SWAT Raids Counter-Strike Player Live on Twitch

IanDavis

Blue Blaze Irregular 1st Class
Aug 18, 2012
SWAT Raids Counter-Strike Player Live on Twitch

Having the cops show up is an acceptable reason to go AFK.

Beyond just gaming, the ubiquitous Twitch stream captures all the mundane bits of life that go on around it. In this case, it caught a player getting raided by the police.

During a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive match, streamer [a href=http://www.twitch.tv/n0thingtv/profile]Jordan Gilbert[/a] had to deal with an actual counter-terrorist rush when a SWAT team raided his house.

Apparently, Gilbert, AKA n0thing, was on the receiving end of a fake police tip, also known as swatting. In the brief clip, you can see the SWAT team, armed with weapons familiar to any CS player, bust into his room, as a huge "TERRORIST WIN" message displays on his screen. Meanwhile, his teammates complain about Gilbert being AFK.

You can watch the [a href=http://www.twitch.tv/n0thingtv/b/546339164]full stream[/a] for context. At 1:39, you see Gilbert ditches his headphones and runs out of the room. At 1:56, he returns and informs his audience that everything's ok, and he has "a good understanding with the police station now."

Source: [a href=http://www.twitch.tv/n0thingtv/b/546339164]Twitch[/a] via [a href=http://kotaku.com/cops-raid-gamer-live-on-twitch-1603358734]Kotaku[/a]

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
If only I had the power to summon SWAT teams to the houses of my online opponents when I'm losing....

Vareoth

Mar 14, 2012
I hope the idiot who called was dumb enough to use a traceable phone number. Let the SWAT pay him a visit.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
I really hate these assholes who do this to people. Its a waste on everyone. What about the people who really need SWAT?

Anyone who performs swating deserves to be kicked in the balls for being a waste to humanity :/

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
One of these days, someone is going to get killed because of this. Seriously, how much of a butthurt piece of shit do you have to be to call the fucking SWAT team on someone who's beating you at a video game... And then people wonder why law enforcement treats everyone as a criminal first and a citizen later. It's because of dumbass kids pulling this kind of shit. People who do this bullshit should be charged with attempted murder because that's essentially what it is.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
A fine for doing this kind of stuff should be freakin' massive. What kind of moron does something like this? The US police is already notorious for shooting first and asking questions later, it's almost a miracle that no one got hurt. On top of that you're forcing them to waste resources on a bogus call when somebody out there might actually need a SWAT team.

Commander Obvious

Jun 2, 2013
Th37thTrump3t said:
One of these days, someone is going to get killed because of this. Seriously, how much of a butthurt piece of shit do you have to be to call the fucking SWAT team on someone who's beating you at a video game... And then people wonder why law enforcement treats everyone as a criminal first and a citizen later. It's because of dumbass kids pulling this kind of shit. People who do this bullshit should be charged with attempted murder because that's essentially what it is.
People have already been killed by this sort of thing.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Th37thTrump3t said:
Was it specifically because of the game, though?

In any case, you don't do that, yeah. However, there's plenty of cases where SWAT just hits the wrong house, and random innocents get beaten up or burnt by flashbangs.

Not long ago SWAT tossed a flashbang into a crib where a baby was sleeping during a raid.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
IanDavis said:
In the brief clip, you can see the SWAT team, armed with weapons familiar to any CS player, bust into his room, as a huge "TERRORIST WIN" message displays on his screen.
As bad the whole situation is for the guy and how much the guy that did the call deserves punishment - THAT coincidence there is kinda funny.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Ah swatting, the only prank more funny and harmless than the old lighting your friends house on fire while he sleeps prank.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
Th37thTrump3t said:
People who do this bullshit should be charged with attempted murder because that's essentially what it is.
Agreed wholeheartedly.

It's deliberately manufacturing a situation where armed, nervous men smash down an innocents door and charge in. When SWAT raids go bad, people fucking die. Maybe the person who got "swatted" because he was holding something that sorta kinda looked like a gun, maybe one of the officers because they didn't identify themselves as cops and someone in the house had a very understandable reaction to armed people breaking in and went for a gun.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
kajinking said:
Ah swatting, the only prank more funny and harmless than the old lighting your friends house on fire while he sleeps prank.

STOP GIVING PEOPLE IDEAS.

You know if this take off it's al your fault.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
One thing is when 4chan raids someone and orders pay-on-delivery pizza to someone's house... another is making false accusations that send in armed police to someone's house. I mean, damn.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Th37thTrump3t said:

In any case, you don't do that, yeah. However, there's plenty of cases where SWAT just hits the wrong house, and random innocents get beaten up or burnt by flashbangs.
The kid who did it went and bragged about it on Twitter.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I know this is going to be pretty dam harsh coming from me but why are these people allowed to breath the air we breathe?, I mean they are useless sacks of shit that do this out of losing a mere video game or for complete shits and giggles which by then is dark anyway, they won't learn their lesson because they will always try to find another way or another reason to become a chode, hell most of 4chan thinks it's great to do this an encourages countless ideas, this whole swatting certainly wasn't a thing during the early days of gaming, not even most of last gen since it seems to be becoming sadly more common now.

What needs to happen is the people who do this are to be tracked down, beaten to such a bloody pulp that they won't ever want to step out of line again, also ban them from technology in general, let them live being a hermit for the rest of their pathetic worthless lives, as far as I can see the people that pull that shit are worthless scum.

I'm also going to be that guy and say part of this is because of shitty upbringings, I mean who does this shit and lives a perfectly well disciplined life?, certainly not the guys pulling this.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Th37thTrump3t said:
thaluikhain said:
Th37thTrump3t said:

The kid who did it went and bragged about it on Twitter.
...is there an equivalent of the Darwin Awards for stupid criminals? Because I think that guy wins all of the awards. ALL OF THEM.

OT: Why is this even a thing? A prank pizza call I get, but sending a team of highly trained officers with deadly weapons is not a joke anymore!

zalithar

Apr 22, 2013
Gearhead mk2 said:
...is there an equivalent of the Darwin Awards for stupid criminals? Because I think that guy wins all of the awards. ALL OF THEM.
Not quite, a few of them have to be left to the guy who robbed a place and checked his Facebook profile at THE SCENE OF THE CRIME and didn't even close the browser window before he left.