Switzerland might make incest legal.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Pedophilia harms no one, but that is a matter for another means of discussion.
Necrophilia, if not going by the "We were lovers" argument, disturbs the deceased.

Actually, quite a bit of(hard to find) research actually suggests Pedophilia is a orientation, not an illness, disability, ect. Yet, I do not see you as a "good person" since good is subjective.(no offense, I just function by Gray and Gray morality)

Correct, fantasy harms no one, it is acting upon said thoughts that appears to spark the issues, yet I have no plan to do such.

Yet I plan though to lead a change in reforming AoC laws, so such relationships can exist peacefully but once again, wrong place to discuss such a matter.

Though it seems you have little understanding to what Pedophilia *is*, though I do not blame you.

OT: Incest needs to be legal, no good criminalizing those who have done something that brings no harm to others.
Paedophilia - understood as the mere attraction to prepubescent persons - harms no one in itself, but it's a fantasy about doing something that's harmful to others, and thus something ignoble which is bound to cause a subjective dislike amongst the vast majority of people.

Publicly admitting to such repulsive wants does not and should not have any penal consequences, but it will have social consequences, and since everyone is free to choose whom they associate with based on their own subjective preferences, rightly so.

As for changing AoC laws (i.e. a move towards actually realizing that want), such thankfully does not have any feasible chance of ever coming about, nor should it. While something Freudian like child sexuality might well exist, it should never be mixed with adult sexuality, there's inherently a difference of power, ability, experience, physical and mental maturity, and overall an imbalance and incompatibility which for all practical purposes makes such relationships harmful.

You are correct that paedophilia in itself is nothing but an inclination, but it is an inclination towards something which is not merely (subjectively) unpleasant - as incest or to a few even homosexuality is - but (objectively) harmful. Acceptance of plurality extends only to harm.

The empirical material suggesting that children are psychologically harmed by such relations is vast (whereas there's none on gay or indeed incestual relationships), so burden of proof that it could not be would now rest firmly on the shoulders of those who wish to legalize it. And even if such a single case was in fact proven, a utilitarian weighing of whether the law should protect millions of children or give a carte blance which incredibly few - if any - couplings could utilize without inherent harm while millions would suffer would still have to be made.

You have vast burden of proof to lift to reasonably alter the law, and will never get to decide what people feel - and are allowed to feel - on the subject. It's a lost cause, and one which should be lost.

Simiathan said:
P.S.- Do not compare your "plight" (it sickens me to call it that) to that of the homosexuals. You can not indefinitely stop adults from engaging in relations with other adults. Eventually, reason will win over. "Adult" Relationships between adults and children will never be accepted.
Agreed, not only does it potentially hurt their cause, they're conceptually on different sides of the harm principle (when realized), and thus there's no valid comparison to be made. Not being able to realize harm is hardly a pligt.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Considering that we live in a world where it's pretty easy to get access to sperm and egg donors, adoptions or surrogacy, I genuinely don't see a problem with it, especially since a lot of incestuous couples probably weren't raised together. A lot of incidents have occurred where people have met and dated people they were related to when they had no possible way of knowing they were relatives. They might have been adopted into different families, or have the same father and not know it. These things happen.

There's plenty of ways for these couples to have children without both partners being involved, since incest does result in higher incidence of medical problem. I see no reason why they can't be together, as long as they're aware of the risks and take steps to prevent anything being passed to their kids.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
huh.
pls dont have kids.
but since when do people ever have kids when they clearly shouldn't?

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
nathan-dts said:
YukoValis said:
interesting..
http://www.thestatesman.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=352040&catid=37

I honestly believe between two adults if consent is given from each, and you don't physically harm another person it should be ok.. situation pending of course. but that's my opinion. What about everyone else here?
I'm sorry but your opinion is wrong. Incest makes children with genetic defects and that isn't fair to the child.
It's not just my opinion, genetic defects would only be likely after 2-3 generations of inbreeding. The first time as long as the cycle is broken after has a low chance of it. It's just like cloning. You are working with the same genetic material and the first time there is little degeneration, but if you keep using it over and over again that's when the defects appear. Two people having a kid has the exact same chance of defects if they are related or not. It doesn't make sense that it would be any different.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Generic Gamer said:
Imperator_DK said:
When did sex equal procreation in modern times?

There's plenty of contraception methods available, sterilisation, birth control pills, and condoms to name a few, as well as copious sex acts which can't result in pregnancy. Furthermore there's the access to abortion.

Just outlaw the procreation. Or vaginal intercourse if strict. It's not like the law has any actual effect when there isn't a child to prove the sexual relation anyway.
If they didn't why do gay people care about the right to adopt?
I think that's the answer. Adoption!

Everybody wins, right? Kids get adopted, adults have their way, and all of that without any flipper babies!

Charisma

Oct 28, 2008
LOL incest. i have a few opinions on incest.

but it seems there are already 14 pages of them, so i'll just say i think it's a bad idea.