Taco Bell: Cool Ranch Doritos Tacos are Coming

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Taco Bell: Cool Ranch Doritos Tacos are Coming

Wipe the drool off your keyboard, please.

Let's be honest here: When Taco Bell introduced nacho cheese Doritos shells for its tacos, it was probably the greatest idea in the history of fast food. Sure, the shells are a bit thin, and seem to break easier than the standard corn-based receptacles, but they are mighty tasty and that's what matters. Now, rather than rest on its orange powder-covered laurels, the company is switching it up and bringing Cool Ranch tacos to the menu as well.

Speaking with CBS, Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed dangled the news by a string, stating "We've got Cool Ranch. That's coming. That's my tease," before going on to praise Doritos owners Frito-Lay for their help in refreshing Taco Bell's menu.

While Creed's hints aren't akin to an official announcement or launch date, we hope to be hearing more about the tasty treats in the near future. It's worth noting that Taco Bell has produced a Super Bowl ad for this year's big game, so we wouldn't be surprised if the company used it as an opportunity to show the world just what it has in store.

Source: CBS [http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57566422/taco-bell-ceo-cool-ranch-tacos-on-the-way/]

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
So what you're saying here is that Taco Bell is set to win the Franchise Wars [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demolition_Man_(film)]?

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I thought this was going to be a spoof article refencing that journalist who did his stuff with a massive doritos advert

Clearly the mistake was paying the guy to do it =D

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Why am I looking at a tacobell ad on the news section of a game site?

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I hope this turns out good. The nacho cheese flavored ones just taste like a regular taco to me. They have less flavor powder than on the regular chips, and the nacho cheese flavor itself just kind of blends with the cheese and taco seasoning, just kind of more of the same. Plus, they cost /way/ more than a regular hard taco, despite not being all that different. Cool Ranch is a really different flavor, so hopefully these will be good. Because I love the idea, it's the execution that was lacking.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
MikeWehner said:
Wipe the drool off your keyboard, please.
Pfft. Last time I ate Taco Bell, I got the worst food poisoning I've ever had in my entire life. Safe to say I'm never eating that shit again.

Although I am quite confused why this is news on the Escapist.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I still think the whole Doritos Tacos is a stupid idea.

And as much as I like Cool Ranch, I'm not going to eat that since I've had bad luck with Taco Bell.

Worst food poisoning I've ever had, and their food is terrible. Filibertos is where it's at.

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
I'm sorry, but this is by far most delicious thing I've read online today, so I felt the need to relay that news on to you, my treasured readers.

Listen, here's the thing: Of course we write about game news. That's the bread and butter of the news section, for very obvious reasons. But we also like to offer offbeat, odd, funny, and TASTY news tidbits that don't necessarily involve gaming. Like the sharks making a mall breakout, and the cannon found in central park loaded and ready to fire.

These are the types of stories we like to read ourselves, so every once in a while we relay them to you folks. You can always count on us for gaming news, and if that's all you're here for, you're going to be just fine since that's pretty much 95% of what we cover. But in the event that a wild animal with sharp teeth makes a scene in a public place, a loaded antique weapon is found in a major city, or everyone's favorite 2AM restaurant adds COOL RANCH TACO SHELLS, there's a good chance we're going to let you know about that, too.

<3

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
BrotherRool said:
I thought this was going to be a spoof article refencing that journalist who did his stuff with a massive doritos advert
In a weird reversal of roles this is actually being sponsored by Halo :p

EDIT

Damn it quoted the wrong post. Sorry my bad.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
MikeWehner said:

But this is mainly because I'm British and therefore cannot sample this apparently tasty combination. I can't comment on Taco Bell's quality, because there are only 3 in the UK and none of them are near me.

However, I like Tacos and I like Cool Original Doritos. So you've successfully made me hungry.

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
But this is mainly because I'm British and therefore cannot sample this apparently tasty combination. I can't comment on Taco Bell's quality, because there are only 3 in the UK and none of them are near me.

However, I like Tacos and I like Cool Original Doritos. So you've successfully made me hungry.
...3 Taco Bells in the entire country? I live in a small town in Wisconsin with less than 50,000 people, and we have 2. We have 2/3 of your entire country's Taco Bell allowance, and we barely have our own police force. I don't know if that's good or bad, but it's true.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
MikeWehner said:
Andy Shandy said:

...3 Taco Bells in the entire country? I live in a small town in Wisconsin with less than 50,000 people, and we have 2. We have 2/3 of your entire country's Taco Bell allowance, and we barely have our own police force. I don't know if that's good or bad, but it's true.
Yep, only 3, and they're all down England, none up here in Scotland. According to the Taco Bell UK website anyway, two of them are in Essex and one in Manchester.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
MikeWehner said:
Cool ranch is mediocre at best, it would clash (in my opinion at least) with a taco, and honestly, I'd like less of this:
DVS BSTrD said:
http://vortexeffect.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/geoffkeighley.png?w=580&h=328
Food news doesn't belong on a gaming news site.