Survey: "Tweens" Want Modern Warfare 2 for Christmas

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Survey: "Tweens" Want Modern Warfare 2 for Christmas

A new survey has found that Modern Warfare 2 [http://gh5.guitarhero.com/] are among the games most wanted by "tweens" this holiday season.

Conducted by ESRB [http://www.weeklyreaderresearch.com] rating that's above their age bracket.

The full survey results break down as follows:

Girls 8-10 Years Old
- Wii Sports Resort (Rated E) - 56 percent
- New Super Mario Brothers (Rated E) - 49 percent
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Rated E) - 44 percent

Girls 11-13 Years Old
- Guitar Hero 5 (Rated T) - 53 percent
- Wii Sports Resort (Rated E) - 52 percent
- New Super Mario Brothers (Rated E) - 42 percent

Girls 14-17 Years Old
- Guitar Hero 5 (Rated T) - 57 percent
- Wii Sports Resort (Rated E) - 48 percent
- New Super Mario Brothers (Rated E) - 48 percent

Boys 8-10 Years Old
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Rated E) - 48 percent
- New Super Mario Brothers (Rated E) - 47 percent
- Guitar Hero 5 (Rated T) - 47 percent

Boys 11-13 Years Old
- Guitar Hero 5 (Rated T) - 42 percent
- Modern Warfare 2 (Rated M) - 41 percent
- Wii Sports Resort (Rated E) - 41 percent

Boys 14-17 Years-Old
- Modern Warfare 2 (Rated M) - 46 percent
- Guitar Hero 5 (Rated T) - 45 percent
- Halo 3 ODST (Rated M) - 39 percent

It'd be easy to glance at the survey and come away with the impression that an awful lot of kids will soon be playing videogames they shouldn't be anywhere near, but there's a big difference between wanting something and actually getting it, or even expecting it. I wanted things when I was that age that I knew I had virtually no chance of getting (mostly the attention of girls); it's a natural part of being young.

"As Game Crazy's survey indicates, it's not unusual for younger kids to want to play what the older kids are playing," ESRB president Patricia Vance said. "Parents need to understand that not all video games are intended for younger players. The ESRB ratings provide guidance about content and age-appropriateness so parents can make sure the games their kids play are suitable for their age."

The survey also found that two-thirds of kids plan to ask for a new videogame system over the holidays: 24 percent say they want a Nintendo DSi, while 21 percent want either a Wii or PlayStation 3. A separate, much smaller survey, meanwhile, found that people who use the word "tween" in regular conversation should be punched until they are no longer capable of making noise.

Source: Gamasutra [http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25819]

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
As long as they stay the fuck away from my vent, I'll be perfectly fine.

And Guitar hero V so popular? SHUUUUUUN!!!

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
A survey of 1000 people isn't really proportionate to the whole various age-group's, especially when you consider that there's really only a few hundred in each category.

kingcat1 said:
Good the rate system is terrible anyway let em play what them want
You want more 14 year olds screaming / singing down their microphones on CoD?

Praise be to party chat.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
uhhh, 11-13 years olds want MW2...
seems to be a trend appearing. I have a sense of dread now. time to mute my headset in preparation.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
D_987 said:
A survey of 1000 people isn't really proportionate to the whole various age-group's, especially when you consider that there's really only a few hundred in each category.

kingcat1 said:

Praise be to party chat.
Praise be to the Mute button, more like.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
I would be more angry if I actually used game chat. Now I'm almost always in a party one with friends in the game.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Malygris said:
A separate, much smaller survey, meanwhile, found that people who use the word "tween" in regular conversation should be punched until they are no longer capable of making noise.
I thank you.

Didn't know the ladies where into Mario that much. Somebody should really get them a PS3 or a Xbox 360

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
O yes the fresh stack of noobs at Christmas I completely forgot about those, you gotta love fresh meat.

And to be honest I'm not all that surprised by that list...

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
what the heck is a tween? sound like a little bird or an infectious disease that will cause purple ninja zombie nazi bots, or it will when my funding comes through.
MAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Amnestic said:
Praise be to the Mute button, more like.
Not so, I don't want to have to listen to any of the *word deleted* that plague high profile first person shooters - I do however want to communicate with friends in the same game - hence my praise is directed at party chat.

benoitowns

Oct 18, 2009
hearing how so many people want guitar hero makes me ashamed of liking it DAMN IT now i cant get it or ill be equivalent to an over-cursing immature 8 year old but i cant wait to pwn some new live noobs in CoD

benoitowns

Oct 18, 2009
its a bad thing.....if little kids get 360s, and get live, microsoft will spend more time marketing to kids, and eventually they will get a year or two older and get halo, then theyll be annoying kids screaming and crying into their mics...hope to god they get the xbox arcade

Izerous

Dec 15, 2008
Malygris said:
A separate, much smaller survey, meanwhile, found that people who use the word "tween" in regular conversation should be punched until they are no longer capable of making noise.
I'm guilty of using it in a conversation but it was regarding flash/flex not the age group.

When using it to refer to the age group it is one of those words that make the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, along with nails on a chalkboard, and when people use words like synergy synonymously with teamwork just because they think it sounds cooler.

BonerMacTittyPants

Aug 3, 2009
Why am I not surprised by this?

Can't wait to hear brats shouting "NOOB!" every 2 seconds in MW2.

Also whoever spawned this "tweens" word should get his balls cut off with a piano string.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Great, all that while Infinity Ward is going to completely destroy any positive reputation that gamers have left thanks to thier "Go into an airport and shoot every unarmed terrified civilist you can see for some terrorists"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoSXuCDzlXc
(Probably down within the next few minutes)

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
i say dont let them play it, because you know the parents are going to go bat shit over whats in the game even though it says 17 and up on the box. plus, there will be less squeaky 12 year old voices on Live

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
That's a bullshit rating system. God damn i hate FPS', why isn't Dragon Age Origins up there? ARGH!

Gunner_Guardian

Jul 15, 2009
Interesting that despite the gender difference most young girls and boys want the same game (especially at an earlier ages)) I mean besides Halo 3 and Modern warfare 2 only being on the boy's side, those lists are almost identical between gender groups.

Valate_v1legacy

Sep 16, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
seems to be a trend appearing. I have a sense of dread now. time to mute my headset in preparation.
Have a Terran engineer look at it.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
So that would explain why Infinity Ward has embraced dual-wielding and crippled the PC's server system! Those evil bastards! They're trying to make the game more attractive to children!

"The Return of Joe Camel", anyone?

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
i hate that parents blame the gaming industry for making violent games when they the ones buying the games and seeing the huge RATED M FOR MATURE on the front

ProfessorLayton

Brotha That Will Smotha Yo Motha
Nov 6, 2008
Shows you who's going to be playing online...

Honestly one of the things that turns me off about games like Modern Warfare 2 is all the kids online.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Malygris said:
I wanted things when I was that age that I knew I had virtually no chance of getting (mostly the attention of girls); it's a natural part of being young.
Aww Maly! Made me chuckle!

But it seems to me as though this survey is biased. It's the same games on both sides. It makes me feel as though those were the only choices given and they had to rank them in order of which they wanted.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
New Super Mario Bros? The girls have better taste in games than the boys do.

Apr 28, 2008
Watch, the kids will get MW2, and the parents that bought it for them will be blaming the game for showing their children mature things.

Kids will get the game, parents these days seem to just want to give their kids what they want to shut them up.
God help the poor souls who go into MW2 not in party chat...

Damn microsoft for giving everyone on xbox live a headset!

purplegothchick

Mar 19, 2009
Dark Templar said:
The rating system is only a guideline anyway, let them play what they want.
It's actually the law. It's illegal to sell a mature game to a minor; however, their parents can buy it for them (a fact I became painfully aware of earlier in work when a woman got stroppy with me when I told her that Prototype was an 18 and therefore not suitable for her young son and that I couldn't legally sell it or even speak to him about it)
So let people warp their kids all they like by buying them inappropriate games for their age, as long as the kids don't try to buy them themselves!

Eternal_24

Aug 4, 2009
So this means that if I want a girl to like me I should tell her I have all the latest Mario games? Who knew it could be so easy :D

AdambotLive

Jul 19, 2009
kingcat1 said:
This.

Sexual content - In year 7 i had to see a POV pregnancy in science, animated boobs are nothing compared to that.

Blood/gore - Who does'nt watch movies above their age?

Swearing - I hear more cuss words in a day at school than on a game.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
You know I find it really depressing so many kids are wanting shovalware this Christmas.

I mean, when I was at their age I had my Sega Saturn and was asking for quality titles like Saturn Bomberman, Guardian Hereos and Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Now they're only interested in gimmicky Mario sequels :(

Eternal_24 said:
So this means that if I want a girl to like me I should tell her I have all the latest Mario games? Who knew it could be so easy :D
Yeah, but you'll have to play them too.

Feb 13, 2008
Malygris said:
ESRB president Patricia Vance said. "Parents need to understand
Fixed that for you Patricia.

Bravo sir, bravo! Give 'em one from me, my son.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Malygris said:
Conducted by Game Crazy [http://www.weeklyreaderresearch.com]...
Wait, the very same Weekly Reader that I used to have to do as busy work in grammar school did this poll?

Seems out of character.

On topic... not surprising to me, seems to support many stereotypes about new Call of Duty fans. I mean, you can't expect too many kids these days to want to go retro with Dizzy, can you?

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Tweens. A concept that will dissapear if I ever rule the world. Eleven and twelve year olds should not be given any reason to think that they're any more than just children.

RoseBridge

Oct 27, 2009
But it seems to me as though this survey is biased. It's the same games on both sides. It makes me feel as though those were the only choices given and they had to rank them in order of which they wanted.[/quote]

Yeah thats what my thoughts were too, its starting to become hard to take any of these surveys seriosly. On won side though it would be great if a lot of people bought Modern Warfare, on the other side younger kids over live is always annoying, even most teens, but I dont thnk that will change anytime soon.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I´m more concerned about the fact that so many kids want Wii Sports Resort.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
purplegothchick said:
Dark Templar said:
The rating system is only a guideline anyway, let them play what they want.
It's actually the law. It's illegal to sell a mature game to a minor; however, their parents can buy it for them (a fact I became painfully aware of earlier in work when a woman got stroppy with me when I told her that Prototype was an 18 and therefore not suitable for her young son and that I couldn't legally sell it or even speak to him about it)
So let people warp their kids all they like by buying them inappropriate games for their age, as long as the kids don't try to buy them themselves!
I keep forgetting its the law.

I just have my older friends buy the games for me XD

Actsub

Oct 18, 2009
70% of posts in this thread consist of people around the age of 15 or 16 complaining about a vast minority of stupid, whiney kids in the form of "yeh this kid's r so fuc annoy me i wish they did SHUTUP lol!!!", grow up people and learn to select the 'mute player' button and let the little kid, excited over his Christmas present, enjoy it.

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
Well, let's see [searches through games] 12/16 of my games are rated M... and I personally don't think games that came with my Xbox don't count so that means that 12/15 of my games are rated M. Oh, Lordy, I better lock myself up before I kill someone! Wait, I'm not a tween. Thank God those few years mean something, or else people would be dyin' all around me right now.

But seriously, I have been playing violent games and watching violent TV since I was 7, and I seem to be doing fine.

Demonraiser

Jul 8, 2009
they need to paste a giant sign on all M rated games for the blind adults that say: "THIS GAME WITH FUCK WITH YOUR KIDS HEAD!!!!" so there are less whiny 9 year olds screaming in Mics ala CS:S

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Malygris said:
The survey also found that two-thirds of kids plan to ask for a new videogame system over the holidays: 24 percent say they want a Nintendo DSi, while 21 percent want either a Wii or PlayStation 3. A separate, much smaller survey, meanwhile, found that people who use the word "tween" in regular conversation should be punched until they are no longer capable of making noise.

Source: Gamasutra [http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25819]

Where there statistics on the ones wanting the 360, or were they too small to note or was it meant to be PS3 Wii and 360 21% Or am I missing something?

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
D_987 said:
My thoughts exactly.
In my opinion the kids shouldn't be playing it unless mentally they're over 20, or they actually are 20.

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
Malygris said:
It'd be easy to glance at the survey and come away with the impression that an awful lot of kids will soon be playing videogames they shouldn't be anywhere near, but there's a big difference between wanting something and actually getting it, or even expecting it. I wanted things when I was that age that I knew I had virtually no chance of getting (mostly the attention of girls); it's a natural part of being young.
Honestly, it's pretty reasonable to assume a good chunk of these kids will be getting MWII. I hang out around the local game shops during my spare time (with friends working at Game Stop and Game Crazy) and in both shops parents are constantly buying M-Rated titles for their 'pre-teen' male children.

My buddies try to warn the parents, but one of the following (usually) happens (most to least common):
1.) The parent doesn't speak English, and as such doesn't understand period.
2.) The parent sort-of speaks English, but is entirely unfamiliar with the ESRB ratings and ignores the employee.
3.) The parent is aware of the ratings, but doesn't care.
4.) The parent asks the child if they think they're sure they should be playing this. (I swear to god, this happens).
5.) The parent puts the game back and drags their screaming brat out of the store.

Admittedly, this is in a community where 43% of the community is 'Latino', and roughly 53% 'White' according to a 2005 survey, so the language issue is probably a southern-half-of-the-US problem. All the same, kids are still getting their hands on M-rated games more often than most want to admit, because it doesn't reflect well on the gaming community (albeit its not really so much employees and more of parents not paying attention to their kids).

Personally, I was playing HALO, Metal Gear Solid, Half-Life, and Grand Theft Auto III (admittedly, with all the media hype I had to sneak GTA past my parents), before I'd turned 18.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Come one guys, Guitar hero? Really. Jeez I thought we had all passed that point by now.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
kingcat1 said:
No.
If all the kids are allowed to play M rated games, then we shall become flooded with multiple children which we do not like. This will force me off the console and unto my PC, which I normally wouldn't complain about, except that it seems that an alarming number of children are... using the PC as their designated game play station.
Eventually, they shall be lead to the Escapist. And then we will get those threads again saying "Why are kids on xbawx livez hated"
They must be destroyed.

Sgtkillalot0

Sep 29, 2009
As a 15 year old, I do say if anyone uses the word 'tween', they should 'go die in a fire'. It just pisses me off, donno why. Usually I don't care, but I guess I do for this.

Terazeal

Sep 10, 2008
Wow, this thread is just saturated with ageism. It's pretty disgusting. I mean, it's oozing everywhere...

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
Hold on there, Andy. Are you saying that Modern Warfare 2 is going to be cluttered with obnoxious, underage boys that know little to nothing of FPS gaming? That sounds a little absurd to me. It's not like that ever happened with every FPS ever or anything.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
Do these surveyers honestly think this matters in the grand scheme of things? Seriously, go cure cancer or something.

Thediscoducky

Apr 17, 2008
Hang on...
Malygris said:
Boys 14-17 Years-Old
There's a total of 130%?

Also, fuck Activision. Makes me angry that so many people get, or want, to play Modern Warfare 2 and I still refuse too.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
These issues are always more complex than most people make them out to be. No, playing MW2 will not turn 11-year-olds into ravenous killing machines, and no, toddlers should not be watching Kill Bill and playing Manhunt. It's a matter of mental and emotional maturity, which isn't the same as someone's age. When you're so young that you're still impressionable, if you're exposed to the wrong stuff in the wrong context, that leads to warped views on morality and respect for life. But if a kid plays Grand Theft Auto and subsequently goes on a shooting spree, that's not a reflection on Grand Theft Auto, that's a reflection on the kid's preexisting mental instability.

While I don't think that 'tweens' who want to play a game like MW2 have an appropriate amount of respect for the subject matter (I doubt many of them grasp how drastic the difference between real war and pretend entertainment war is), I don't think withholding it from them is going to improve their character at all as an act in itself. The real crime is sheltering children from all forms of violence and offensive material, for fear of making a bad impression, instead of displaying it to them in the context of being a bad thing. If a kid's most formative encounters with the idea of 'war' are playing a video game designed to entertain him, and one that is supposedly modeled after real modern-day military combat, I would call that a somewhat lopsided picture of what war is like.

Wait, you weren't picking a fight about the influence of violent video games on children? But...but I wrote all this text...

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
What's this? Pubescent boys want to play a violent shooter game? Not shocking at all, I say.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
While there's no need to follow the ESRB (or PEGI or whatever) ratings like you follow the law they work as pointers. Playing MW2 when you're 11 can not be healthy... for any of us :-/

TheNamlessGuy said:
It seems all girls like Mario?
Maybe plumbing isn't such a bad choice of career after all? ;)

edit: and what's so wrong with the word "tween", it's a pretty useful word...

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
Yeah, this is going to ruin the online experience for many a more mature gamer. I hate how schreechy little kids think they're "well 'ard" because they play games they shouldn't (technically).

Left4Meds

Jul 9, 2009
Oh, this christmas is gonna be fun...
Me and my friends are gonna get a kick out of making fun of the 11 year olds.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
So we should get ready to hear a bunch of whiny voices that talk way to loud on MW2 Multiplayer? o_O

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Im really glad they moved it up to 18+, thats going to about half the amount of little shits playing.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
I don't mind that. Aslong as they don't sing horrible songs ans yell into the mic, I am fine.

Unfortunately, they will anyways.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Is it just me, or did we all forget at what age we started gaming (violent games that were supposed to corrupt us and turn us into mindless killing machines)?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
cainx10a said:
Is it just me, or did we all forget at what age we started gaming (violent games that were supposed to corrupt us and turn us into mindless killing machines)?
1992/3, age 2. Sega Genesis. I spent many an evening in my early days jumping on the head of robots and an extremely fat man as a small, blue, humanoid Hedgehog.

Then I played Streets of Rage, Golden Axe and Shinobi and they were the most badass awesome thing ever.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
this is surprising? also, in that last bit, where was the psp, pspgo, and xbox360 in that survey?

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Amnestic said:
cainx10a said:
1992/3, age 2. Sega Genesis. I spent many an evening in my early days jumping on the head of robots and an extremely fat man as a small, blue, humanoid Hedgehog.

Then I played Streets of Rage, Golden Axe and Shinobi and they were the most badass awesome thing ever.
Can't say I was that young, started at around 7-8, with Prince of Persia, Commander Keen, Doom etc ... but point remains is the attitude of a lot of people in this thread is a little bit odd.

Aku_San said:
What's this? Pubescent boys want to play a violent shooter game? Not shocking at all, I say.
Pretty much this.

Misaek

Oct 28, 2008
I always wonder with the majority of people my age who play nothing but CoD and halo and just shout in the mic, will they always be like this? I mean I always wonder if for example they are in their twenties or thirties if someone trips them on the road will they shout "TEAM KILLING FAG!!!"

Mad World

Legacy
Apr 23, 2020
Country
Canada
cainx10a said:
In regard to general gaming, I started at around the age of seven, I believe (not sure when I started more violent games, though).

And, yes, I think people need to quit overreacting; contrary to popular belief, younger people don't always spam their mics with high-pitched, squeaky voices.

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
A year ago this november, a friend and I had entered the local gamestop to pick up the recently released Gears of war 2. There was a boy, who could be no older than 6 or 7 begging his mother to purchase the game for him saying "all his friends were getting it". She conceded and bought him the game even after the cashier vouched for the game's gratuitous gore and violence. The mother old him that she didn't need his "hack" opinion on parenting and left the store. Truly, truly sad.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
Malygris said:
Does anybody know of a place where one could sign up to perform this valuable civil service.

OT: This pretty much tracks with what most sociologists have to say about violence. Specifically, testosterone kicks into high gear and encourages us to engage in violence (and to prefer it quite a bit more).

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
I'm not surprised that children love FPSs, eventually they will blame the game for such tragic events.

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
That's a shame. I'll have to deal with 11-13 year olds while playing MW2. I don't mind 14 and up as much.

targren

May 13, 2009
Who the hell cares?

"Survey says that kids want the popular, super-hyped upcoming game for Christmas."

In other news, water is still wet, time is still linear, and people on Xbox Live are still semi-retarded fucktards.

Oh no, it's rated M, but they want it anyway! Society is collapsing.

So don't buy it for them. When I was 8-14, I wanted a flame thrower. Mom and dad never got me one though. I never got over it...

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
kingcat1 said:
So six-year-olds should be exposed to the pointless death, fear, and pain that war brings?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Bets are that all the kids get CoD. It's not over the top violent so parents will cave in. Trust me, they will. The only reason my younger brother isn't whining his scrawny little lungs off is because he knows I'm getting it.

Anyway, back to the mute button and noob-killing for the christmas holidays then.

coldshadow

Mar 19, 2009
the rating ssytem needs more power, I hate it when I hear a little kid over the mic in my M rated games...lucky they mostly stick to cod and halo3, you know the games that its easy to kill people in (please dont flame me)

stiborge

Sep 23, 2009
MR T3D said:
^^suggestive lyrics, the odd 'shit' or 'fuck'
They don't say "shit" and "fuck" in the lyrics. They replace them wiht things like "Spit" or "forget."
OT: I don't see what the big deal is I played rated M games when I was 12.

Medic Heavy

Jul 4, 2008
Terazeal said:
Wow, this thread is just saturated with ageism. It's pretty disgusting. I mean, it's oozing everywhere...
What I wanted to say.

Like come on guys none of you played M rated games when you were to young to play them? I'm 14 and i'm just starting to play M rated games because of my older brother.

When I was younger I admit to being quite the litte brat, My parents would buy me M rated games and the shop keep's never really said anything or really cared.

In fact a few weeks ago at a local game stop I was buying 40$ in PSN points for fat princess and battlefield, when the man at the counter stated " Hey we've got a used copy of Fallout 3 collector's edition for the PS3 for only 20$!" I thought about how long i've being begging my parents to even try and rent fallout 3, but instead of picking it off the shelf and grabbing it I replied with, "To bad I'm under 18."
The game stop employee then responded with "...............oh yeah."

That aside, I'm shocked of the amount of younger kids that own copies of games that I'd do anything to get my grubby teenage hands on.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
kingcat1 said:
So six-year-olds should be exposed to the pointless death, fear, and pain that war brings?
Like any of those games actually shows war for the hell that it is instead of turning it into a cycle of spawn-kill-die-respawn-HIGH SCORE! instead of train-deploy-kill-die/be traumatized?

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Two points about the ERSB
1.Its way to easy to get around with parents buying their children the games anyways
2.Why is it that the people with the strict ERSB abiding parents are actualy the gamers that i wouldnt mind playing the games with (so many of my friends are not allowed to play anything remotely violent untill they move out of their houses, while 6 year olds on xbox live scream through their headset)

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
Ha! Stupid tweens! Not being able to afford it! Of course, I still have to wait a few hours after school(unless I can convince my mom to go at midnight) because of gamestops damn policy of needing to be 17 to get games, being 16 is thoroughly annoying in this aspect.

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
My thought exactly... High pitched ear splitting rendition of (Insert Movie/Song)...

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
In my experience, it's not the age at which you start playing these games, it's how you learn to play them. For example, I started playing M-rated video games 15 years ago...at 4 years old. I never once became the person who screams incessantly into my headset and constantly demeans the game and other players.

In all honesty, I don't think the game itself necessarily brings out these unsavory qualities in others, but rather with how they were raised along with the people they hang out with. I know many younger kids who love to swear and walk all over authority, and those are the ones who you'll find in Halo 3 ruining the experience for everyone. However, there are still respectful kids out there; 9 year olds who not only respect the game, but respect their teammates. It always warms my heart to find myself playing Left 4 Dead with a younger kid who, while he doesn't always get the right idea, he never whines or swears.

I no longer hold much validity to the notion that "Well, they're too young to play these games anyway," because I simply don't believe that's true (and I feel like a hypocrite). I believe if these kids had better parenting and were really taught the difference between right and wrong; fantasy and reality, and most importantly, respectful and disrespectful, everyone would have a much better experience.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
Keep 'em off Manhunt, RapeLay and Postal. Nothing else is going to damage anybody, shit.
(RapeLay is evil.)

the cornflake

Jun 9, 2009
If the kids that are under 15 get MW2 this Christmas then i say shame on the parents for buying them what will be the most controversal game this year, and im going to hate having to listen to their whiney voices when im killing them too much on multiplayer.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
So...the moral of the story is that young boys like to play army and blow stuff up and break shit? It warms my heart to see that despite the best efforts of feminists and the PC police, they haven't managed to chop the balls completely off a generation of boys. Thank the gods.

slopeslider

Mar 19, 2009
Guys Guys! More tweens playing = higher K/D ratio! Let the cannon fodder come play with us, mute the poor things then shoot them if the face. They can barely grip the controller with their still-childish hands.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Malygris said:
I hope that never happens just because if it did I'd have to see my doctor about the uncontrollable erection that that sort of reality would induce.

KoreyGM said:
zombflux said:
Kids shouldn't be kept away from things anyway
No they shouldn't but it should be at the parents discretion.
Considering most parents haven't the slightest idea about developmental psychology or apparently even remember their own childhood.

Parents primary goals should be to give their children the most avenues for growth possible. That way they give the maximum level of nurture to help reach to the fullest extent of the growth possible from nature (IE feed your kids properly and they'll reach their maximum possible height given the limitations of their genetics).

As a child my parents let me play any game I wanted, from Monopoly to Manhunt I've dabbled from board game to blow em' up. Did I end up shooting people, raping people, doing drugs, or anything that gets attributed to these stimuli (quite erroneously I might add)? No. I grew up, went to college and am doing alright.

The ESRB is nonsense, there is no strong evidence (or really evidence at all) that gaming results in any negative after effects. A great parent will be a strong enough catalyst to alleviate any actual negative effects. There aren't nearly enough great parents out there, which at least in the US might be caused by the virile distaste towards intellectualism.

To be fair to parents however there is nothing you can do for a few exceptionally unfortunate psychological disorders. ...Course these days the consumerism is destroying the legitimacy of many of the disorders by mass marketing and broadening the guidelines for what constitutes certain problems like ADD.

But that's another rant for another day.

Jekken6

Aug 19, 2009
I'm a teenager and for Christmas, i want Assassins Creed 2 (PS3), Dragon Age: Origins(PC), Demons Souls (PS3) , World In Conflict (PC), Brutal Legend (PS3) and Orange Box (PC)

I think I'm in the minority of teenagers here, but at least i have a good taste in games, music, books, etc. and i'm not an asshole online (don't abuse the mic and other things like that)

Jekken6

Aug 19, 2009
Omega 2521 said:
A year ago this november, a friend and I had entered the local gamestop to pick up the recently released Gears of war 2. There was a boy, who could be no older than 6 or 7 begging his mother to purchase the game for him saying "all his friends were getting it". She conceded and bought him the game even after the cashier vouched for the game's gratuitous gore and violence. The mother old him that she didn't need his "hack" opinion on parenting and left the store. Truly, truly sad.
Actually, last year, when i got fallout 3 CE for PS3, my mum was with me and the chick at EB said "this game was banned in australia because of drugs" and "this game has tonnes of violence' (something like that). My mum still bought it for me, because she knows i can handle it. And i had even shown her footage of the game before then.

Point is, even though i may sound like a hypocrite, little children should not be able to get these types of games with gratuitous violence, swearing and so on, because majority of them are not mature enough to handle it, many themes and things like that will fly over their heads, and, in case of multiplayer, generally ruining the experience for others (if they have headsets). Same goes for the majority of people around my age.

And, another story, when i play Bad Company with my friend online, we talk to each other through the headset and his younger brothers are near him watching him play. And they talk loudly and shout into the headset. Next time, i'm going to tell my friend to put his headset a little louder, so i can shout and tell his brothers to fuck off. It's really annoying having others ruin your online experience.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Parents will buy their asshole kids they never should have had any game they want so long as there is no polygonal nudity, then complain that kids play too many violent videogames when they actually SEE what they got them and because they blame everyone but themselves, demand government step in to do something despite having a rating system in place that TELLS them it's inappropriate for their brat which they ignored in the first place! ugh!

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Really? This is surprising news that MW2 is on every preteen boy's Christmas list? I saw that coming a mile off. But I guess the survey makes it official.

We've (nearly) all been on Xbox live, we all know a very large percentage of the the playerbase is clearly much younger than the ESRB wants them to be. Well, it's up to the parents, I guess.

It seems it's mostly the more mature types--at least 16 and up--that want to play the slightly less-hyped M-rated games like Borderlands and L4D2. Wonder why this is?

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Flamezdudes said:
...why isn't Dragon Age Origins up there? ARGH!
Because people don't want it. They want derivative FPs games and not something that might challenge them mentally. These are teenagers we're talking about, and exceptions aside, they are pretty stupid on average...

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
UsefulPlayer 1 said:
Malygris said:
I thank you.

Didn't know the ladies where into Mario that much. Somebody should really get them a PS3 or a Xbox 360
I think they're just into the Wii.

My girlfriend has 5 of them.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Not that surprising really, my younger brother aways nags me about when he is able to play with my copies of Fallout 3, Dawn of War 2, Assassins Creed etc.

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
Hard hitting and important news. I'm sure no-one knew before that people played games which they were 'to young' for.
...Unless they own a mic and xbox live connection. : /

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
More brats in Modern Warfare 2? Well, that gives me a few easier kills and a lot more motivation to always stay in a private chat.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. BUT! The inclusion of Wii Sports Resort for 11-13 surprises me, as does GH5 for the youngest bracket. I suppose that one is a case of "all the cool kids have it so let's be a sheep and get it" or whatever you call it.

As for the rating thing? My parents wouldn't let me play GTA3+ (and the 2D ones, but we never had them) until I was about 14-15, I think, maybe a bit younger. And only then it was because my younger step-brother (of sorts) brought it over with his PS2 every weekend or so. Ever since, I've been a "fan" of GTA! I've not been affected by it, because I know it's just a game. I'm 19 now, and as such, I've only in the past year managed to start buying "adult" games myself, i.e. GTA, Dragon Age: Origins (which I get next week <3), so if I wanted an adult rated game, my mum had to get it for me, and as such she monitored what I played.

It is up to the parents to decide what their child plays. My parents could easily have turned around and told me they don't want me to play X, Y or Z, but I've been damn lucky in that regard.

But hey, for all you MW2 players, enjoy your easy kills! :D

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
D_987 said:

kingcat1 said:

Praise be to party chat.
That's a rather large generalization

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
has anyone else noticed...

not that they all want games they shouldnt...dont care what kidns want...

all the games there are craptivision or nintendo with only ODST that isnt...

makes me sad...if you should ever believe surveys i would call the end of the games industry right now

Sgt Doom

Jan 30, 2009
And people act confused when I state I do not, nor want to, play COD 4 online.

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
Nurb said:
Parents will buy their asshole kids they never should have had any game they want so long as there is no polygonal nudity, then complain that kids play too many violent videogames when they actually SEE what they got them and because they blame everyone but themselves, demand government step in to do something despite having a rating system in place that TELLS them it's inappropriate for their brat which they ignored in the first place! ugh!

snip
Government intervention in the sales and viewing of game material, in my personal opinion is wrong, people should be allowed to view/play anything they want, they should however be properly warned about the material they are going to play/view, but limiting what people can play/view is rather stupid

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
Unless they have a driving license..BREAK THEIR FINGERS..'cause there is enough twats that don't have their balls dropped playing on Call of Duty 4.

and those are the ones that end up calling you a ****** or something. hard to tell cause their voice is worse than nails on a chalkboard.

Where's the signup sheet for a band of roving Adult(over 20yrs) gamers going around the middle schools and grade schools(K-6th grade) and breaking fingers of any boys who own MW2?

wax88

Sep 10, 2009
Mordwyl said:
more like: more suited for your taste.

so a game less immersive, less tension with a lame excuse of a plot i.e: (let me make a WILD guess here) princess peach gets her arse kidnapped by bowser AGAIN and it's up to Mario(and his friends) to save her. Bravo, that's the kind of scripting that's going to get an academy awards.

so i guess if all of that's up your alley, then hooray for you.(yes, i am flaming, but i seriously cannot stand all these nintendo fanboys anymore...)

wax88

Sep 10, 2009
anyways: back to the topic, yes, sadly tween boys nowadays generally have a tendency to be big jerks where playing online is concerned. and so, i'll belong to the camp that says: i sure hope they don't get their hands on COD:MW2.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
More proof that the online community is going to be full of young people. And that CoD has become casual. WII SPORTS RESORT HAD 41 PERCENT?

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
*Grumbles.*

I hate the amount of, "childism" going on in this thread...

(YES, I MADE THAT WORD UP. DEAL WITH IT.)

Though I can't say I disagree with everyone saying screaming kids will run rampant, so, join the bandwagon!

Eh-em....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
It should be no surprise that 12 year old boys play graphically realistic FPS games. That's who they are made for and marketed to after all, unless you swallow that game politics industry advocacy stuff.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
D_987 said:

kingcat1 said:

Praise be to party chat.
I think it is good to keep in mind that not all 14 years olds are that bad. Speaking as a representative of that group, I can safely say the only people I hear singing are the 5 year olds who play Halo and have their zone as family.

Oh God, spare me the nursery rhymes.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Why shouldn't twenty-year-olds want to play Modern Warfare 2?

Oh right, we're using the foolish, nonsensical modern definition of tween rather than its original usage.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
You know damn well that there are going to be a huge number of 11-15 year old boys playing MW2. Just venture on xbox live in the weeks after it's release and see if you don't end up playing with a "Tween".

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
News flash: it is perfectly legal to play an M-rated game if you are under 17.

The M-rating is only a SUGGESTION of restricting SALES to those under 17 and even then there is not often even a law to back it up. Remember the ESRB is nothing but a interest group, it is not a federal body, just a bunch of self appointed moral wingers.

In both the UK and the US is is perfectly fine for the parent of a child to make it THEIR DECISION on buying a game like Modern Warfare 2 or even GTA4 and whether their child can play it or not.

These ratings are not "substitute-parenting". They are:
(a) a guide to unwise parents and
(b) theoretically prevent kids going behind parents' back buying games they MIGHT not approve of.

The only absolute restrictions I know of are against allowing them to watch or play something pornographic (for obvious anti-pedo laws) but as far as I know when it comes to violence as with anything below and AO rating, the buck stops with the parents.

And for this age bracket (11-13) they won't even have enough pocket money to buy this game and considering the time of year (Christmas) most likely they will be having a parent or grand-parent buying the game for them as a present.

So I really don't see a problem here...

... apart from all the little brats in online multiplayer, but that is what player-mute is for.

... maybe if we had Dedicated Servers that wouldn't be a problem. They'll probably hack it and crack the PC version anyway.

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
Actsub said:
70% of posts in this thread consist of people around the age of 15 or 16 complaining about a vast minority of stupid, whiney kids in the form of "yeh this kid's r so fuc annoy me i wish they did SHUTUP lol!!!", grow up people and learn to select the 'mute player' button and let the little kid, excited over his Christmas present, enjoy it.

Yeah, because every post in this thread uses atrocious grammar. By "every post" I of course refer to yours.

And those kids are irritating pricks. I don't bother muting, I just leave party chat for the few seconds it takes to tell them "Shut the fuck up". The fact that that's the only thing I said in a ten minute long match normally stuns them into silence long enough for everyone else to laugh at them. Then they're humiliated into silence. I like to think of it as being a good samaritan.

Nova5 said:
4.) The parent asks the child if they think they're sure they should be playing this. (I swear to god, this happens).
I find that funny, because my mom asked me that when we were out to get Prototype. Of course, I'm not "pre-teen" (16), and I'd given her the money for the game...

Terazeal said:
If you're under 15, ageism is acceptable. After all, your brain doesn't even start going through the developmental stages that give you a full-grown big boy brain until you're at about 13.
Thediscoducky said:
Hang on...
Malygris said:
Boys 14-17 Years-Old
There's a total of 130%?

Also, fuck Activision. Makes me angry that so many people get, or want, to play Modern Warfare 2 and I still refuse too.
Most likely some kids had two or three games on their list.

Littaly said:
edit: and what's so wrong with the word "tween", it's a pretty useful word...
Tween is bad. But I do like the term "Teenybopper".

DrScoobs

Mar 6, 2009
i am one of the very few 15 year olds who will NOT be getting modern warfare 2 for christmas.
maybe its due to the fact that i am surrounded by morons who think that modern warfare 1 was the best game ever and that halo invented the FPS.

oh and they like paramore as well.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Random argument man said:
I really hope that the 11-13 demographic doesn't get Modern Warfare 2...
Me too. I don't want to hear them yelling ignorant things through their microphones.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
ae86gamer said:
Me too. I don't want to hear them yelling ignorant things through their microphones.
Thank god I ditched Call of Duty before Voice Chat was in every server then. And In my opinion, 11-14 year olds shouldnt really be playing them. I am 14 myself and I generally don't use the mic, instead I prefer to type on my games, mostly because the mic option isn't there. I would gladly defend the decision to make 14 and under section of xbox live unable to access any games that have a M rating or in the UK, a 15, 16 or 18+ rating.

EDIT: metroidgearsolid, I am doing the same thing as you. Except I don't want anything to do with Call of Duty after 2. Those games were good. And Paramore Fails. Completely. So does Halo and the rest of them FPS's on the consoles except for what I'm getting for christmas is most likely a NES to gut out, make portable and realize what we have lost from gaming and the crap we have gained.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
I think most of the "let kids play what they want" comments are from the underage population.
no, children should not be allowed to play "M" rated games. What is a shame though is that what is rated "M" for Mature is usually not very mature at all. Kind of like the movies to certain extent (M rated games are often equal to American Pie or a typical slasher movie). But I digress.

The more viable the rating system becomes, the more willing game makers and publishers will be to put out good "M" rated titles. I think "Heavy Rain" may become one of the earliest examples of a true "mature" game.

I won't be playing MW2, even though I'm 32 years of age and can play it. I just don't like FPS games, or the annoying hooting and d*ck waving that seems to go with the territory.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
s69-5 said:
I think "Heavy Rain" may become one of the earliest examples of a true "mature" game.
By this I'm guessing you mean the mature subject matter and plotline dealing with things people under 18 shouldn't know about? If so, then every under 18 won't play it anyways, because it isn't the same boring ass shooter. I might pick up a PS3 to play it, just because I'm a huge fan of unique and actual "mature" (not porno) games that deal with matters that happen IRL.

Rokar333

Half Evil
Oct 1, 2009
s69-5 said:
no, children should not be allowed to play "M" rated games.
I'm sorry that you're the one quoted, you're just the most recent example. This is more a series of questions for the over 18's on the board.

Are you saying that you have never played a M rated game before you were 17?
Are you saying that you have never watched an R rated movie before you were 17?
What about a PG-13 movie before you were 13?
Did you have those parents who followed the ratings systems to the letter?

If you have answered "no" to any of the above questions you don't have a right to *****. It's that simple.

I'm 16 right now, and I am sick of the ageism bullshit. I have less than half a year til my 17th birthday. That means that in less than 180 days I can stop dragging my mom to the game store, and I can avoid awkward theater moments with my dad(that sex scene in Watchmen was too damn long, but that is for another topic.)

You can argue that it's different for the 11-13 crowd, but often it turns into "No minor should ever be interested in anything I'm interested in ever" Despite what the ESRB says, those 180 days will not make me more mature. People are disappointed that parents are buying their younger kids M games, so? Until online console gaming got big, people were saying how unnecessary the ratings system was, and that it was the parents decision.

In fact, in my experience, it is the parents that play video games that are more lenient with what their kids play. My parents have been gaming since before I was born, and I was playing Mortal Kombat at age 5, while finishing the night with a viewing of my favorite movie, Jurassic Park.

Niryain

May 21, 2008
metroidgearsolid said:
i am one of the very few 15 year olds who will NOT be getting modern warfare 2 for christmas.
maybe its due to the fact that i am surrounded by morons who think that modern warfare 1 was the best game ever and that halo invented the FPS.

oh and they like paramore as well.
Aye. Agreed. Far too many of us nowadays are.. Not smart, to put it lightly.

My top wanted, but won't be getting due to lack of good PC/Any of the three new consoles.. Dragon Age: Origins and Demons Souls. One's going to be good ol' Bioware fare, and the other harkens back to days of not piss easy games. MW2 is going to be a generic FPS fare, like most things coming out these days. Saying MW2 is going to revolutionize is the same thing as saying Megan Fox is anything but blandly attactive (Thank you, MovieBob..), or that Star Trek was deep... Damned averagely stupid generation I'm in...

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
wax88 said:
Mordwyl said:

so a game less immersive, less tension with a lame excuse of a plot i.e: (let me make a WILD guess here) princess peach gets her arse kidnapped by bowser AGAIN and it's up to Mario(and his friends) to save her. Bravo, that's the kind of scripting that's going to get an academy awards.

so i guess if all of that's up your alley, then hooray for you.(yes, i am flaming, but i seriously cannot stand all these nintendo fanboys anymore...)
How am I a Nintendo fanboy if I dislike Halo and Modern Warfare? Honestly if even the slightest praise is given to their games makes me a fanboy that's being a little hypocrite on your part. My statement was a joke and you had to go there. Who's being fair is anyone else's guess.

DrScoobs

Mar 6, 2009
GideonB said:
ae86gamer said:
Thank god I ditched Call of Duty before Voice Chat was in every server then. And In my opinion, 11-14 year olds shouldnt really be playing them. I am 14 myself and I generally don't use the mic, instead I prefer to type on my games, mostly because the mic option isn't there. I would gladly defend the decision to make 14 and under section of xbox live unable to access any games that have a M rating or in the UK, a 15, 16 or 18+ rating.

EDIT: metroidgearsolid, I am doing the same thing as you. Except I don't want anything to do with Call of Duty after 2. Those games were good. And Paramore Fails. Completely. So does Halo and the rest of them FPS's on the consoles except for what I'm getting for christmas is most likely a NES to gut out, make portable and realize what we have lost from gaming and the crap we have gained.
Thank goodness that there is someone else my age who is not a complete moron!
someone who will actually play a game that hasnt got space marines or generic soldiers slapped on the box!

example: i was playing grim fandango the other day (one of ma fave games) and my friend came up to me and said it was crap.
yes. i do think that megan fox isnt that hot and star trek wasnt deep or meaningful, but i did have a good time with it (the new movie i mean).

guess you and me can be the exception together :)

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
LewsTherin said:
Flying-Emu said:
kingcat1 said:
Like any of those games actually shows war for the hell that it is instead of turning it into a cycle of spawn-kill-die-respawn-HIGH SCORE! instead of train-deploy-kill-die/be traumatized?
Because seeing life and death as a game is so much better.

wax88

Sep 10, 2009
Mordwyl said:
wax88 said:
Mordwyl said:

How am I a Nintendo fanboy if I dislike Halo and Modern Warfare? Honestly if even the slightest praise is given to their games makes me a fanboy that's being a little hypocrite on your part. My statement was a joke and you had to go there. Who's being fair is anyone else's guess.
it's not about you disliking halo or mordern warfare. ok, i'll admit at this point that i am an anti-nintendo. that's pretty much about it. now that we are clear on that, i'll also like to apologize for apparently taking your joke here a little too seriously.

also, there's guitar hero 5 on the list, mind you, and it ranked higher on the older girls. yes, i've mistaken you for a nintendo fanboy(or rather i hope this is the case) simply because your post seemed to suggest "super mario brothers is the best game out there" if you get what i mean.

Boxinatorizore

Mar 25, 2009
Reading this thread I realize that ageism is far worse and in larger quantity than racism or stuff... but who cares it's hilarious most of the time. How can you not enjoy watching some people make an 11 year-old kid rage quit?

OT:Well then thankfully I have no interest in buying this, although there would most likely be less kids on PC, or at least they wouldn't be as bad... unless all of the kids who play CSS got this...

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Those fucking tweens should go play Liscenced Games, only when they beat me in a SMB3 race to the end can they play on xbox live /perfect world

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
14-17 MAYBE I'm okay with...well technically 17 year olds can buy M rated games in the U.S.

ArcWinter said:
Noobs to kill? Yay.
Noobs with microphones? Please, no, kill me now.
^my thoughts exactly

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Its good to know that after Christmas there will be a tonne of fresh meat to pad my kill to death ratio. The last 12 year old I heard swearing on COD4 soon stopped when I put on my best dad voice and told him :

"Your language is disgusting! If you were my son I'd smack your arse for language like that"

He soon shut up. There are some advantages to getting old. It doesn't matter that I never smack my kid. Now someone elses kid...

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
metroidgearsolid said:
GideonB said:
ae86gamer said:

someone who will actually play a game that hasnt got space marines or generic soldiers slapped on the box!

example: i was playing grim fandango the other day (one of ma fave games) and my friend came up to me and said it was crap.
yes. i do think that megan fox isnt that hot and star trek wasnt deep or meaningful, but i did have a good time with it (the new movie i mean).

And someone in my school because they won't touch anything that is violent mostly because they don't have Xbox Live or particularily give a shit about MW2. Thank god there are people who actually like UNIQUE FPS's, because tbh I thought Killing Floor was fun mostly because I'm a huge fan of that sort of thing and I didn't want to touch L4D. Also Grim Fangdago is aweosme, your friend who said it was crap must also die. I think the new Star Trek movie has the worst villian in the series, because Khan is just funny and Nero is a stereotypical emo J-RPG vilian. Megan Fox is a whore and she can go die in hell. She's not that fit. Anyways, why won't people play awesome games that no-one buys except the right type of people, I mean my mates they all like games that are simple, or relatively easy, and I showed them Megaman 9 and they thought it was the most difficult game on Earth. What retards

inglioti

Oct 10, 2009
Malygris said:
awesome. and yes, more noobs. but, i was playing manhunt at 13.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
GideonB said:
metroidgearsolid said:
GideonB said:
ae86gamer said:

And someone in my school because they won't touch anything that is violent mostly because they don't have Xbox Live or particularily give a shit about MW2. Thank god there are people who actually like UNIQUE FPS's, because tbh I thought Killing Floor was fun mostly because I'm a huge fan of that sort of thing and I didn't want to touch L4D. Also Grim Fangdago is aweosme, your friend who said it was crap must also die. I think the new Star Trek movie has the worst villian in the series, because Khan is just funny and Nero is a stereotypical emo J-RPG vilian. Megan Fox is a whore and she can go die in hell. She's not that fit. Anyways, why won't people play awesome games that no-one buys except the right type of people, I mean my mates they all like games that are simple, or relatively easy, and I showed them Megaman 9 and they thought it was the most difficult game on Earth. What retards
After reading that post, I can see why you're friends with them. Peas in one big pod.

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
problem is nobody makes this good shooters rated T, they wouldn't need to have exactly MW2 if there was t-rated version.

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
will people stop using the word tweens? why cant they just say little s**ts who will forever ruin the online play with their squeaky voices and senseless babble?