Super Rare (And Horrifying) "Living Fossil" Shark Caught In Australia

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
njrk97 said:
Thats a outdated picture of the creature, scientist now believe the circular teeth formation in further back in the mouth

this is currently the most updated hypothesis on what it is believed that the creature looks like

OT: its still rather exciting the know that even now we are finding new fossils and creatures, and on the coast of my country i mean wow, the stuff thats trying to kill us here now must be childs play compared to how it was thousands of years ago. Australias gone soft over time, i bet in another thousand years our wildlife will only be slightly above the deadliness of the rest of the worlds wildlife.
That would make more sense, having that thing jutting out seems like it wouldn't be of much use.

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
Holy shit! Pretty sure that fucker jumped out of John Hurt's chest.

This kind of shit is why I think that if you dive deep enough, you come out into Hell.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
That thing makes me think of a go'ould symbiont in Stargate, cool :)

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
... ...

Well.
It looks like I'm not going swimming in the ocean ever again.

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Gaahh!! That thing is very creepy.

It also proves that Mother Nature was high back then.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
Fanghawk said:
Why is this super creepy shark important to science? Because its ancestry dates back 80 million years.
Unlike every other living thing on the planet, whose ancestry dates back around 3.5 billion years.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Prisoner Zero has escaped!

Prisoner Zero will vacate the human residence or the human residence will be incinerated!

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
And this is why I got into Marine Biology, cause the crazy things that you can find in the ocean.

Guess the shark got freaked out by Australia's decision to unprotect some sharks, but didn't realize it would probably be okay.

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Remus said:

Prisoner Zero will vacate the human residence or the human residence will be incinerated!

Where's The Doctor when you need him?

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
see this is why we all need the sun to grow strong and proper looking; animals from the abyssal plains are terrifyingly hideous.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Well, that is by far the most terrifying thing I've seen lately. The teeth alone are horrifying. They look really bloody, like its teeth are too sharp for its own gums? I can't tell. No thanks, though. I think I was happier before I knew this thing existed.

bat32391

Oct 19, 2011
It least its not a goblin shark, those things are creepiest things from the ocean I've ever seen.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Remus said:

Oh good lord you're right, I hadn't even thought of that!

*looks around for doors that weren't there before*

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
Hmm, wonder what something like that would taste like. I assume it would be tough as shit. But still, maybe with a bit of salt and lemon it could taste like ambrosia.