Survey: "Tweens" Want Modern Warfare 2 for Christmas

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
That's a shame. I'll have to deal with 11-13 year olds while playing MW2. I don't mind 14 and up as much.

targren

May 13, 2009
Who the hell cares?

"Survey says that kids want the popular, super-hyped upcoming game for Christmas."

In other news, water is still wet, time is still linear, and people on Xbox Live are still semi-retarded fucktards.

Oh no, it's rated M, but they want it anyway! Society is collapsing.

So don't buy it for them. When I was 8-14, I wanted a flame thrower. Mom and dad never got me one though. I never got over it...

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
kingcat1 said:
Good the rate system is terrible anyway let em play what them want
So six-year-olds should be exposed to the pointless death, fear, and pain that war brings?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Bets are that all the kids get CoD. It's not over the top violent so parents will cave in. Trust me, they will. The only reason my younger brother isn't whining his scrawny little lungs off is because he knows I'm getting it.

Anyway, back to the mute button and noob-killing for the christmas holidays then.

coldshadow

Mar 19, 2009
the rating ssytem needs more power, I hate it when I hear a little kid over the mic in my M rated games...lucky they mostly stick to cod and halo3, you know the games that its easy to kill people in (please dont flame me)

stiborge

Sep 23, 2009
MR T3D said:
^^suggestive lyrics, the odd 'shit' or 'fuck'
They don't say "shit" and "fuck" in the lyrics. They replace them wiht things like "Spit" or "forget."
OT: I don't see what the big deal is I played rated M games when I was 12.

Medic Heavy

Jul 4, 2008
Terazeal said:
Wow, this thread is just saturated with ageism. It's pretty disgusting. I mean, it's oozing everywhere...
What I wanted to say.

Like come on guys none of you played M rated games when you were to young to play them? I'm 14 and i'm just starting to play M rated games because of my older brother.

When I was younger I admit to being quite the litte brat, My parents would buy me M rated games and the shop keep's never really said anything or really cared.

In fact a few weeks ago at a local game stop I was buying 40$ in PSN points for fat princess and battlefield, when the man at the counter stated " Hey we've got a used copy of Fallout 3 collector's edition for the PS3 for only 20$!" I thought about how long i've being begging my parents to even try and rent fallout 3, but instead of picking it off the shelf and grabbing it I replied with, "To bad I'm under 18."
The game stop employee then responded with "...............oh yeah."

That aside, I'm shocked of the amount of younger kids that own copies of games that I'd do anything to get my grubby teenage hands on.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
kingcat1 said:
Good the rate system is terrible anyway let em play what them want
So six-year-olds should be exposed to the pointless death, fear, and pain that war brings?
Like any of those games actually shows war for the hell that it is instead of turning it into a cycle of spawn-kill-die-respawn-HIGH SCORE! instead of train-deploy-kill-die/be traumatized?

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Two points about the ERSB
1.Its way to easy to get around with parents buying their children the games anyways
2.Why is it that the people with the strict ERSB abiding parents are actualy the gamers that i wouldnt mind playing the games with (so many of my friends are not allowed to play anything remotely violent untill they move out of their houses, while 6 year olds on xbox live scream through their headset)

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
Ha! Stupid tweens! Not being able to afford it! Of course, I still have to wait a few hours after school(unless I can convince my mom to go at midnight) because of gamestops damn policy of needing to be 17 to get games, being 16 is thoroughly annoying in this aspect.

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
uhhh, 11-13 years olds want MW2...
seems to be a trend appearing. I have a sense of dread now. time to mute my headset in preparation.
My thought exactly... High pitched ear splitting rendition of (Insert Movie/Song)...

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
In my experience, it's not the age at which you start playing these games, it's how you learn to play them. For example, I started playing M-rated video games 15 years ago...at 4 years old. I never once became the person who screams incessantly into my headset and constantly demeans the game and other players.

In all honesty, I don't think the game itself necessarily brings out these unsavory qualities in others, but rather with how they were raised along with the people they hang out with. I know many younger kids who love to swear and walk all over authority, and those are the ones who you'll find in Halo 3 ruining the experience for everyone. However, there are still respectful kids out there; 9 year olds who not only respect the game, but respect their teammates. It always warms my heart to find myself playing Left 4 Dead with a younger kid who, while he doesn't always get the right idea, he never whines or swears.

I no longer hold much validity to the notion that "Well, they're too young to play these games anyway," because I simply don't believe that's true (and I feel like a hypocrite). I believe if these kids had better parenting and were really taught the difference between right and wrong; fantasy and reality, and most importantly, respectful and disrespectful, everyone would have a much better experience.

the cornflake

Jun 9, 2009
If the kids that are under 15 get MW2 this Christmas then i say shame on the parents for buying them what will be the most controversal game this year, and im going to hate having to listen to their whiney voices when im killing them too much on multiplayer.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
So...the moral of the story is that young boys like to play army and blow stuff up and break shit? It warms my heart to see that despite the best efforts of feminists and the PC police, they haven't managed to chop the balls completely off a generation of boys. Thank the gods.