Take a Ride to Skyrim on My Little Pony

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Take a Ride to Skyrim on My Little Pony

How do you improve on the awesome Skyrim [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Pc/dp/B004HYIAPM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1298999646&sr=8-3] trailer that blew us away last week? Simple: you add some ponies.

I'm not necessarily someone who believes that all things in life are better with ponies but I do think that this trailer for The Elder Scrolls VI: Equestria is pretty damn awesome. For the record, no, there is no such thing as TES 6; this is actually the audio from the Skyrim trailer that debuted My Little Pony [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108009-First-Skyrim-Trailer-Shows-Off-In-Game-Hotness].

There's something incredibly compelling in the way the pounding chorus and Max von Sydow's cold-iron tones set off the brightly-colored Hasbro animation. It's an amazingly good fit and the more I watch it, the more I think Bethesda should consider some kind of cross-IP licensing deal. This could be huge.

And who knew that My Little Pony was so violent?

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
I am laughing atm...the trailer just got weird :>
I usually get chills down my spine when I hear this trailer, but with the My little pony animation it's a mix between laughs and chills.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
I don't know what to say to that trailer, I have many conflicting emotions. I blink and its an epic trailer for a must play game, but I keep my eyes open too long and its something for my 12 year old cousin.

WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME!?!

XP

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
Seriously you guys, the new My Little Pony cartoon? Unprecedentedly good. From the producer of Powerpuff Girls, and it shows. I kinda wish she'd gotten the nod to do the new Transformers cartoon too...

-Nick

Apr 28, 2008
Holy shit, what is this, forged in God's very flame?
Do my eyes, tell me lies, a new Elder Scrolls game!

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
As much as I found this spoof trailer entertaining, I had to stop watching it and load up the real trailer. The music is just so damn awesome.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
That was awesome and silly. And yeah, i lol'd, especially at the part when the hero is supposed to do a Shout or whatnot...
Nicely done, I'd say.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
God, was that fantastic.

...Until the title card came up. Nice font and underline.

Still, that was pretty damn entertaining. I even got chills. Granted, it's the music and narration that puts me in awe, but that was still adorable.