Survey Says Women Prefer Games Over Sex

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008

Hey stud, Mario is giving your lady more pleasure than you are. Doritos says so.

Like a nacho cheese-flavored Richard Dawson, Doritos recently polled 2,052 people and discovered that the ladies apparently prefer game time over sexy time.

MCV reports:

The survey of 2,052 people was commissioned by Doritos and found that 49 per cent of women play online games, almost matching the 50 per cent of men that game online.

Of these female online gamers, 84 per cent said they enjoy their gaming sessions, compared to just 70 per cent who enjoy sex. 62 per cent enjoy working out, 71 per cent enjoy shopping and 75 per cent enjoy having a bath.

Additionally, the survey found that of the average 3.5 hours the participants spent online each week, those of the feminine persuausion dedicated 23.1 percent of their time to interactive gaming, while the burly male types found themselves gaming only 22.3 percent of the time.

Alright, look, I'm going to level with you guys: Even forgetting that this survey was conducted by a company most famous for clogging keyboards worldwide with greasy orange dust, this entire thing is meaningless.

84 percent of women enjoy gaming, while only 70 percent enjoy sex? I don't see a correlation between the two data points. I see an entertainment industry segment designed to be, at best, wildly entertaining (and at worst, completely inoffensive) succeeding at its goal, while the act of male/female coitus is exactly as awkward, baffling and confusingly unerotic as it has been since Adam first asked Eve if she wanted to see his "snake."

Of course, a headline like "games are rad, sex is pretty confusing for most people" wouldn't do much for the Doritos PR wonks, so the company explicitly focused on the most salacious data point it could find.

Remember kids: Sex sells, but questioning the virility of your stupid male audience will have you swimming through a Scrooge McDuckian money vault by the end of the week.

Source: MCV [http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/women-love-gaming-more-than-sex#after-ad]

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
So, how many lads are feeling self conscious right now?

Calumon: They like games better than them being a girl? That's silly.

Jack: ...Yes, let's go with that.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
One wonders why they were investigating this...Even if it's a bluff, why? Just why?

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
I'm curious to see the age groups surveyed. Also, two thousand people is a pretty small test group in the grand scheme of things.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Forget all that sex vs. game stuff. The average time spent online a week is 3.5 hours? Casuals.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
So Doritos just called into question every mans ability to please his woman. Good job Doritos.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Yeah... I really cannot be compelled to trust the findings of research conducted and funded by Doritos. Who peer reviewed it? Chester Cheetah?

Outside of that, I honestly do not find it surprising in the least

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
Obviously,they're lying.It's not like somebody from Doritos is gonna come up and say "Sex or Games?" to a woman and they'd answer "Sex",unless they're those OPENLY EXTREMELLY SLUTTY ones.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
If 70% enjoy sex and 84% enjoy gaming... well, they're kind of unrelated. It could be that the 70% would choose sex of gaming, meaning only 14% of women would choose gaming over sex.

Also, I. Hate. Video. Captcha.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Well, my penis is feeling mighty insulted right now. Well guess what ladies? I prefer video games to your bodies, too!

[sup]...oh, who am I kidding?[/sup]

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Earnest Cavalli said:

Hey stud, Mario is giving your lady more pleasure than you are. Doritos says so.

Like a nacho cheese-flavored Richard Dawson, Doritos recently polled 2,052 people and discovered that the ladies apparently prefer game time over sexy time.

MCV reports:

The survey of 2,052 people was commissioned by Doritos and found that 49 per cent of women play online games, almost matching the 50 per cent of men that game online.

Of these female online gamers, 84 per cent said they enjoy their gaming sessions, compared to just 70 per cent who enjoy sex. 62 per cent enjoy working out, 71 per cent enjoy shopping and 75 per cent enjoy having a bath.

Additionally, the survey found that of the average 3.5 hours the participants spent online each week, those of the feminine persuausion dedicated 23.1 percent of their time to interactive gaming, while the burly male types found themselves gaming only 22.3 percent of the time.

Alright, look, I'm going to level with you guys: Even forgetting that this survey was conducted by a company most famous for clogging keyboards worldwide with greasy orange dust, this entire thing is meaningless.

84 percent of women enjoy gaming, while only 70 percent enjoy sex? I don't see a correlation between the two data points. I see an entertainment industry segment designed to be, at best, wildly entertaining (and at worst, completely inoffensive) succeeding at its goal, while the act of male/female coitus is exactly as awkward, baffling and confusingly unerotic as it has been since Adam first asked Eve if she wanted to see his "snake."

Of course, a headline like "games are rad, sex is pretty confusing for most people" wouldn't do much for the Doritos PR wonks, so the company explicitly focused on the most salacious data point it could find.

Remember kids: Sex sells, but questioning the virility of your stupid male audience will have you swimming through a Scrooge McDuckian money vault by the end of the week.

Source: MCV [http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/women-love-gaming-more-than-sex#after-ad]

I suspect that these numbers come from a relatively high percentage of the polled gamers who enjoy games but aren't having sex or are virgins. You can't enjoy what you aren't having. That would reduce the percentage.