Take The Escapist's World of Warcraft Anniversary Quiz(zes)!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Take The Escapist's World of Warcraft Anniversary Quiz(zes)!

World of Warcraft turns five today, and so in celebration we're bringing you a pair of quizzes about life and adventuring in Azeroth - with a pair of badges at stake, too!

Hey, everybody - Funk here. I've Cycloned Escapist Senior Editor Susan Arendt to take over the quiz this week in honor of World of Warcraft's fifth birthday. We've got a pair of quizzes for you today, and you know the drill:

Casual questers in Azeroth might want to try their hand at the "Normal" quiz, but if you've been waiting for a real challenge, set the difficulty to Heroic by taking on our "Impossible" quiz, a quiz that will separate the merely Epic from the truly Legendary. Trust me: Getting 100% on your first go won't be easy, as these questions pull from all five years of World of Warcraft.

On the other hand, you can try as many times as you like and take as long as you want in order to get the special badges awarded for getting all 10 questions right, but dilly-dallying will be reflected in your position on our leaderboards.

If you're all buffed up and ready to go, then good luck - for the Alliance! (Okay, okay, for the Horde, too.)

(Take the Normal WoW quiz. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/42])
(Take the Impossible WoW quiz. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/43])

Got a quiz of your own you'd like to submit? Send it to [email protected]. If we use it, you'll receive a special badge! Please be sure to put "Quiz" as the subject and include your forum name with your submission.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Wow kudos to the folks that set up the quiz. You're not telling which answers are wrong and you're shuffling the questions? This hunter is pleased.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Holy crap Funk, 0:20 on the normal!?

That's just mean :(

Currently second. Now for the impossible one...

Bah, only 70%. Oh well. That Void Zone question really threw me. I call them Stupid Holes anyway.

Hah, now 100%, only took me 6 tries and five minutes.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Haven't played WoW recently.

But I did ace the normal.

3/10 on the impossible.

Eh. Its a good thing, I suppose.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Wow, best I've ever done in these quizzes. At the time of writing, third at the normal, and ninth at the impossible one.

Also, 20 seconds? Hot damn. Did you pop a haste potion or something?

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
So now what?

Rhayn said:
Wow, best I've ever done in these quizzes. At the time of writing, third at the normal, and ninth at the impossible one.

Also, 20 seconds? Hot damn. Did you pop a haste potion or something?
He wrote the damn quiz... he's cheating

Baron Khaine

Jun 24, 2009
Amnestic said:

Bah, only 70%. Oh well. That Void Zone question really threw me. I call them Stupid Holes anyway.

I think Funk cheated, though I did pip your time by about 5 second's. However, the impossible quiz elludes me because of my inability to finish leveling through Northrend.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
smallharmlesskitten said:
Amnestic said:
So now what?
Now we sit back and enjoy our spanky new Mrrrglllllrrrglluurlglllmmmrllg badges.
nah.. I'd prefer the

*hemo's amnestic*
LOL I'M A DEATH KNIGHT. 3.0.1 IBF>j00!

Baron Khaine said:
Amnestic said:

I think Funk cheated, though I did pip your time by about 5 second's. However, the impossible quiz elludes me because of my inability to finish leveling through Northrend.
I think only one of those questions was specific to new Northrend content, maybe two?

Just guess until you get them right :p

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
I'm almost disappointed with myself that I did that well, considering I haven't been playing in a few months.

I lost it on the Thorim question though - the answer to that question is something of a running joke among the people I raid with.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Amnestic said:
Amnestic said:
So now what?
Now we sit back and enjoy our spanky new Mrrrglllllrrrglluurlglllmmmrllg badges.
nah.. I'd prefer the

*hemo's amnestic*
.....and? link your damn armory...
This is she. [http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&n=Zappewpew]

I logged off in DPS gear though, she's primarily a tank and she's about a tiers worth better than that.

Also note the last log in date :p I quit mid August.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Amnestic said:
Amnestic said:
Amnestic said:
So now what?
nah.. I'd prefer the

*hemo's amnestic*
This is she. [http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&n=Zappewpew]

I logged off in DPS gear though, she's primarily a tank and she's about a tiers worth better than that.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz%27goroth&n=Vargur

Why was your main a DK?

Baron Khaine

Jun 24, 2009
Amnestic said:
Amnestic said:
So now what?
nah.. I'd prefer the

*hemo's amnestic*

Baron Khaine said:
Amnestic said:

I think only one of those questions was specific to new Northrend content, maybe two?

Just guess until you get them right :p
Yes, but i'm lazy. And I like my current badge's, so holding second spot on the normal quiz is enough for my ego today. Unless someone dares beat me.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Amnestic said:
Amnestic said:
Amnestic said:
So now what?
nah.. I'd prefer the

*hemo's amnestic*

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz%27goroth&n=Vargur

Why was your main a DK?
Because I liked the playstyle. I loved tanking without a shield and without looking at a furry bear arse. I loved Death Grip. I loved Icy Touch. I loved Howling Blast. I loved Frost Strike. I loved the Rune/Runic Power system. I had a Warlock for TBC and a Rogue for Vanilla. I've got an 80 Retridin as well, but she's barely worth talking about since I levelled her for the sole purpose of node grinding for my main's professions.

Anyway, gotta go, will be late for my lecture at this rate.

Skweebl

Oct 10, 2008
Toughest one for me was the easter egg in Stranglethorn. D: I got the rest right each time, I just couldn't nail that one question. ><

I'm 8th atm on both of them, but I bet by the end of the day I get knocked off my high chair ;P

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
10/10 on the Normal Quiz and 3/10 on the Impossible Quiz.

By far one of the best games ever.