Take the Comic Book Heroes Quiz!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Take the Comic Book Heroes Quiz!

Greetings, true believers! Time for a quiz about some of our favorite comic book super heroes. Will yours make the list?

Some of them fly, some are fast, some are strong and some are just particularly clever. Whatever their power might be, we here at The Escapist have a spot in our hearts for those costumed crusaders fighting for truth and justice. I'm personally particularly fond of the X-Men, because I can relate to feeling like an outsider, and Batman, because I like believing that someone determined and intelligent can conquer just about anything. Granted, the fact that he's stinking rich doesn't exactly hurt matters any, but still.

As always, you can take as long as you like to complete the quiz, but your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboards. When you're done, make sure you tell us who your favorite comic hero is - I think it says a lot about you.

Ready? Excelsior! (Take the Quiz. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/80])

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
I Have to say that since 1997 my favorite superhero is and always will be Iron Man. Although War Machine is the close second.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Much easier than I expected...

I'm guessing that means there will be an impossible quiz in the future, right?

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I know next to nothing about (western...) superheroes and got 100% on third go. Not too difficult.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
33 seconds. That's kind of sad, when you think about it.

Susan Arendt said:
When you're done, make sure you tell us who your favorite comic hero is - I think it says a lot about you.
The more I read and see of Iron Man, the more I like him. Read "The Five Nightmares" and "Extremis." Great, great stuff.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
60% so not bad...although stumped at the lasso question. Total blank on that one ><

Haz88

Nov 19, 2009
1min20sec. I'm such a dork :p Anyways. I've read X-men since i was 12, but I can't decide which is my favourite. I think I'll go with Cyclops.
100% in first go.

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
Woooo 16th place! With a time of 1 minute exactly. The X-men one stumped me for a second, I only knew the X-men from the cartoon, which I knew was different from the original comic lineup, got the right one though.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
10/10 on the first go, it's been a while since that happened...

As for the favourite superhero, I'm going to pick the obvious and unpopular Superman, the character that got me into comics in the first place.

oldmanscene24

Jul 11, 2006
43 seconds and 2nd place for now!

Batman is by far my favorite. He has no super powers and uses his highly trained body and mind to defeat his foes.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
6 erbkaiser 100.0% (10/10) 00:48 1

W00t!

Two of these were guesses, but apparently I guessed right.

Favourite character: err... I don't read current Marvell or DC comics. So I guess I'll pick The Sandman.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Julianking93 said:
I only missed the one about Tony Stark's college.

No clue on that one.
I think it was even in the movie.

As for me, I haven't read a single comic book except for Ultimate Spider-Man and Deadpool.

As much as I feel bad for having 100%, I couldn't tell who wasn't the original X-Men. God, I'm really bad at X-Men.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
60% on my first try.

Re-took it 3 times until I got all of them correct. (Dang Iron Man and X-men questions)

As for my favorite superhero comic its has to be Spiderman. I always enjoy reading them in the Sunday papers ever since I was little.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Goddammit!!! How the hell could I have 9 out of 10 on a comic hero quiz?! Aaaaaargh, curse you, X-Men!!! So many different versions of them with differing histories, how is that even a valid question?! RAAAAAAAAGE!!! D:<

Anyway, my favorite will probably always be our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, because the webhead got me into comic books when I was a wee lad at the age of 5.

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
My favourite comic book hero is actually Morph from the exiles.
I freakin' loved that comic series, and Morph was so awesome.

I got 8/10 on my first try, which is not bad for a kid growin' up in the nineties, who never got comics from his parents, (apart from an occasional Beano and Dandy here and there! XD).