Superman Joins DC Universe MOBA Infinite Crisis

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Superman Joins DC Universe MOBA Infinite Crisis

Turbine has announced that the Man of Steel will now be a playable character in its DC-centric MOBA Infinite Crisis.

You'd think that the first character you'd pop into a MOBA based on the DC Universe would be Superman. He is, after all, the original superhero and a classic staple of DC's comic business. Despite this, Turbine's Infinite Crisis has been markedly lacking the Man of Steel since it first began its beta. That being the case, the developer has now announced that the last son of Krypton will finally be joining the game's ranks as a playable champion.

Described in a character video as "a powerful bruiser who excels at initiating and finishing team fights," Superman will feature a variety of attacks based around his well-documented powers and invulnerability. For instance, his passive ability Man of Steel will grant him temporary damage shielding every time the player uses one of his special abilities. These abilities will include moves like Kryptonian Might, which will amplify his next basic attack for extra damage, as well as superpowers like Frost Breath and Heat Damage. Superman's ultimate attack will be Speeding Bullet, which will fire him straight at a targeted enemy dealing damage to any foes unfortunate enough to cross his path.

While we won't go so far as to say that Superman's addition is a landmark moment in Infinite Crisis's ongoing development, it at least seems prudent considering the game already boasts three versions of Batman and Wonder Woman as well as a whole smorgasbord of arguably less important DC characters. It's not that Green Lantern or the Joker aren't important mind you, it's just that they're not freaking Superman.

Source: <a href=http://www.infinitecrisis.com/en/news/champion-announcement-superman>Infinite Crisis

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
They should really make this fit with the lore:

Whichever team picks Superman first wins.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
How will this even work?

Did Superman get clamped by the intergalactic traffic wardens and now he is restricted to hovering?

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
It's interesting they are finally adding him. I mean, they already have Doomsday in there, why not him. I have been playing the beta and it's a fun enough game. The main issue with the game is they really need to put that three lane map in. Right now it's just there version of Dominion, but Dominion throws away all the traditional character types. Things like support are useless in a game mode like that. I love playing support in MOBA's, but I am just a target who is a good feeder for the other team. In that game mode, there is only one type of character that is useful, hard hitters. Characters who do big damage fast.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Akichi Daikashima said:
How will this even work?

Did Superman get clamped by the intergalactic traffic wardens and now he is restricted to hovering?
Well it's not just Superman that has that problem. Going just off the main cast of the 2000s Justice League show, Wonder Woman, Martian Man Hunter, Hawkgirl, Superman, and Green Lantern could all fly. Only the Flash and Batman couldn't, but I'm betting Flash has similarly underwhelming use of his powers.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
I'm looking forward to the inclusion of Golden age superman, who's powers will include time travel, saving Jimmy Olsen, being able to shave with a mirror, and temporarily losing all of his normal powers, but gaining the ability to summon a midget version of himself that does have them.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
This is going to be one of the two:
1) they make him realistic and he is going to clean the field agaisnt everyone without breaking a sweat
2) they create a weak character and slap a name "superman" on it.