Survivor 2299...Fallout or not? Video included!

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
Found something on Reddit, may be total crap but might not:

Some people have decoded it and got this; THE INSTITUTE IS SEALED. THEY WON'T HELP US I'M HEADING TO BLACK ROW. -TBNLS 5120-

Still doesn't seem to have decoded everything but it's something at least.

Also there was some new morse code today:

New Morse code is translated to; Calling all stations, this is overseer 119 emergency enemy unknown, Save our ship. Vault 119 Quabbin 7677 ii.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Hoax or not, it's a damn good effort. Certainly beats just saying "Yes, we're making another one of these" on some convention somewhere.

boradam said:
I kind of want it to be a really, really good hoax.

Like, a REALLY good one. Just to watch people flip the heck out... And also because a 50 year gap in the timeline is ridiculous, especially since Bethesda has it's idiotic "We can't go before the present timeline! No prequels! Suck it, fans of Fallout!" rule.
Well, the more... Vocal parts of Fallout fandom are not exactly endearing. If they even hinted at doing a prequel, those fans would explode, likely denouncing it as pollution of the pure, pre-F3 heresy lore. Of course, those fans will explode no matter what they do.

Billy D Williams

Jul 8, 2013
Stinovitch said:
KarmaTheAlligator said:
I have to say, this is all incredibly complicated, and just to elicit an interest in the game, too. What happened to the good old days where something was actually announced and we didn't have to get lucky enough to get a glimpse at those hints to even know it exists?
Wasn't that the point of the jimquisistion episode 2 or 3 weeks ago? Too much secrecy in the industry...
Anyway I hope it's indeed true, but I'm not going to be too excited, just in case it's fake...
Well, he was talking less about this and more about hiding things because they're afraid of telling gamers the truth. Assuming this is just a fun little game Bethesda's playing than there really is no harm done, its just fun way to get everyone excited and wondering what's going to happen, even Jim himself said that can be a great thing in that episode.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Nope, its going to be the release of the PipBoy wrist tablet.... with a Fallout android game to go with it. Just to piss all of you off.

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
22 year gap from the end of fallout 3 and 19 years after New Vegas. Just imagine what they could do with this time gap, new tech, we could see the expansion of the east coast brotherhood even farther, or even see if the Enclave Remnants ever did anything on the east coast. I personally like the gap.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
my god. If this is a hoax then i am not even going to be mad. Who ever did this just to mess with us deserves a prize for the hard work he or she put in to it. Though. hopefully, it's real and seeing how it has been hyped up it will hopefully come out soon seeing how most the marketing is already done on thesurvivor2299 or the trailers will make the last few who haven't heard follow.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
boradam said:
And also because a 50 year gap in the timeline is ridiculous, especially since Bethesda has it's idiotic "We can't go before the present timeline! No prequels! Suck it, fans of Fallout!" rule.
It's not that big of a jump. IIRC there was a good 80 years or more between Fallout 1 and 2.

fruitloops1555

Dec 3, 2013
Am I the only one that thinks that "the institute" might be the post war name for MIT? (Massachusetts INSTITUTE of technology) think about it advanced robotics like cyborgs and androids are technology which came from the institute which is supposed to be in the commonwealth the new England part of fallout so it all comes together nicely in my opinion

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
fruitloops1555 said:
Am I the only one that thinks that "the institute" might be the post war name for MIT? (Massachusetts INSTITUTE of technology) think about it advanced robotics like cyborgs and androids are technology which came from the institute which is supposed to be in the commonwealth the new England part of fallout so it all comes together nicely in my opinion
I think that's a given.

Seriously, slow clap to whoever made this. If it's actually related to F4 (which is extremely likely), this is the best ARG game announcement I've ever seen. If it isn't related to F4, this shows true dedication.
All hail Survivor 2299!

OpticalJunction

Jul 1, 2011
To reiterate everyone else's statements, this is a pretty impressive hoax if it is a hoax. I hope not though. December 7th is only a few days away, so we'll know soon enough either way.