Super Smash Bros. For 3DS/Wii U Nintendo Direct Coming Soon

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Super Smash Bros. For 3DS/Wii U Nintendo Direct Coming Soon

A Smash Bros. focused Nintendo Direct is coming later this month.

Nintendo are bloody fantastic at Super Smash Bros. For Nitnendo 3DS/Wii U official website [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131854-Lucario-Confirmed-For-Super-Smash-Bros-4], but now it looks like it's going for something a little more... direct. So, Nintendo has announced an upcoming "Nintendo Direct" event that will exclusively be about Smash Bros. The event will be broadcast on April 8, at 3 pm PT, where Nintendo promises to "share new details about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS."

eschew its traditional E3 press conference [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9oCbYa5lKw] last year in favor of a Nintendo Direct.

As for what the Smash Bros. direct may reveal, well, the smart money is on new and returning characters, but we've got our fingers crossed for an actual release date announcement. Nintendo have yet to offer an official date, but have stated that it will release sometime in 2014.

Source: Nintendo [http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-08-2014/]

Dec 14, 2009
Smash Bros News?

OhboyOhboyOhboyOhboy!

*blows dust off Wii U*

Finally, I might have something to play on you.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
i totally forgot this was coming out for the 3DS, now i can be excited about SSB again!

NoeL

May 14, 2011
Sweet. I'll be looking forward to it, though I'm not expecting my socks to be blown off like when Mega Man was announced.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Sometime 2014, 'ey? Which means probably November or December.

I don't know, this doesn't look like it will live up to Melee. A game that lasted me and my friends more than 8 years. I've been focusing on it a lot because it's probably the only game that could make me buy a newest gen consoles. I've also been focusing a lot on Project M, which looks like something that can just keep growing.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
About time we were going to get some news on SSB. March, imo, was basically a dry period; no new character reveals with the exception of their one screen shot per day post. I'm dying to know which new and returning characters will be coming to this title.

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
They should have launched WII U with smash bros, a retro studios metriod, a new zelda and maybe a new take on a 3d pokemon game for the fans.

That would have convinced many of us to buy in to wii u.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I'm hoping they announce at least 2 new characters in this Update. Still looking forward to it!

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Come on, gimme Chrom, gimme Isaac, gimme Krystal, gimme Paultena, gimme Shulk... I'll take any of those.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Mr.Mattress said:
I'm hoping they announce at least 2 new characters in this Update. Still looking forward to it!
I'm still waiting for my Captain Falcon dammit! He should have been announced at the start with everyone else because he's honestly a legacy character at this point. >.<

OT: Well hopefully we get an eventual date, although as other people have guessed it'll probably come out in November or December. Really all I want is my damn Falcon since Sakurai decided that Waluigi can't be in it. T^T
Oh well, I'll play as Waluigi in Project M in the mean time. >.>
Soon...soon the world will know the true dark powers of the Waa...

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
So wait, this is a news article stating that while there's currently nothing to report, something newsworthy will be happening in the near future? I are dissapoint Escapist.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
3 PM Pacific time? But I'll be in class then! D:

Well, I have a feeling we will learn more about the stages, game modes, items, maybe a few characters will be announced to return, a new character or two, and hopefully a release date. Despite all the stuff shown off, we haven't learned much about the game outside of the characters, so it would be nice to see if there any new game modes.

Luminous_Umbra

Sep 25, 2011
Neronium said:
Mr.Mattress said:
I'm still waiting for my Captain Falcon dammit! He should have been announced at the start with everyone else because he's honestly a legacy character at this point. >.<
Pretty much how I feel. He's been in every smash bros game ever and is the only character from his series as a playable character, so I don't see why they would remove him. Perhaps they're going make a big theatrical deal about it. (That would be pretty cool.)

Sould1n

Jan 23, 2011
Only a day to go now, really excited for this. The time isn't exactly the greatest, the direct starts at 11pm for me and the last time this was the case everyone got rather annoyed when I woke them up with screams of joy (Little Mac was revealed, I couldn't help myself), but oh well.

As for what I expect, well we got no characters in March, neither veteran or newcomer, so I at least expect a newcomer in this direct, maybe even 2. I could also see a 1-4 veterans being shown as well, though I'm keeping my expectations restrained on the character expectation matter. What I'm more looking forward to anyway is to getting shown various features and game modes, stuff that is hard to present and explain through pictures of the day and will benefit from the video experience. I'd also love to hear a detailed talk on Rosalina & Luma, Little Mac, and a few already confirmed veterans much like we got at E3 involving Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer. All in all, I'm psyched for this direct!