Survey: "Tweens" Want Modern Warfare 2 for Christmas

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
What's this? Pubescent boys want to play a violent shooter game? Not shocking at all, I say.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
While there's no need to follow the ESRB (or PEGI or whatever) ratings like you follow the law they work as pointers. Playing MW2 when you're 11 can not be healthy... for any of us :-/

TheNamlessGuy said:
It seems all girls like Mario?
Maybe plumbing isn't such a bad choice of career after all? ;)

edit: and what's so wrong with the word "tween", it's a pretty useful word...

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
Yeah, this is going to ruin the online experience for many a more mature gamer. I hate how schreechy little kids think they're "well 'ard" because they play games they shouldn't (technically).

Left4Meds

Jul 9, 2009
Oh, this christmas is gonna be fun...
Me and my friends are gonna get a kick out of making fun of the 11 year olds.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
So we should get ready to hear a bunch of whiny voices that talk way to loud on MW2 Multiplayer? o_O

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Im really glad they moved it up to 18+, thats going to about half the amount of little shits playing.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Is it just me, or did we all forget at what age we started gaming (violent games that were supposed to corrupt us and turn us into mindless killing machines)?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
cainx10a said:
Is it just me, or did we all forget at what age we started gaming (violent games that were supposed to corrupt us and turn us into mindless killing machines)?
1992/3, age 2. Sega Genesis. I spent many an evening in my early days jumping on the head of robots and an extremely fat man as a small, blue, humanoid Hedgehog.

Then I played Streets of Rage, Golden Axe and Shinobi and they were the most badass awesome thing ever.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
this is surprising? also, in that last bit, where was the psp, pspgo, and xbox360 in that survey?

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Amnestic said:
cainx10a said:
1992/3, age 2. Sega Genesis. I spent many an evening in my early days jumping on the head of robots and an extremely fat man as a small, blue, humanoid Hedgehog.

Then I played Streets of Rage, Golden Axe and Shinobi and they were the most badass awesome thing ever.
Can't say I was that young, started at around 7-8, with Prince of Persia, Commander Keen, Doom etc ... but point remains is the attitude of a lot of people in this thread is a little bit odd.

Aku_San said:
What's this? Pubescent boys want to play a violent shooter game? Not shocking at all, I say.
Pretty much this.

Misaek

Oct 28, 2008
I always wonder with the majority of people my age who play nothing but CoD and halo and just shout in the mic, will they always be like this? I mean I always wonder if for example they are in their twenties or thirties if someone trips them on the road will they shout "TEAM KILLING FAG!!!"

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
cainx10a said:
In regard to general gaming, I started at around the age of seven, I believe (not sure when I started more violent games, though).

And, yes, I think people need to quit overreacting; contrary to popular belief, younger people don't always spam their mics with high-pitched, squeaky voices.

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
A year ago this november, a friend and I had entered the local gamestop to pick up the recently released Gears of war 2. There was a boy, who could be no older than 6 or 7 begging his mother to purchase the game for him saying "all his friends were getting it". She conceded and bought him the game even after the cashier vouched for the game's gratuitous gore and violence. The mother old him that she didn't need his "hack" opinion on parenting and left the store. Truly, truly sad.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
Malygris said:
A separate, much smaller survey, meanwhile, found that people who use the word "tween" in regular conversation should be punched until they are no longer capable of making noise.
Does anybody know of a place where one could sign up to perform this valuable civil service.

OT: This pretty much tracks with what most sociologists have to say about violence. Specifically, testosterone kicks into high gear and encourages us to engage in violence (and to prefer it quite a bit more).

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
I'm not surprised that children love FPSs, eventually they will blame the game for such tragic events.