Take a Look at the Stylish Shank

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
scotth266 said:
Looks like a neat side-scroller. I'm a sucker for these, so I'll be grabbing it.
You too, eh? And here I thought they didn't make 'em like this anymore...

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
I'm going to go ahead and say what everyone on this forum is thinking. It just looks like an overly-brutally violent beat em up sidescroller. The violence really seems to be it's main selling point. No exploration, no mental challenge whatsoever, just violent brutal bloodletting.
This type of thing has been done to death. The plot seems non-existant and the gameplay I can guarantee will become tiresome once you finish the first level (most likely sooner).
Way to appeal to the annoying, subhuman intelligence of the frat-boy generation XBLA!

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
dragonburner said:
PLEASE hit PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would pay $30 for this on psn.
Maybe not 30 quid but I would fork over some cash for this beauty. Looks brilliant

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
looks pretty sweet! Though I'm slightly concerned that some parts look a little like Assassin's Creed... with the stylish platforming, but also with the "oh I'm just gonna stand here while all my comrades get mushed to bits..." enemy AI.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Wow, that is some seriously fluid ultraviolence =P I liked how there looked to be some actual tissue resistance when he was chainsawing a 'Brock' in half vertically...

Du Jour Jaricho

Aug 10, 2009
I don't understand what you mean by ultra-violence...The only graphic part about it was the blood spatters, albeit there was a lot of it. Maybe it would be by the standards of years ago, but now we have games like Madworld. (Hell, even Mortal Kombat had you pulling peoples heads off along with their spine) Really, what I'm sold on here is the very fluent looking combat and the nice rustic scenery...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I can't nerdgasm on this, simply because it's not nerdy, but my balls did explode because of the sheer amount of awesome in that game. PSN, XBLA or PC, I don't care since I got all of them, I just want it and I want it now. It looks incredibly smooth with brilliant graphics (I love that comic style so so much) and brutal combo's. It looks like a fantastic game to play after a tough day at work.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
The old beat-em ups are comming back! It's an old style that I missed soo much. I also miss the shooters. The 2D Contra-like shooters were a great memory.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
That looks awesome. I know I'll buy this as soon as it come outs.

[sup]Now I can shiv someone and not go to jail. :][/sup]

dragonburner

Feb 21, 2009
Torque669 said:
dragonburner said:
PLEASE hit PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would pay $30 for this on psn.
Maybe not 30 quid but I would fork over some cash for this beauty. Looks brilliant
When he shot that guy while in the air... Damn!