Super Power Corrupts: Most People Would Be Villains

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
I'd be a villain, but only because I like being the antagonist, I wouldn't be "evil" presay.

I'd be more like an anti-hero, In fact, i'd act the same as I do now, but just up to 11.

grey_painter

Feb 10, 2009
I'm sure at some point with super powers I'd get fed up with the corruption and incompetence in governments around the world, leading to my marching into the UN to tell them all to sort it out else I would. I wouldn't be the bad guy then when they don't listen and I'm forced to dismantle all the worlds governments and start again.

...Right?

MazzaTheFirst

Jul 1, 2009
Heh, this reminds me of moderators on forums. Not saying moderators are bad, but the ability to abuse their power, though that would probably be for a very short time if they did, is there.

I'd actually want to be a hero, but I'd need people to point me in the right direction. Not really a finding clues, find the hidden hideout and distinguish the bad guys from the civvies who at the wrong place at the wrong time kind of guy. A simple, "Everyone in there is a bad guy, go get them." is what I need.

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
Neither villainy or heroism, I would just find some way to exploit my power to make money easily legally. Got super speed, go running in professional races but only using the amount of power needed to win the race. Got super strength same thing type of thing.

With that money than one has the power to do great evil or good as well. Such as donating to charity or whatever.

Actually to be honest I have no clue, but I think logically the two above paragraphs would be the most logical way to handle powers.

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
Intangibility and Invisibility. Then once I've thieved my way into a comfortable lifestyle I could 'retire' my villain status and become a wealthy philanthropist.

Fable has taught me to want (and have) it all.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
If I had, as you said, X-ray vision, I'd see about entering medical school and getting a job as a radiologist. If that didn't work out, I'd become a super-tinkerer and use my powers to fix people's busted appliances on-site and at half to cost to them. If I could change my shape, I'd spend a lot more time in my bedroom use my incredible abilities to solve and prevent crimes in the greater Alabama area, possibly as a member of the police force; because as Spider-Man and inFAMOUS said so heavy-handedly, if you don't use what God gave you, the entire world might get f**ked over.

So damn if I don't listen to my conscience when it makes itself known. I know superheroic crusades rarely go well, but I'd rather be a prick than an asshole anyday.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Honestly, I can't see myself being a villain. I don't have the lust or ambition.

Not sure I'd be a HERO, though.

MagusVulpes

Nov 18, 2009
I'm going to be truly honest: I would use my powers for the greater good. I see myself do this all the time in video games, if I don't TRY to be evil, I usually end up with lots of positive karma. I doubt I'd be Batman, doing what was necessary to stop evil, but I wouldn't go so far as to be the boy scout Superman either.

Would I stop evil? Yes. Would I use my powers for personal gain? Only when no one is looking.

After all what's the point of having powers if you're never going to use them for your own benefit?