Survey Reveals What the "Perfect" Male and Female Body Should Look Like

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
GameChanger said:
Apparently perfect people are white.

Good to know.
Excellent nitpicking and misunderstanding, bro.

OT: looks like it's time to hit the gym even more.
I have seen the mountaintop, and now I shall reach it.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Oh so it's women who idolise slender women and men who like them curvy?
Can I stop being blamed for that now please?

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
Exterminas said:
AnthrSolidSnake said:
I don't need to say that this study was useless. What's perfect to one set of people is different to another set of people. All four of these pictures don't appeal to me very much. Perfection is impossible.
Do you see the contradiction in your post?

In the second phrase you say that there is such a thing as perfection for a set of people, while in the last phrase you say that perfection is impossible.

Obviously perfection is not impossible, as long as you consider it relative to certain sets of people. It very reasonable to assume that an individual can pinpoint the ideal (= perfect) body shape for him or herself and once you got that down, it is pretty simple to calculate an average over a larger population.

That obviously doesn't mean that the result will match everyone's taste, because that is what average means.

Overall I find the survey very interesting, because the results show feeling of inadequacy in both genders: The women think they need to be thinner than the men wish they were while the men think they need to be more buff than the women want them to be. I think that is a pretty neat result for a such a small survey.
No, I don't see it. The problem is I didn't word what I meant correctly, so that's my fault. I meant there is what people consider perfection, and then there's "true perfection", which can't exist because that would mean it would be something that literally everyone would agree on.

rockoffanddie

Apr 8, 2009
As a man i would say that the female is only 1/6 correct. Scarlett Johansson's hair is right but to be perfect it needs to be combined with her face, legs, arms, stomach and breasts... can everyone see where i am going with this.

Seriously though the female could look better with a face that belonged to someone other than Megan Fox, i don't know why, but i have never been mad about her.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
If the polled were only able to choose from a specific pool of candidates, the results have already been predetermined to some extent.

The Material Sheep

Nov 12, 2009
weirdee said:
If the polled were only able to choose from a specific pool of candidates, the results have already been predetermined to some extent.
Good point. I'd be interested in the actual mechanics of the study. It's a wonder how naturally biased the study was.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Donzacuceron said:
I'm honestly surprised that Jennifer Aniston and Frank Lampart made it to the list.A lot of Chelsea fans in the UK I reckon.
You could say that. Football is by far the most popular spectator sport in the UK, and Chelsea are one of the most popular teams. Frank Lampard is one of the most well known sportsmen in the UK.

Alex Co said:
Interestingly enough, the female demographic's ideal body for women was actually thinner in almost every aspect than the male groups' choices -- save for the breasts.
Might be just the stuff I read, but I thought it was pretty commonly recognised that women like women to be thinner than men like them. That's why fashion models (who need to appeal to other women) are rake thin whilst the women who appear in men's magazines are much curvier.

Also, did you mean "save for the breasts" or "in particular the breasts"?

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
th3dark3rsh33p said:
weirdee said:
Good point. I'd be interested in the actual mechanics of the study. It's a wonder how naturally biased the study was.
I think some people are taking this a little too seriously. It's a tongue-in-cheek survey by a sex toy brand, not an academic study. It's just meant to be a fun bit of promotion.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
No, this is what the beauty and workout industries want you to believe is a 'perfect' body. What happened on people having their own standards and not following what they see on TV, a magazine or on the internet?

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
I'm a man, and I find both the perfect man & woman "according to me" horribly unattractive (disgustingly so even).

The women's choices are better, but still nowhere near what I would call perfect.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
GameChanger said:
Apparently perfect people are white.

Good to know.
I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this.
Although this:
weirdee said:
May very be the main reason why we received these results.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
I like the woman designed woman more. I think the man designed man looks best too.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
So, the essence of sexy is being composed of the bits of various famous people. Got it. *Grabs hatchet and Hollywood phonebook*

I kid, of course, I'm already horrifically deformed. Ladies.

(Seriously, though only thing this proves is that design by committee is a terrible idea, but we all knew that already... right...?)

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well I would give this nonsense some minute validity if the body parts were from actual people and were not named, but as that didn't happen what this survey actually ended up doing is a photoshop celebrity contest.