Take a Look at the Stylish Shank

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
14,499
0
0
Take a Look at the Stylish Shank

[gametrailers=55491]

A gameplay trailer for Shank, a stylish side-scrolling beat-em-up, was recently shown at PAX 2009.

Shank is a stylish, violent side-scroller in development by Klei Entertainment, creators of PC and XBLA Incredible Machine mixed with Lemmings mash-up, Eets [http://www.eetsgame.com/news/index.php]. Shank's first lengthy gameplay trailer was just released at PAX 2009.

The game looks like a mix between Double Dragon and Madworld, all done in a vibrant comic-book style. Shank's main character, aptly named Shank, will tear his way through legions of enemies using weapons such as his trusty knife, chainsaw, shotgun, and dual-wielded pistols. Considering that this is one of the game's first trailers, it looks very smooth and incredibly fun. The murderous ground and air combos Shank can perform, while the camera zooms in and out and time slows down, are particularly enthralling.

Though Shank does not appear to have been announced for any particular platforms yet, I'd be surprised if it didn't hit both XBLA and PC. Check out Shank's offical blog at http://shankgame.com/ [http://shankgame.com/].

Via: Indie Games Blog [http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2009/09/trailer_shank_klei_entertainme.html]

Permalink
 

ChromeAlchemist

New member
Aug 21, 2008
5,865
0
0
Yeah It's bloody awesome looking ain't it? The shanking is pretty brutal, it's just madness incarnate. I'm going to have to take a closer look at this once it's released.
 

Halfbreed13

New member
Apr 21, 2009
1,066
0
0
When I first saw this I was like SCHWEET
Now I am more like SCHWEET JIZZ IN MAH PANTS
Also, the GT video stated it was for PC. kekeke
 

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
1,778
0
0
Halfbreed13 said:
When I first saw this I was like SCHWEET
Now I am more like SCHWEET JIZZ IN MAH PANTS
I think i nergasmed too, DAMM its looks good!
 

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
14,499
0
0
Cool. I think there is only one problem; it seems like this game promotes voilence with chainsaws against poeple named "Brock"
 

Halfbreed13

New member
Apr 21, 2009
1,066
0
0
Ranooth said:
Halfbreed13 said:
When I first saw this I was like SCHWEET
Now I am more like SCHWEET JIZZ IN MAH PANTS
I think i nergasmed too, DAMM its looks good!
My only concerns are these. 1. Why does everyone just stand there rather than, you know, fighting against the guy with the chainsaw?
2. Will there be more of those sweet sweet parkour tricks we saw in multiple levels?
 

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
5,134
0
0
... Huh. That looks VERY entertaining. I smell a rare occurrence coming on... one of the kind where I actually purchase something from the huge pile of excrement that is XBLA.
 

hansari

New member
May 31, 2009
1,256
0
0
ChromeAlchemist said:
I'm going to have to take a closer look at this once it's released.
Upon taking a closer look, the man carries in his possession 2 knives, a chainsaw, 2 pistols, a shotgun, and grenades.

And yet at the end of the video he uses his fists...wtf?
 

ChromeAlchemist

New member
Aug 21, 2008
5,865
0
0
hansari said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
I'm going to have to take a closer look at this once it's released.
Upon taking a closer look, the man carries in his possession 2 knives, a chainsaw, 2 pistols, a shotgun, and grenades.

And yet at the end of the video he uses his fists...wtf?
The way he wields the chainsaw is what I love.
 

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
5,202
0
0
Looks like a neat side-scroller. I'm a sucker for these, so I'll be grabbing it.
 

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
14,499
0
0
....XIII anyone?
Sorry, but side scrolling cell-shaded games just seem a backwards step for gaming. Reminds me too much of Aladdin on the SNES.
The combos did look pretty ace though.
 

Ghost8585

New member
Jul 21, 2009
233
0
0
Pointless overdone violence for the sake of it? It will fit right in on the Xbox then.
 

AvsJoe

New member
May 28, 2009
9,055
0
0
Dood, yes! I am gonna be all over that game! For the love of God, don't show this game to Mr. Thompson.
 

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
2,438
0
0
IdealistCommi said:
Cool. I think there is only one problem; it seems like this game promotes voilence with chainsaws against poeple named "Brock"
I noticed that too, then my other thought was, "Hooray! I get to play Brock Sampson from Venture Bros." Ok so his names not Brock, but it looks about the same.