Take Our "When Technology Goes Bad" Quiz!

Barbalute

funny is not allowed
Jan 4, 2010
Take Our "When Technology Goes Bad" Quiz!

Prepare yourself for the dystopian cruelties of A.I. with our quiz!

We're surrounded be dystopian visions of the future that involve hyperintelligent artificial intelligences that lack human compassion, possibly for the simple reason that these predictions of the future seem both plausible and potentially not far off. Prepare yourself by testing your knowledge of the horrors of future intelligence!

As always, you'll have as long as you like to take the quiz, and can retake it until you get that 100%, but your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboard.

(Take the quiz. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/158])

(Image [http://fierceandnerdy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/terminator_2.jpg])

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
I think it glitched on me or something. It said I missed one of the questions the first time, but when I retook it I picked the same guy and got it right. Wha?

Max Cool

Mar 16, 2011
I wonder how many of hours of gaming it would logically take to be able to get every one of those right the first time. Sadly, I did not commit myself enough to that quest.

SachielOne

Former Escapecraft Op
Aug 10, 2009
How do you guys not have a question about SHODAN? That's a fail right there.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's When Technology Goes Bad Quiz. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/158-When-Technology-Goes-Bad-Quiz]

Took me 5 tries though.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Gah! How can you not have a System Shock question? You even have SHODAN's face in the banner!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
70%, went good enough, several of the questions i had to guess. I feel ashamed that i didn't even know what GLADOS means...
Well, now off to Google to find out!

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
For this quiz I got 6 out 10 right, for some reason I keep getting that same score for most of these quizes. I'm pretty much cursed for that score aren't I? D:

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I scored 50%, with 5 of 10 correct on The Escapist's When Technology Goes Bad Quiz. [br] [a href="/quizzes/view/158-When-Technology-Goes-Bad-Quiz"]Take this quiz[/a]

I didn't even know what GLADOS stood for. I suck.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
8/10.
Pretty good.
But isn't it laws of robotics, not laws of robots?

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Grayjack said:
I scored 50%, with 5 of 10 correct on The Escapist's When Technology Goes Bad Quiz. [br] [a href="/quizzes/view/158-When-Technology-Goes-Bad-Quiz"]Take this quiz[/a]

I didn't even know what GLADOS stood for. I suck.
Understandable. Although they really should have asked what SHODAN stands for.
Also one of the questions should have been about Wasteland. Would have had the same answer though.

Wasteland was awesome :/

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Never understood why, the west in particular, seem to think that computers will one day rise up to destroy humans.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?

How indeed Escapist. How can you not have a question about System Shock?

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Got 9/10 the first time, only one I didn't know was the I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream question, got it second time round, though.

Also, seriously Escapist? Fucking ads in the god-damn captchas? What, you figure that if we're human, we may as well be bombarded with ads? Fuck this shit, this is the last time I post here.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
I love how one of the questions is about the Vault 0 AI, that thing was the definition of evil in the Fallout series.