Take the Comic Book Heroes Quiz!

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Currently 31st. At least I got them all right on the first try. As for my favorite superhero, that would be impossible to name. I love books like The Boys though, which involves guys beating the shit out of douchebad supes when they step out of line.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Favourite superhero? Either Deadpool (if we can count him as a "hero") or Rorschach. Or Nightwing. Batman, but less serious about the job? Yes please!

EDIT: 60th after my 2nd attempt! Combine time of 1:23(Wonder woman's lasso, really?)

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
100% and 16th place. Fuckin' A.

And favourite hero? Hmmm probably a tie between Batman and Spider-man.

Kilaknux

Jun 16, 2009
Joint 3rd! Awesome sauce.
My favourite hero is currently a toss up between Tom Strong and The Question, Vic Sage flavour. The Question because I really like the reality of most of what he does: You could easily imagine him actually existing in the world, which is rare. Tom Strong because a) He's written by Alan Moore. Auto-awesome, b) he's a Doc Savage-esque science hero, the type of which I've really missed, and c) the series as a whole has this really idealistic tone and stories, which is a good balm for the sheer angsty-ness of a lot of comics today.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I guessed a couple and got 90%. Can't believe I got the XMen question wrong.

My favourite comic book hero? I don't read superhero comics, so that's far too dificult for me to answer. Most of my comic book knowledge is either stuff everyone knows, or was incorporated into movie adaptations.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Well...I was kinda dissapointed. A lot of the questions were common knowledge in my opinon and the ones that weren't obvious were simple enough that you could make an educated guess with them.

Skooterz

Jul 22, 2009
Only got the question with the X-men wrong. Never much been a fan of their comic versions, though the cartoons were alright. My blasted connection keeps lagging on me, too, I should have been done quicker.

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
Got 80% on my first go! ^_^
I feel like it's my personal duty to give a slap on the head to anyone who doesn't get the last question correct.
I didn't know Teenage Mutant ninja turtles was a comic book.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Lousey X-men question... 4th try for perfect can't never knew that about the series when I first got into it that part always seemed to be redacted.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
2 tries.
90% on my first try.
Not bad if i say so myself.
Anyway...

Iron Man if my favorite superhero.

One of the things i love about Marvel is their Superheros are far from perfect.
And Iron Man is one of the best examples of that.

He may be a Genius but he struggled with a LOT of problems.

But he overcame them, like when he was struggling with Alcoholism he overcame it as a Person so he could continue to be a Hero.

He may seem like a Jerk and he deffentely loves being the center of attention but he really has the good of humanty at heart.

And he was willing to sacrifice his health and his privacy so he could continue to be a Hero.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I thought i was acctually goign to get a quiz right on my first go, then when i got 90% i was stumpted. I knew all those. So i thought! I did'nt know that about the x-men! Learn somethign eachday.

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
Wow, I thought I was going to get torn to shreds by this quiz because I don't read comic books, but this was ridiculously easy. Just watch the movies and the cartoons and you're fine for this.

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Abedeus said:
Julianking93 said:
I only missed the one about Tony Stark's college.

No clue on that one.
I think it was even in the movie.
To be fair, it is mentioned in passing, as part of the whole "Tony Stark = Howard Hughes" montage.

Personally, I had to look it up to make sure it wasn't one of the things they changed in the Ultimate universe (which the movies are based on). I was glad to see that it's the same, but annoyed that I had to take that kind of uncertainty into account.

laryri

May 19, 2008
5th place! Wooo! I had to guess on the batman's parents one. Not a big DC guy.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I really like Cable, at least in the early Cable & Deadpool comics.

He's basically Jesus! And he got lobotomized for our sins!

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Thor, Iron Man and the Silver Surfer are my favourite heroes. I seriously can't wait for a Thor film. CAN'T. WAIT.