Take a Peek at New TV Wonder Woman's Boobalicious Duds

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Take a Peek at New TV Wonder Woman's Boobalicious Duds

Wonder Woman is returning to television in a shiny new spandex costume.

The new Wonder Woman television show coming to NBC first sounded anything but [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107189-Wonder-Woman-Lassos-New-TV-Show-After-All]. Described as a "slightly goofy comedy-drama ... packed with Girl Power pop-songs," our first look at Adrianne Palicki in her Wonder Woman costume seems to echo the lighthearted tone.

Palicki's costume is similar to the way Wonder Woman looks in comic books, but she wears bright, solid blue pants and blue boots with gold trim. Instead of the sometimes-used golden "W"s adorning Wonder Woman's chest, the television show's costume designers went with a golden bird. Palicki also has a golden lasso on her hip (which is looking pretty weak), a golden headband, and silver wristbands for deflecting bullets.

It's tough to judge whether it works or not because the only available shot of Palicki isn't in context of the show. The costume doesn't look like it'd be very effective in a fight against thugs wielding spiked bats though. Then again, it's a pretty traditional Wonder Woman look and she's done just fine for herself over the 7 decades since she first appeared in the 1940s. I definitely don't think you can give a yay or a nay to a television show by a single costume shot, so we should probably wait until the pilot is released to make a decision.

Source: Hollywood Reporter [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/adrianne-palicki-as-wonder-woman-169219]

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Man! Ain't it gonna be fun watching DC fans foaming in their mouths! :D

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Oh wow, it actually made me laugh and cringe at the same time. What the fuck is wrong with this show? Add it to the pile of reasons the show is going to be an absolute trainwreck.

Still, stonking great tits at least, despite being obviously deceptive...

I've seen cosplays of Wonder Woman better than this, you know somebody hasn't done their job when I can say that.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Having finally managed to force myself to look away from certain areas I couldn't help but feel the full blue spandex trousers don't really work, at least in my opinion. Admittedly I dunno what would be a good alternative, but even still, it just doesn't seem to work.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
!

She was in Supernatural (albeit briefly).

Now I'm a little bit interested, though not much. It is still only Wonder Woman.

Apr 25, 2009
Boobies :3

I know nothing about Wonder Woman (and most super heroes in general) so I can't go all fanboy-ragey and pick out the flaws in her costume and the undermining of the SERIOUSNESS of the series... I'm too busy checking out the gorgeous babe they found to play her!! :D

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
FogHornG36 said:
This looks like something they sell at Spencers....
I know right, I thought for a moment the picture was the picture of a halloween costume. Though I have to be honest, I never expected the costume to look very good. It was either going to be very revealing or just look really bad.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
Apparently the red and blue didn't shout AMERICA! loud enough, they had to add the eagle to make sure you get it.

As an outsider looking in, America is so hilariously nationalistic. I mean yeah you've got your obvious state sponsored brainwashing with the pledge and all but damn, even your comic characters can't escape.

Anyway, I'll watch the first episodes for s&g's but I'm not exactly expecting The Dark Knight here.

Edited in a followup post, ie the eagle is part of the original costume.
I'm sorry, the way the article was worded made it seem like the eagle was a recent addition rather than one from a choice of options, one of which was the eagle. I apologise for the strong inference of irrational national pride and substitute it for a weak one. Tone down my first sentence to;

Of the options available, they had to choose the eagle that has obvious links to American nationalism.

As for the look of the character, according to the (good?) women of whatever the hell that board was (females on female game characters?) sexy isn't bad my (good?) man.

How often do you notice if a bloke in a game or TV programme is handsome? I'm betting not often, unless it's on your mind for whatever reason (I am assuming you're a hetero male btw). Would it not be likely the assumption that the same could be said of hetero female gamers on female characters is true? (assuming there is slightly more to the character than pure sex appeal of course)

It turns out that we geeky men get more fucked off about needlessly sexy female characters, out of a sense of attempted manipulation, than most geeky women do.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
My guess is that they realised at a meeting that the show was shit and just thought "Fuck it, get some tits in there and it'll be fine".

To be honest, it's just as awful as the traditional one. which is pretty damned bad.

May 5, 2010
Just_A_Glitch said:
!

Now I'm a little bit interested, though not much. It is still only Wonder Woman.
Really? Who was she?

(That show is far better then this one will be.)

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Just_A_Glitch said:
!

Really? Who was she?

(That show is far better then this one will be.)
She was Sam's girlfriend Jessica.

She dies in the first episode in similar fashion to their mother. After that, she makes sporadic appearances in flashbacks.

I love Supernatural. Probably my favorite show on TV right now.