Super Rare Wish-Granting Pokémon Available in Stores Soon

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Super Rare Wish-Granting Pokémon Available in Stores Soon

GameStop has Pokémans for you, let it show you them.

Previously this year, GameStop offered a Pokémon download for a Pikachu-colored Pichu [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97840-GameStop-Offers-Exclusive-Pokemon-Download], and while I'm sure this was really cool for the average Pokéfan, it doesn't seem quite as special as the next rare offering that starts this weekend. Beginning this Saturday, February 27, GameStop will be allowing the Poké-crazed to get their hands on the deliciously rare Jirachi, a wish-granting legendary Pokémon that almost compares to Mankey, the greatest Pokémon ever conceived (is it a man, or is it a monkey?).

Jirachi is said to awaken only every 1,000 years when the Millenium Comet passes by, and at this time will grant wishes. I know this off the top of my head. Most commonly, people will ask Jirachi to instantly let them catch 'em all, which is sadly the only wish Jirachi cannot grant. In fact, Jirachi will grant no wishes even partially related to the Pokémon cartoon's opening song, so don't waste your time.

The pointy headed Jirachi will only be available until March 13, 2010, giving Pokéfans only two weeks to get this rare monster into their collections. It is said that Jirachi can not be acquired through normal gameplay, meaning that if you ever were to go out of your way to download a Pokémon, now is the time. Platinum [http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Diamond-Version-nintendo-ds/dp/B000MJB0H6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279310662&sr=1-1] will be required to download Jirachi, so I don't want to see anybody heading to GameStop with a big gray Game Boy playing Pokémon Red trying to figure out why they can't make it work.

Jirachi is not only a strong Pokémon that can use abilities such as Wish, Confusion, Rest (sounds powerful), and Draco Meteor, but when traded into March 14's Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver will unlock a special Route inside the included Pokéwalker accessory. The Pokéwalker is a pedometer that can hold Pokémon to level them up or help Pokéfans encounter special Pokémon or hidden items. Using Jirachi is the only way the Night Sky's Edge Route can be accessed in the Pokéwalker. At this point, I'm sufficiently confused, but as always, I know you Pokéfans know better than me here.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Hmmm that would be cool to have, but I'm wondering if EB games would get that, as they are part of Game Stop. That would be awesome since I don't have a GameStop here

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Schweet. I already got my Pikachu-colored Pichu, so I guess I'm off to Gamestop this weekend to pick up Jirachi.

And here I thought it was going to be Manaphy. This is MUCH better, however.

Aug 25, 2009
Bah, there's a hundred and fifty one, and there will always be a hundred and fifty one.

These new fangled pokemon with their new fangled fancy attacks. We were happy with tackle! Two tackles and a sandstorm for a whole battle.

Have to say though, at twenty I think I am finally justified in not caring overmuch about pokemon anymore, which is ironic given I'm currently spending my free time rewatching the first series again.

MimsySnark

Cat's Meow
Jan 18, 2010
Wait, I'm confused...Pokemon obsession is still a real thing? Does it cut across demographics, or is it mainly the domain of kids/teens? It's just that when they first came out they had all the signs of being a typical fad, and Pokemon has barely been a blip on my radar in the last several years.

Oh, right...On Topic: Jirachi looks adorable and I would like to get my hands on anything with the potential to grant wishes;)

Apr 28, 2008
Now I just need to get one of those versions!

Tom Goldman said:
It is said that Jirachi can not be acquired through normal gameplay, meaning that if you ever were to go out of your way to download a Pokémon, now is the time. Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum will be required to download Jirachi, so I don't want to see anybody heading to GameStop with a big gray Game Boy playing Pokémon Red trying to figure out why they can't make it work.

Yeah... who would do that... haha...

Well it looks like I won't anymore, I'll be using the more advanced Crystal version. That one is sure to work!

Right?

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Does it grant real life wishes? If so, it might be worth it to buy these newfangled Pokemon games. maybe

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
MelasZepheos said:
Bah, there's a hundred and fifty one, and there will always be a hundred and fifty one.

These new fangled pokemon with their new fangled fancy attacks. We were happy with tackle! Two tackles and a sandstorm for a whole battle.

Have to say though, at twenty I think I am finally justified in not caring overmuch about pokemon anymore, which is ironic given I'm currently spending my free time rewatching the first series again.
Its good to see that they've kept good 'old confusion.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Well I already have Jirachi, so It doesn't really hit the top of my "Things to attend " list

Also, quick question: Will only a Jirachi obtained from this promo open up the road, or will any Jirachi do?

Bladecatcher

Sep 1, 2009
I think I figured it out: Pokemon are zombies. Its so obvious now! I thought they were dead, but somehow they have managed to come back to life. It must have been the mysterious space-radiation that came back on that satellite...

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Will a Jirachi obtained through the Jirachi Wish Maker (that came with Pokemon Coliseum) work? If not then I might have to tell my friend about this. He's Poke-crazy enough to want this.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
MelasZepheos said:

Hahaha, I'm watching the same thing! I grew up with 151 as well, so as far as I'm concerned thats where it stops.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
MelasZepheos said:

And we were glad to have those tackles! Why in my day, if a fire pokemon got Ember we would bow down to the gods and thank them for their gift! Now unless every pokemon doesn't learn some weather-changing ability or minimum five moves outside its natural types without TMs it's not worth it! I tells ya it just ain't what it used to be.

(I stopped caring about the newer pokemon around Ruby/Sapphire, mostly because the games just weren't as good. Oh don't get me wrong, I still PLAYED the games, I just liked the older pokemon more.)

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
Frown upon all remakes unless the let you catch the legendaries associated to the region. Granted silver and gold where the best of the originals, the fact that you can't go to mount moon on a sunday night to catch celebi sucks very hard.