Swimming Pools And More Are Coming as Free DLC For The Sims 4

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
On the one hand, hating on EA is old hat.

On the other hand, I can't make myself believe that they made this decision for any other reason than to stifle the outcries, whether it was planned ahead or only decided after the launch was received so poorly.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
marioandsonic said:
Oh what a shock, EA withheld features so it can be bought as DLC. What a bunch of money-grubbing--

Wait..."free"? You mean it's DLC...for free?

But...but it's EA.

EA...giving DLC...for free?!

DOES NOT COMPUTE
DOES NOT COMPUTE
DOES NOT COMPUTE
Its more a case of 'EA were going to make you pay for DLC, but saw the poor sales/bad reputation from the fact the features should have been included, and are rushing to fix things after the fact'.

Also see: Mass Effect 3 'Directors Cut Ending' DLC.

Also see: SimCity free game for the balls up of the release.
-Note: This seemed to be more of marketing thing to encourage people to buy games.

Also see: SimCity 'impossible' offline mode their adding in.

Basically, EA pretending as usual not to be evil.

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
Pyramid Head said:
If they had the patches almost complete, why didn't they just delay the release until the full vanilla game was complete? Did EA really earn more or save on development time by pushing an unfinished product out? Making it part of free patches rather than paid DLC isn't going to buy back the good will they lost, and i'm still convinced the original plan WAS to charge for the items.
Ever heard of a budget? They were focusing on the new features like emotions and multitasking to make work as nice as they can. Pools and other cut features meant more money bled into development which means more budget being burned. More budget being burned means you run the risk of going over the prescribed budget which will upset your publisher as they are forced to delay the game which means more money being lost and the expectations shot up even higher on every side.

And I loved the open world featured but boy did it lagged later on.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:
Well, at least it's free, right?
Yeah, you'd think so. Even if it's just damage control because they underestimated the backlash for not including those features, at least they're correcting that. They done good.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
So if EA was going to do this originally, why bit just add it to the base game and delay release? If they weren't going to do this originally, then the content was surgery never coming or originally behind a paywall. Either way is a sign that The Sims and Maxis need to die.