Super Mario Run Announced for iOS

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Super Mario Run Announced for iOS

Shigeru Miyamoto appeared on the Apple stage to announce Super Mario Run for iOS.

Video game legend Shigeru Miyamoto took the stage at today's Apple event to announce Super Mario Run, which will be exclusive to iOS.

In the game, Mario automatically runs to the right, and tapping the screen makes him jump. Longer taps mean higher jumps. There's also a battle mode, Toad Rally, where you can battle against other players to get the high score.

The game will be released "at a set price," so you won't have to keep paying to play.

[gallery=6463]

Developing...

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Bold new move, Nintendo... Mario infinite runner game..... I weep for you Nintendo.

Devieus

Jul 30, 2014
It doesn't seem like an infinite runner, there is an end flag. Too bad about the iOS exclusivity.

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
Xsjadoblayde said:
Only Apple...tsk...but why? Not everybody is (or wants to be) married to that brand. :(
Devieus said:
It doesn't seem like an infinite runner, there is an end flag. Too bad about the iOS exclusivity.
Apple first, so it?ll be on iPhones for a couple months before Android release.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
People can say what they will about mobile gaming, but an "endless" runner game actually sounds fitting for Mario.

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Eh, I'm not going to take offense to this. In all honesty, the most offensive thing about the iPhone 7 so far has been the lack of a headphone jack. A design choice rooted in unfathomable stupidity.

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
There are a million better endless runner games then this, and they are free. Yes, you could buy stuff in them, but I never have and never needed to. I also am quite bored by the concept. I also have gamesites like Kongregate etc that has TONS more endless runner games that are free, and don't even have pay to win in them etc.

This was not worthy of an announcement.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
The fact that they have a big game designer present a mobile "endless" runner as something fresh is hilarious