Super Meat Boy Offers Free DLC Through Loophole

wheeman

Sep 15, 2009
From what I've heard, it's really hard to code games for Playstation. 2 hrd 2 cod

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
Irridium said:
So they have to work around MS's system to release free things? That they made? That they want to give away for free?

Wow.
Well, to be fair, it does cost Microsoft to put stuff up on Xbox Live, since they're the ones paying for the bandwidth.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009

GET ME VALVE!

Ot: this is quite cool I must say, can't say much as XBL doesn't effect me.. at all. As i do not own a xbox or xbox 360.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
this is really cool

and cool that there aren't a bunch of PC fanboys going 'lulz m$ wont giv u freebiez!' xD

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
The studio says of the free XBLA DLC: "It is nice to have the power to totally say 'fuck you' to that system and go our own way."
Ah, honesty at it's finest. :D I always get a warm feeling whenever a games company finds a way to stretch a console beyond its limits.

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
Well, good luck to them. Lets just hope Microsoft doesn't turn around and go "No, FUCK YOOOUUUU!" and stop the game from being released on Arcade.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
WERE NOT GETTING FREE DLC FOR TF2 ON THE XBOX ANYTIME SOON. VALVE HAS GIVEN UP AND BLAMED MS FOR ITS LAZYNESS.

Erherm, sorry about that. I needed to get that off my chest. Read it, learn it, accept it. They got our money from us, we were suckers. They dont actually care about those of us who use XBL. IF THEY DID, we would get a bug fix atleast. So poo on that arguement.

As for MS's DLC policy, it sounds like utter bananas. I dunno how it works, but I see plenty of free DLC all the time, depending on the game. But if people are finding loopholes, WOOT. More free stuff is good.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
According to the developers, nobody has released any kind of DLC in this manner in the history of Xbox Live.
Crackdown objects to this assertion. They released a free title update that along with some bug fixes, added new features (being able to reset gangs), new moves (ground stomp when your strength is maxed), and 2 achievements.

Crackdown also managed to release a DLC pack that contained new achievements. Some of those new achievements didn't actually require any of the stuff from the pack, and in a move no developer seems to bother with anymore on either the 360 or PS3, you could get those achievements even without buying the DLC. Most developers now will make you buy the DLC before you can unlock any achievements, even if you can fulfill the requirements without it.

So yeah, you can color me unimpressed with this. Another game did it before them, and has done even more than that. And of course, we have this:
GamesB2 said:
I still don't get this...

There is loads of free DLC on XBL.

For arcade games and for full games. Not every piece of DLC is charged for.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
As much as I want Valve to use this, I think the TMS (Title Managed Storage) area is too small for the sum of all Team Fortress 2 updates to be usable...

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
BobisOnlyBob said:
As much as I want Valve to use this, I think the TMS (Title Managed Storage) area is too small for the sum of all Team Fortress 2 updates to be usable...
TF2 has an enormous size on PC right now. (I think there's at least 2 GB's worth of update content)
TMS is only 32KB's.