Surprise! Authorities Investigating Looters' Swag Pictures On Facebook

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Renegade-pizza said:
God bless Facebook(even though I find it evil) and the biggest morons in history who make us feel good about ourselves...Also First.
Bang. This is pretty much the only reason why I'd want to keep Facebook around, so morons like this will post photo's of themsevles with their stolen loot and get busted because of it. Stories like these make me laugh at the very poor choices criminals make and then they act all shocked when the cops come knocking on their doors. :D

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Aand.. if someone showed him that piracy exists he'd be one criminal charge richer.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
DracoSuave said:
We should encourage more of this.
Like this you mean?

http://photoshoplooter.tumblr.com/

Shame should be more pro-active.
The bronies.. they got.. violent.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
Further proof that Albert Einstein was correct in saying "There are two things that infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the former" but would it had been funny if some of those people were calling the guy who posted a picture of the money he stole on facebook, an idiot?

fnartilter

Apr 13, 2010
Guess they didn't learn from watching the news about people being caught the same way at the Vancouver hockey game riot, hah.

FrostyCoolSlug

In the Ball Pool...
Jun 7, 2005
An important thing to note here, is that some people posting these photos wont actually have been involved in the looting, there's no actual evidance other than his word that this person actually did.

Step 1: Buy stuff from a store
Step 2: Take photo of it with you in the pic
Step 3: Claim you were a looter, to gain respect with your "peers"

It's still a stupid move, but innocent until proven guilty. Unless the police have photos of him in the act, I wouldn't judge this guy just yet..

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
The seal of bad idea's is proud that criminals are being this entertainingly stupid.

BlackKraken

Apr 4, 2009
I'd also heard of some thieves stealing games from stores, straight off the shelves. I'm not sure if its the same in the US but in the UK they keep the actual DISCS locked away and the cases on the shelves are EMPTY.

Great loot there, maybe if you stole some blank CDs you'd have something to put in the 100 empty cases you took. :p

jokulhaups

Aug 13, 2008
All that video game and entertainment stuff and then waaay in the back there's the huge protein mix container...

Talk about impulse looting, can't people find a theme and stick with it?

Femaref

May 4, 2008
[...]expressed by a Londoner when asked by a television reporter: Is rioting the correct way to express your discontent?

"Yes," said the young man. "You wouldn't be talking to me now if we didn't riot, would you?"

The TV reporter from Britain's ITV had no response. So the young man pressed his advantage. "Two months ago we marched to Scotland Yard, more than 2,000 of us, all blacks, and it was peaceful and calm and you know what? Not a word in the press. Last night a bit of rioting and looting and look around you."
Sadly, he is right. Some peaceful protest just doesn't spawn the news anymore, as it doesn't provide for interesting pictures.

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/07/7292281-the-sad-truth-behind-london-riot

benvorbeck

Mar 18, 2011
Bobbity said:
If we needed any more confirmation that the internet is making people stupid, or at least making that stupidity blatantly obvious, then here it is.
yes, and maybe the escapist and other magazines are giving THEM a good headsup WARNING about this, especially posting it on front page... just call it internet stupidity from everyone including magazine companies. whos side are you on you so called PRESS!!?? dont give me a warning for this for is posting here all under your dictating rules that dont really comply with actual reality?

bet your response is : 'oh we didnt think about it that way, we only thought criminals use facebook and none of them subscribe to online magazines'

yeh ill bet you'll delete this, and you will rectify your actions by 'yeh but all the press does it, what difference does it make?' well thats exactly how a riot gets out of and... by chavs saying 'yeh lets all do it'

go ahead delete this :) like all the other magazines would :p

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
ASan83 said:
I'm no criminal mastermind, but isn't the first rule after committing any type of crime to lay low?
The Mafia boss arrested while updating his facebook location begs to differ.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
F said:
I said it yesterday and I'll say it again today.

There's only one way to deal with these people.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
...but but Birmingham is about as far away from the sea as one can get in Britain. And our canals aren't THAT big.
I figure the Kraken will make your Canals bigger... but it may have to be concentrated on London for the while, there's more prey for it there.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
snfonseka said:
Is it just me or the intelligence of the human race is getting lower?
Humans are as smart/dumb as they've ever been (although the average person is certainly more educated than they used to be), it's just that with a larger population you have a proportionately larger number of exceptionally stupid people, and the internet is the perfect way for them to show off their stupidity.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Steal stuff from store. Post it on Facebook under account with my name and information.
Best plan ever.

Some criminals are really dumb but I can't believe that someone though admitting to a crime like this on the internet in a place where there account holds there personal information (like name and address) was a good idea. They do realize that once the crime has been committed the police can still arrest them afterwards right?

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
weker said:
Chavs being chavs again, I really wish natural selection would become more prominent in these groups.
Don't worry it already is because the ones posting their pics on FB are technically letting themselves get caught which widdles down on the gene pool of idiocracy.

Herbsk

May 31, 2011
I guess its a good thing law enforcement has found out what a wonderful tool Social media can be - especially to catch all the stupid criminals of the world...

This, children, is called 'Natural Selection' working in the modern day world!

Unfortunately, they may still have the opportunity to breed...which defeats the purpose I guess.