Take the Comic Book Heroes Quiz!

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
Skooterz said:
[Cold-Shoulder said:
]Got 80% on my first go! ^_^
I feel like it's my personal duty to give a slap on the head to anyone who doesn't get the last question correct.
I didn't know Teenage Mutant ninja turtles was a comic book.
Lolwut.
TMNT had many comics. The original (violent) one, the kiddy Americanized version plus it's spin-off "The Mutanimals", and of course Yosagi Yojimbo not only got his own comic, but for a time he was bigger than the Turtles themselves.
I wasn't aware of that.
I really only know them for their first cartoon series from way back.
I wasn't a fan of it then or now but I'd be surprised if someone didn't know there names. :p

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
Skooterz said:
Khell_Sennet said:
Skooterz said:
[Cold-Shoulder said:
]Got 80% on my first go! ^_^
I feel like it's my personal duty to give a slap on the head to anyone who doesn't get the last question correct.
I didn't know Teenage Mutant ninja turtles was a comic book.
Lolwut.
TMNT had many comics. The original (violent) one, the kiddy Americanized version plus it's spin-off "The Mutanimals", and of course Yosagi Yojimbo not only got his own comic, but for a time he was bigger than the Turtles themselves.
Dude. My lolwut is that they guy didn't know that TMNT had comics. I've actually read all the older, more violent ones.
I only know TMNT from the old cartoon it had.
Stupid mistake on my behalf for not thinking it had a comic.
Awesome avatar by the way. :)

Skooterz

Jul 22, 2009
[Cold-Shoulder said:
]
snip
Thanks. Yeah, I suppose the comics have pretty much been forgotten in favor both the '80's toon and the 2003 one. The 2003 one is actually pretty good if you want to look it up- just ignore Season 6. We don't talk about Season 6....

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
My favorite comic book superhero? Gambit, pre-brain surgery. A close second is Tony Stark/Iron Man with Deadpool hard on his heels. Moon Knight trails in at fourth (mostly 'cause he's too much like Deadpool...) followed finally by Ms. Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix.

Sheer power + wisecracking = epic in my book.

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
Skooterz said:
[Cold-Shoulder said:
]
snip
Thanks. Yeah, I suppose the comics have pretty much been forgotten in favor both the '80's toon and the 2003 one. The 2003 one is actually pretty good if you want to look it up- just ignore Season 6. We don't talk about Season 6....
I watched some of the 2003 one out of curiosity and found it rather good.
I stopped watching it when a talking rabbit was introduced, didn't know what the hell was going on in it by then.
Not curious enough to see what the movie is about...

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
What's my favorite super-hero eh? I'm partial to quite a few, but the answer would probably be Gambit - there's just something about a fellow who throws playing cards (that explode!) as a weapon that I find intriguing.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
So from having never beaten a quiz before, I then manage to go and get 100% my first run through and wind up 17th. And I felt pretty dang sure of myself on each one.

I'm not really sure how I should feel about that...

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
Favourite superhero? That's a hard one.
Deadpool is a possibility, or Ms Marvel... or if I could pick a supergroup: The Authority.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Boba Frag said:
Maybe DC should start poaching marvel artists instead of pinching Grant Morrison repeatedly... Unfortunately, as long as Danny Didio remains unassassinated the current hamfisted attempts at Batman stories isn't going to go away. I didn't like the "Batman is dead thing".
I honestly think only Jeph Loeb could have handled it properly.
That stung me an awful lot, it's like they have no regard whatsoever for the fans or the character himself. Guh.

I think that your idea of cross polination needs to be looked at though! :)
Yeah, I read about that. Robin is now Batman...? The badassness of Batman is nothing without Bruce Wayne. Am not want.

About that cross polination thing... come to think of it, something like that has already been done, and it was awesome.
Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgam_Comics
Luckily one of my buddies from university actually studies modern media and is planning on writing his final exam on comic books, so he owns pretty much every great comic of importance... and I get to read it all for free. ^^

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
90% on my 1st try, not bad.
Only one I messed up on was
Which was not one of the original X-Men

As for my favourite...Spider-Man I suppose.
(And yet I don't like Spiders)

Sprogus

The Lord of Dreams
Jan 8, 2009
The green lantern question is a bit wrong. But other than that good quiz.

Favourite hero is Green Lantern by the way.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Sonicron said:
Boba Frag said:
Maybe DC should start poaching marvel artists instead of pinching Grant Morrison repeatedly... Unfortunately, as long as Danny Didio remains unassassinated the current hamfisted attempts at Batman stories isn't going to go away. I didn't like the "Batman is dead thing".
I honestly think only Jeph Loeb could have handled it properly.
That stung me an awful lot, it's like they have no regard whatsoever for the fans or the character himself. Guh.

I think that your idea of cross polination needs to be looked at though! :)
Yeah, I read about that. Robin is now Batman...? The badassness of Batman is nothing without Bruce Wayne. Am not want.

About that cross polination thing... come to think of it, something like that has already been done, and it was awesome.
Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgam_Comics
Luckily one of my buddies from university actually studies modern media and is planning on writing his final exam on comic books, so he owns pretty much every great comic of importance... and I get to read it all for free. ^^
*splutters*
For FREE??? You lucky git! lol :D
Nice.. I envy your friend being able to write about something he has a passion for!

Yeah.. unfortunately that which you have heard is true. Bruce Wayne is "dead" and Dick Grayson has taken on the Mantle of the Bat. I actually want to read The Battle for the Cowl which sees Grayson duke it out with some villains, including Two-Face, laying claim to the throne.

I hear on the grape vine that, of course, he's not really dead, and that Tim Drake abandons Gotham in his new guise as the Red Robin in order to track him down. Unfortunately, he's the only one who believes he isn't dead...
Some serious bragging rights when Bruce eventually returns though! :p

Thank you for the link, I shall kick into that straight away!

Oh, and oddly enough- one good thing about this whole Batman RIP thing is that Neil Gaiman penned a companion and it's actually pretty good, if typically Gaiman- styled- ie a total headfuck if you think about it too much :p

Mister Eff

Apr 11, 2009
1st try, 44th place, 46 seconds, 100%. That'll do for me! Coulda saved a few on the Iron Man Question.