Syndicate Gameplay Trailer Turns Up the Heat

TripleDaddy

Mar 17, 2010
I have to admit that the music took me, however briefly, to my happy place.

Now if only the Agent had opened his trench coat and whipped out a minigun...

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
I get that the setting may be similar to Deus Ex (judging by the trailers, I never played either game) but they don't even seem to try to differentiate a bit. This is basically a trailer for DE:HR complete with a guy with induced suicide, abstract shapes swirling around, general theme and even the girl at the end holding the guns looks like the girl from the DE:HR trailer, and both girls are dual wielding guns. All it lacks is the yellow. Hmm.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Irridium said:
Wait, Starbreeze is developing this?

Like, developer of The Darkness Sarbreeze?

My interest has been piqued.
As in "Escape from Butcher Bay" Starbreeze. The game that was better than both Riddick Movies combined?

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
Looks okay, but there's one thing I want to know; can we run around using the Persuadertron on every single fucker we see to build ourselves an army of human shields?

poleboy

May 19, 2008
The trailer sells it well. I gotta admit the part where he jumped on a guy, pushed him over the stairs and (supposedly) landed on him looked extremely cool and fun. And yeah, it looks a lot like Deus Ex. But it's not like the original Deus Ex and the original Syndicate were miles apart in terms of story and setting.

JohnDoey

Jun 30, 2009
Zanez said:
basm321 said:
Ser Imp said:
Was I just put through the Persuadertron?
That looks an awful lot like Deus Ex: HR (the dude even has a trench coat).
Syndicate has trench coats LONG before deus ex. It wouldn't BE syndicate without trench coats.

I was just persuaded. That was a fantastic trailer. Seeing persuadatron at work, flamer in action and it really looks like they got the setting right.
Looks fantastic.
I don't understand why are saying its a rip off do they think deus ex was the first dark scfi thriller featuring trench coats, shadowy organizations a evil corporations?

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
honestly this trailer makes the game look pretty good reminds me a lot of DX:HR but that isn't a bad thing in my book, I'll wait for more info to come out on this game but I'll say its in my keep a eye on lost.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I kinda think the tagline should be "Nothing personal; just good business", but otherwise, not looking too bad. Still, the entire premise revolves around shooting people with guns, as if I can't do that anywhere else, so I'm not convinced in the slightest.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
Fucking dubstep.
Otherwise it looks okay.
Skrillex isn't dubstep it's closer to industrial / house then anything. Dubstep has alot of bass and wub wub wub abuse.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
azzxl said:
Zanez said:
basm321 said:
Ser Imp said:
Was I just put through the Persuadertron?
That looks an awful lot like Deus Ex: HR (the dude even has a trench coat).
Syndicate has trench coats LONG before deus ex. It wouldn't BE syndicate without trench coats.

I was just persuaded. That was a fantastic trailer. Seeing persuadatron at work, flamer in action and it really looks like they got the setting right.
Looks fantastic.
I don't understand why are saying its a rip off do they think deus ex was the first dark scfi thriller featuring trench coats, shadowy organizations a evil corporations?
Recall that Syndicate came out in '93. A good portion of gamers today have probably never heard of it. I mean, if I were to say I'm playing Sword of the Samurai, would you think I was talking about the 1983 action and strategy DOS game, or the European 2003 release of Kengo 2?

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Syndicate and Cartel should swap names. That'd fix a lot of problems right there.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Ooh, looky here a new shooter. Nice to meet you too.
But seriously, If I want to play a good shooter I rather go for Mass Effect, thanks for asking. Why not name yourself "Call of Duty: Battlefied 2069" and all those "shooter enthusiasts" would probably throw wads of money at you. But this isn't Syndicate, at least not the Syndicate I remember playing when I was a kid... Just be a good boy and try again just to make daddy and the corporation proud...

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
Uhm ... excuse me if I'm about as excited as a macaque in a hot spring. This looks like any other bland sci-fi shooter, and neither is it original in that it is based off a retro franchise that evokes nostalgia in a generation of gamers.

Syndicate was about squad managment and quick decision-making. It was also about sacrificing squadmembers for the mission and replacing them, as well as some minor economy managment between missions.

I understand that this game is simply in the same setting, but why now? Reviving a 10+ yo franchise for some free hype?

I mean, creating your very own hard-boiled cyberpunk setting takes about half-an-hour with a pen and paper -- the clichés and framework are so incredibly genre-specific that it's easy as pie.

And if it somehow should tie in with the original Syndicate, why a generic shooter?

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
Turn off music, watch it.

The gameplay it contains seems to be standard FPS. Not that I mind, mind you, but they'll have to do better than that to impress me.

Also - EA, I hope they plan to remove Origin for this one.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
TheDooD said:
hazabaza1 said:
Fucking dubstep.
Otherwise it looks okay.
Skrillex isn't dubstep it's closer to industrial / house then anything. Dubstep has alot of bass and wub wub wub abuse.
Bah, sounds all the same to me.
Grumble, grumble, kids these days, grumble.