Super Smash Bros. 4's New Challengers Are Fire Emblem's Robin And Lucina

Crazie_Guy

Mar 8, 2009
I've always wished they would bring in a female Fire Emblem character. I just wish they'd done so sooner - then they might have drawn from older games. I'd much rather have Lyn than any of the others.

I also like how Fire Emblem is now tied with Mario for most represented series. It's definitely the best Nintendo series played by the least people.

Tobasaurus Rex

Jul 15, 2014
Not sure why there is such confusion but lucina is a character always up for more female smash characters (I dont mean that in a perverted way)Robin is a character and chrom is not playable. Chrom is summond in robins final smash, where he uses thunder magic and chrom is summoned to hit with his sword. its baisically a partner critical hit just like in fire emblem when alies can help to attack the enemy. it is sort of a mix of ike and marths final smash in a way, and I hope that lucina has her own smash instead of fully cloning marth.

Tobasaurus Rex

Jul 15, 2014
Not sure why there is such confusion but lucina is a character always up for more female smash characters (I dont mean that in a creepy way)Robin is a character and chrom is not playable. Chrom is summond in robins final smash, where he uses thunder magic and chrom is summoned to hit with his sword. its baisically a partner critical hit just like in fire emblem when alies can help to attack the enemy. it is sort of a mix of ike and marths final smash in a way, and I hope that lucina has her own smash instead of fully cloning marth.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
I know it's not gonna happen in a million years, but if they announce Travis Touchdown for Smash Bros. I'll go out and buy a WiiU right now, regardless of how much I can't afford it.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Fappy said:
Here's what mine looks like:

OT: Also, I love how the reveal trailer is using the FE: Awakening CG art style. Looks so cool.
I love that hair style, so cool and mysterious.
My girl has the same hair colour, except she's a tiny little thing.

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
Supdupadog said:
HeWhoFightsBosses said:
Yes, every character announced, both new and old, is quite exciting...

But I still await my beloved favorite from Brawl... The one character I adored more than any other because he was so unique while still being fun to play...

MISTER! (Game and Watch!) MISTER! (Game and Watch!)
He was shown in the Pac-Man trailer.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
V4Viewtiful said:
Will Ganon appear with a sword now? Anyway, i'm pleased overall.
He's had his sword...as his taunt over the last couple of games. :p
I do wish he had a move to use his sword in Brawl, because I love that thing and it just seems so cool.
Hopefully Ganondorf, if he's in the game, isn't just a clone of the good Captain Falcon again.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Candidus said:
What terrible voice acting!

Why is Robin a male when the character wasn't a fixed gender? That's annoying. Oh wait, there's a skin. Even so, why not draft Owain and his HUNGERING SWORD HAND instead?!

Again, what fucking horrible voice acting!

0/10 this reveal.

Will buy the game as planned on 3DS if dual audio.
Dual Audio isn't happening. Aside from a few grunts and victory quotes this game isn't dialogue heavy enough to warrant that. The closest you'll get to that would be if they decided to keep the whole "Marth's game of origin is untranslated" gag.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Semi-DemiFiend said:
Dual Audio isn't happening. Aside from a few grunts and victory quotes this game isn't dialogue heavy enough to warrant that. The closest you'll get to that would be if they decided to keep the whole "Marth's game of origin is untranslated" gag.
No worries, my 3DS can sleep blissfully on then. Until/if the next Senran Kagura game is localized.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Yay, Lucina.

Ghostface2206 said:
I'm guessing no one wants to see Pichu and Jigglypuff again? Thought not.
I liked using Pichu.
Nothing more fun than using a cute little electric mouse that sucks to show your opponent isn't even worth fighting seriously.

I think Super Smash Bros is a game that has room for weak characters too.

Mayer Fightitout

Jul 16, 2014
If you could choose, what character would you include?

http://fightitout.net/who-would-you-like-to-see-included-in-the-new-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds/

Ephidel

Jan 29, 2014
Great for people who played Awakening and love those new characters. Crap for anyone who wanted ANY older character other than Marth. *sigh*

No Zelgius, no Micaiah, no Volug, no Lyndis, no Ephidel, no Jaffar, no Hawkeye, no... anyone.

Yaay, looks to be a wasted opportunity. Again.

And I want O'Chunks from Super Paper Mario as an Assist Trophy like I asked for with Brawl.

Aand, I want Rundas or Gandrayda as a playable character. Would've made more sense with Brawl, but better late than never.

Oh, and one more thing; Ganondorf had better be there like I assume he is.

Maybe have an original Zero from Megaman X as an Assist too. I say "original Zero" to differentiate it from the GBA "Great games, crappy new look" version.

So much potential, probably going to be wasted. I'd love it if they just scrapped Final Smashes too. And rolling crates. Put in some Castlevania characters (proper ones, no Gabriel BS).

I could go on....

... but I won't.

Yet.

azurine

Jan 20, 2011
Having never played fire emblem, nor wanted to play it, I'll just go sit in a corner and sulk.
I really was hoping for classic Simon Belmont.
At least Captain Falcon has returned.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
There is something... unsatisfying, about the combat hits with the execution and sounds. I really hope the final product does it better.

Also Captain Falcon had to be back. And look, they gave him some generic lookin' anime warriors to test the new FALCON PUNCH!!!