spend more money on the game/don't know how to make online modes for non-Mario Kart games.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
uhhhhh

yeah hey online mario sounds great

have you ever tried to play an online cooperative platformer where the players all have collision detection with each other's characters and the barest hint of lag occurs

doesn't really work that well then doesn't it

guess it might in your magical dreamland where that kind of thing doesn't cause everybody to die within seconds

even before they get the chance to do that on purpose

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
weirdguy said:
have you ever tried to play an online cooperative platformer where the players all have collision detection with each other's characters and the barest hint of lag occurs
Nevermind, turns out I was wrong about Legends and Origins having online multiplayer like I thought it did.

samwise970

May 2, 2010
This attitude is exactly why the Wii U is failing in the West. Its too bad, I tried this game out at my friends house and it's a ton of fun, but I'd never buy a Nintendo console because this is the third generation since online really became a thing and they have yet to figure it out.

If I could play Halo 3 with a friend on the couch and our friend across the country at the same time (SIX freaking years ago), there is no reason we shouldn't be able to do the same thing with Mario in 2014 :/

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
Pfft, you can have local and online co-op in the same game. Even some games have local and online co-op, which you can do both simultaneously!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Grenge Di Origin said:
So are you completely unaware of the "edit post" button, or are you really that desperate to increase your post count?

Because nobody else will care if you get to 20,000 posts. And I say this therapeutically, of course.
Edited posts don't notify the people whose quotes you add. This causes a bunch of people to complain if they notice. People will even accuse you of trying to slip something through.

Honestly, though, if the only reason you're quoting me is to tell me nobody cares about my post count, what's the point? If nobody cares, then who cares?

st0pnsw0p said:
Isn't that exactly the same thing they said about NSMBU not having online? I wonder how long they're going to keep using this as an excuse instead of just admitting that they wanted to get the game out in time for the holidays/didn't want to spend more money on the game/don't know how to make online modes for non-Mario Kart games.
/still don't want to add online because they have this thing against it.

But this time, it's different. They're not backwards, they're OLD SCHOOL!

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Man these guys are fucking stupid. I'm all for couch co-op but let me tell you a secret, Nintendo. I would probably buy one or your systems and a few of your games if you'd get with the times and add some online functionality.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Grenge Di Origin said:
Doesn't change the fact that you double-posted.
Now you're changing your story. Note I nowhere claimed I didn't double post.

incidentally, I had read all the posts as of the time the page had loaded. You may notice prior to the last post I quoted, there had been no replies for over an hour.