Taco News - McDonald's Claims Szechuan Sauce Shortage was Social Experiment

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Taco News - McDonald's Claims Szechuan Sauce Shortage was Social Experiment

"You give me internet access and I'll write whatever the heck you want me to." -Alex Devine

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1426/1426732.jpgEarlier in October, McDonald's decided to do the impossible; listen to the fans. The sizzling Szechuan sauce, used as a one-off joke in the hit series Rick and Morty would be brought back for one day at select locations. However, when the day came, the sauce was short, tempers were high, and cops were called. As it turns out, the entire event was described as a 'social experiment' by a higher-up in the franchise.

"We wanted to know how people would handle shortages. Literally, the sauce is just RECIPE REMOVED FOR LEGAL REASONS, I never expected people to like it that much. This just shows how the world's taste buds are going down the toilet. Personally, I blame all the processed corn and not the wonderful, juicy taste of the Big Mac," said Head of Corporate Affairs John McDean.

"We purposely made a low amount of the sauce not only to increase the demand but also to observe how people react. All of our locations offering the sauce had our research team disguised as workers recording their observations and findings. We saw many people pay ridiculous amounts of money for a small serving of the sauce, one person even tried to sell their soul to us for some. I can safely say that this experiment showed us the worst in humanity."

Not ones to settle for disappointing millions worldwide just once, corporate plans to revisit the experiment under the pretense of doing it better next time. Be on the lookout for more Szechuan shenanigans as the holidays draw near.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Little late in the year for April Fools.

If you want Szechuan anything, go to the proper places. Not McDonalds.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Just wanna say that this was so believable, you actually fooled one of my friends with this. I don't know what that says about the world these days.

srpilha

Dec 24, 2008
Good thing Yahtzee hasn't left the site yet, eh? Because holy crap, if you guys had to keep a viewership with this kind of material.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Is this the first instance of Taco news underselling the truth for comedic effect... I like it. Also, "Szechuan shenanigans?" That's some awfully amazing artful alliteration. I didn't think I wanted Szechuan on my Taco. Was I wrong?

Jeroenr

Nov 20, 2013
So social experiment is the new word for botched up publicity stunt now.

Then again, we are still talking about it and not a burger less was sold because of it.(maybe even more)

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Jeroenr said:

Then again, we are still talking about it and not a burger less was sold because of it.(maybe even more)
Don't take the article seriously. Taco News is made up nonsense intended to be satirical, kind of like The Onion.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Real talk, does anyone have any reason for caring about this sauce other than Rick talking about it?

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010

Are upper management in the McDonalds corporation required to have their last names changed to add the "Mc" part, or do they only promote those with the name already?

For that matter, do only clowns, jesters and flouns, or those that can provide evidence of such ancestry, make it to the upper echelons of one of the most powerful of restaurant chains?

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
This is Taco News alright.
*Googles Szechuan Sauce out of curiosity.*
I had no idea so many websites relied on Taco News these days.
Still I have no interest in eating at McDonald's.

Jeroenr

Nov 20, 2013
Chimpzy said:
Jeroenr said:

Don't take the article seriously. Taco News is made up nonsense intended to be satirical, kind of like The Onion.
yeah i got that. but i woulded put it past them to try and use this excuus.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Hey, just hold off until the McDonalds psychoanalysis institute publishes the findings in the McJournal of medicine newsletter.