Supernatural "Black" Has a Great Hook That Doesn't Quite Stick

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Supernatural "Black" Has a Great Hook That Doesn't Quite Stick

Supernatural season 10 opens with the best premise it's seen in years, but it's hard to tell if that will pay off.

Read Full Article

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Fanghawk said:
When season ten opens, four months have passed. Sam and Castiel have been looking for Dean ever since Crowley spirited him away, but haven't had any breaks
It's six weeks not four months

I liked it but I am a hardcore fan, however knowing what happens in the next episode I feel it would have made more sense to show the first two episodes back to back, this episode showing Demon!Dean (I refuse to use Deanmon) enjoying the lack of responsibility his twisted soul has left him with, the next episode showing just how dark he has become.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
I loved Supernatural and I stll love the first 5 seasons but I gave up half way into season 6. They had Lucifer himself trying to bring about the apocalypse. As storylines go you cannot top that. That being said Dean being a deamon does sound interesting so I might give it a go depending on the answer to this question.

Can someone please answer me this please, I don't mind spoilers. Why exactly have Sam and Cas not gone to Bobby for help? Please don't tell me he left the show. It would not be the same without him.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Gizmo1990 said:
I loved Supernatural and I stll love the first 5 seasons but I gave up half way into season 6. They had Lucifer himself trying to bring about the apocalypse. As storylines go you cannot top that. That being said Dean being a deamon does sound interesting so I might give it a go depending on the answer to this question.

Can someone please answer me this please, I don't mind spoilers. Why exactly have Sam and Cas not gone to Bobby for help? Please don't tell me he left the show. It would not be the same without him.
You're going to want to sit down for this one...

Bobby died back in season 7. His character had a great send-off, and I'd recommend going back and catching up for that reason. But the boys have largely been on their own for the past few years, outside of a couple of flashback/cameo appearances.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Fanghawk said:
Gizmo1990 said:

Bobby died back in season 7. His character had a great send-off, and I'd recommend going back and catching up for that reason. But the boys have largely been on their own for the past few years, outside of a couple of flashback/cameo appearances.
WHAT!!! Thank you for the reply but no way am I watching now. It just would not be the same.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I generally loved the first three seasons of Supernatural, when it was about pulp/pop horror and folk lore, the moment Christianity got involved I zoned out. The idea of Heaven and Hell as concepts are fine but the absolute domination of the Judeo-christian elements over the other religions just made me roll my eyes in frustration. I understand it's the dominant religion within the shows setting but that doesn't make it any less boring, that episode about the other gods staying in a motel to talk it out only to get ganked by Lucifer just made me lose all interest in the show.

Bobby still rocks the shit though.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
Fanghawk said:
Gizmo1990 said:

AHHH I clicked on the spoilers!! NOOOO!!! >.<

But I wanna talk about this so:
I suspected he wanted to leave anyway... He's getting old, they kept beating him up season after season, they put him in a wheel chair, which I suspect he just got tired of.

It's a good show, and it's amazing they've kept it up for as long as they have. Although it's gotta be running on its last legs by now. I mean I'm surprised none of them have ever try to go into film really. I mean I know Jarad has had his parts, but I mean it was kinda in B grade horror movies with Paris Hilton.

Anja Bech

Mar 20, 2013
Please let Dean be an actual demon, and not just Dean with black eyes and super powers. I think they've done enough "tortured good man making the hard choices" story-lines with him; that whole martyr thing he's had going on is starting to wear on me. I kinda hope this season shows him as a twisted, broken version of the man he was in the first couple of seasons, you know, before he died the first time. The womanizing, boozing, glutenous man with a devil may care attitude, but this time without a soul to redeem him. I think that would be interesting.