Take the Comic Book Heroes Quiz!

MeowZhuxi

Aug 30, 2009
The x-men really messed me up, got 90% on my first three try's, but didn't know that that one was wrong.
There should definitely be an impossible quiz.

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
A bit too easy this one.

Fave superhero would be... Don't know Gambit or Deadpool(how can you NOT love Deadpool?)

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Sonicron said:
Goddammit!!! How the hell could I have 9 out of 10 on a comic hero quiz?! Aaaaaargh, curse you, X-Men!!! So many different versions of them with differing histories, how is that even a valid question?! RAAAAAAAAGE!!! D:<
I second that but with a little less seething as I accept I know bugger all about the X-Men. Very fair quiz though- you didn't have to know the minutiae about characters and plot threads.
I've always been more of a DC fan than Marvel, but I do have a special place in my heart for Iron Man and Spiderman.

however... the one who gets to affix the symbol on my house is, always has been, and will always be--- (dun-du-dun!!)

The Dark Knight himself! :D

I grew up listening to Kevin Conroy voice him, and I felt so damn happy when I heard that Batman Begins was coming out.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
100% on the first try, possibly the first time I've managed that. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles question slowed me down because it was just so unexpected. The only one I wasn't 100% certain was the Batman question though because I kept thinking Bruce's dad was called John.

mkg

Feb 24, 2009
With the exception of where tony stark attended college, I didn't even need to stop and think about hese. Too easy.

My favorite all time is Deadpool by the by.
Make mine Marvel!

Mantheron

Jul 10, 2009
Well, that's embarassing, I'm the first one who didn't get 100%. And I was sure about every answer. Oy vey, my identity comes crumbling down... (Not really, but still...)

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
100% first try. The questions were way too easy.
Favorite - Green Lantern, but only the Hal Jordan one.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Huh...70%...I figured that I'd get way less, since I've actually never read any of the comics.

Godspiel

Jul 22, 2009
10/10. That was way too easy; I haven't even read most of those titles.

I don't have a favorite superhero, though I will give Batman props for "most improved". I thought he was a joke until the Tim Burton movie came out, and the Dini/Timm series was one of the best Genre shows on network TV in then early 90s.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
90%. Damn you, original X-Men!
The exact same thing for me.

My favorite "hero" would be Deadpool, and I know a few people have said that before, but I say it more on the fact that he's the Marvel hero I can relate to the most. He isn't perfect in any way (except maybe for the superhero physique, but that is still offset by the cancer all over his body), really doesn't know what he wants to do in life, and what he wants to do (be a hero, whenever he gets around to it) he recognizes that he really can't do, so he sticks with what he's good at, his only real power is not dying (a power most everyone has until they actually die) since his regeneration seems to be less than Wolverines "I can regenerate from a cell", has dissociative identity disorder (to clarify here, I don't fully have this, but I, in order to write different characters, create a seperate "mind" that I dispose of once I've finished, but while I'm still using it, it plays out similarly to Deadpool's extra boxes), seems almost unable to not stop joking, and often seems out of place when other heroes are around. Of course, I do have a lot of differences with him (morality, cancer, etc.) but I'd say from the Marvel universe, he's the closest I'd relate. Plus he's hilarious (teaching stick, exploding chair, meat suit, becoming a pirate, years of therapy down the drain, shoryuken, etc.) which helps.

pumasuit

Aug 7, 2009
Fav Superhero?

CAPTAIN AMERICA! First comic book I ever owned was the Civil War series. He's like Superman without a rod up his nethers. It's not about the Law, it's about what's right. When the going gets tough, the tough get going!

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Woohooo! 8th place right now!
I always knew my obsessive reading of comics would pay off in some small, insignificant way in the future!
And I think my favorite superhero has to be Superman. Sure, he's a godlike character, but damn is it great to see him kicking someone's ass all over the pages of a comic.
But my favorite ever comic character is probably Spider Jerusalem. With the Goon a close second.

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
Jaredin said:
60% so not bad...although stumped at the lasso question. Total blank on that one ><
Pointless trivia; The creator of Wonder Woman also event the polygraph (lie detector) machine.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Boba Frag said:
Sonicron said:
Goddammit!!! How the hell could I have 9 out of 10 on a comic hero quiz?! Aaaaaargh, curse you, X-Men!!! So many different versions of them with differing histories, how is that even a valid question?! RAAAAAAAAGE!!! D:<
I second that but with a little less seething as I accept I know bugger all about the X-Men. Very fair quiz though- you didn't have to know the minutiae about characters and plot threads.
I've always been more of a DC fan than Marvel, but I do have a special place in my heart for Iron Man and Spiderman.

however... the one who gets to affix the symbol on my house is, always has been, and will always be--- (dun-du-dun!!)

The Dark Knight himself! :D

I grew up listening to Kevin Conroy voice him, and I felt so damn happy when I heard that Batman Begins was coming out.
Eh, I don't know all that much about the X-Men myself, but goddammit, my halfway decent knowledge of comic books and the characters that inhabit them is one of the few things I pride myself on, so this quiz... stung me. Uncomfortably.

By the way, I was originally mostly a Marvel guy, but over the last few years I've considerably expanded my horizon and come to appreciate DC - in fact, I think that the majority of characters is a lot more interesting than the Marvel 'verse. Too bad that most DC characters are absolutely painful to look at. I wager that an amalgamation of Marvel character design and DC storytelling and character development would equal superhero perfection.