Take The Escapist Survey, Win Some Stuff

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Take The Escapist Survey, Win Some Stuff

Want to help make Themis Media Demographic Survey [http://www.escapistmagazine.com], a new quickie poll that might just make the internet a better place.

The survey, which should take less than five minutes to wrap up, will be used by The Escapist as well as Amazon [http://gucomics.com/]gift cards. Spend 'em however you want, as long as you spend 'em at Amazon.

So saddle up, look deep within yourselves, and check those boxes! (Drop-down menus may also be present.) For those who missed the first link, the official rules can be found Go! [http://www.themis-group.com/content/contest_rules]

MrKeroChan

Oct 3, 2007
When you write a survey...please remember that "NONE" is also an answer. so is "I don't watch TV" oyi

Kronopticon

Nov 7, 2007
not fair, i cant be part of it 'cos im british, oh well, i'd much rather be british, "than cheeseburger inhaling yanks", actually, considering britain this day and age, id much rather be in australia, or new zealand, much nicer places with much nicer people.

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
I take it they don't have grammar check in the U.K.?

Please see our guidelines for posting [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.50823] from here on out.

Aquilon

Jun 18, 2007
You should take a look at question 3, alternatives 5,6 and 7. 5 and 6 are the same, while alternative 7 should probably have been moved further up.

Question 14: "Fanshion". Question 15: "Delivary". Question 36: "do your regularly".

I'll go away now :p

Edit: Why is it that only US citizens are allowed to enter the contest, even though amazon.com ships to a significant number of countries? Legal difficulties (ie: too much work to create a separate ToS for every country if that is what is required)?

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Joe said:
I take it they don't have grammar check in the U.K.?

Please see our guidelines for posting [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.50823] from here on out.
which tels me keep the posting to a minuim since my brain is broken and grammar is nearly impossible for me :p

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
We should have a poll and see how many of each nationality use this site because both this and that Assassins Creed contest are both for the states and I think that's a bit weird.
Im guessing enough people are from other countries that some kind of visible notice should go on things like this saying that something is for US residents only.

And Zippy just paste it in word or something and use spellcheck if youre worried about spelling.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Easykill said:
We should have a poll and see how many of each nationality use this site because both this and that Assassins Creed contest are both for the states and I think that's a bit weird.
Im guessing enough people are from other countries that some kind of visible notice should go on things like this saying that something is for US residents only.

And Zippy just paste it in word or something and use spellcheck if youre worried about spelling.
I don't have word, Fire fox has a ok spell checker but tis zippy translator(grammar check)is not quite good :p

LordOmnit

Oct 8, 2007
I liked how they had cosplay as an option for your typical atire.
That gave me a laugh.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
MrKeroChan said:
When you write a survey...please remember that "NONE" is also an answer. so is "I don't watch TV" oyi
A "none" or "I don't watch TV" answer would also be not checking any of the boxes. Same for not owning a console and other similar questions. We're smart enough to figure out that if you don't check anything, you mean nothing.

Aquilon said:
Why is it that only US citizens are allowed to enter the contest, even though amazon.com ships to a significant number of countries? Legal difficulties (ie: too much work to create a separate ToS for every country if that is what is required)?
Running contests for one country is easy - you just get a lawyer that knows contest law in that country, and make sure you're not going to break the law there. Running contests in a dozen countries, on the other hand, would require knowing contest law for each of them, and writing the contests in a way to allow it to work in all of them. We don't have a fleet of lawyers, so we have to limit the contests we run to cover ourselves.

Of course, we're sending the gift certificates to an email address, not a mailing address, so the legal stuff is kind of based on the honor system.

Easykill said:
We already know, no poll is needed, but see the above answer as to why this doesn't help. As for the Assassin's Creed contest, that's not ours - we're just running ads for it - but I'm sure the reasons are basically the same.

Simmage said:
Survey complete. Enjoy all the precious data I sent you :p
Mmmm... precious data....